“Good Days Inn”

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Texarkana
Mooreville, Mississippi, United States
“Good Days Inn”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I usually look for a deal and they had a coupon in one of the travel guides you pick up at convenience stores on the highway. The room was good for the money.
The bed was comfortable, the a/c worked fine, good hot shower, good free breakfast with the usual waffle, and also clean and quiet.
The young woman at the desk was very friendly and helpful. The owner was also friendly and was eager to share about her Indian culture when we chatted for a while.
The Cattlemen's Steakhouse next door was really great. The best prime rib ever!
I will make it a point to stay there the next time I am through Texarkana.

Room Tip: Always ask for the best rate. (We did pay an extra $5 above the coupon rate to get first floor.)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Philly
Reviewed March 26, 2010

During check in we were told we would receive our WYNDHAM REWARDS POINTS for staying here. The rate we paid was $49.95 for a one bedroom. There was another coupon rate for less money, but we paid the higher rate to receive our points. I was assured at the check in counter that I would receive my points. I never received my points. After numerous attempts to resolve this, I was told by both WYNDHAMREWARDS and DAYS INN that the owners of the motel claim that my rate was a special non-point rate. This is in exactly the opposite of what the check in desk stated. So, Buyer Beware !!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Deek24

Travelers are raving about these Texarkana hotels

st. louis
Reviewed December 29, 2007

The manager at this hotel is not friendly and not willing to be flexible in certain circumstance. The room was not completely clean either.

• Liked — breakfast
  • Disliked — unfriendly manager
  • Stayed December 2007
1 Thank gabby10
Nashville, TN
Reviewed November 26, 2007

We travel alot (at least once a month as a family of 4) and usually stay at Hampton Inns. Unfortunately the Hampton in Texarkana was booked up so we took a risk on the Days Inn down the street. Bad idea.

--The non-smoking room had obviously been inhabited by smokers. The smell was stiff.

--The bathroom sink was clogged.

--The towels were off-color and not folded neatly.

--There was grit in the sheets of one bed.

--There was hair in the shower.

--The toilet shifted around when sat upon.

--There was a huge crack in the window by the door.

--The noise from the street (cars, trucks and sirens) was very disturbing. I felt like I was attempting to sleep in the street.

This was such a poor experience that we decided to come home a night early, choosing to skip the last night we had booked, even though it was already paid for, and drive all night to get home.

Don't waste your money. There are quite a few hotels on the North end of State Line in Texarkana. Go further North for a cleaner experience. We definately will!

• Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank bellevue_blues
Houston TX
Reviewed May 22, 2007

I was there on 16th May 2007, there were several motels around, and I stopped by This motel and asked for a deal, I found it little expensive and when I was about to walk out, the lady names "Ana" atried to offer me a better deal, that was $45 including everything, And I finally accepted to stay there. The room was OK, expect for some dirt on the Bath tough floor, and some small spiders...
And Now when I check my credit card statement they charged me $51 and when I called them there was an Indian lady who wanted me to SHUP up.. and she hung up phone, ....
Very WORST SERVICE EVER seen in USA......
DONT DONT DONT EVEN TRY TO STEP ON THAT MOTEL..
Once again... HORRIBLEE

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Costumer service
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank YouthAZ
DC
Reviewed August 8, 2006

I booked my room via DaysInn's web on 6/16/2006 and received a confirmation email, and had a hard copy of the reservation printout.

I got a phone call a couple days before my planned checkin date from the hotel owner and manager Micke Patel, who told me that he cannot honor this rate because it's too low. If I had to stay with them I would have to pay $53.95+Tax a day. Sure it's low, it was a promotion rate! I booked the room with the promotion code LRO. I tried to search with this code again on the day I received his phone call. No surprise, there is no longer such a promotion any more.

He asked me a question "have you ever stayed with any hotel at this rate?". Sure I did. I had free nights too. And that's the reason why he can't honor the reservation rate!!

He even said he's trying to alert customer way in advance. Sure, the reservation was made on 6/16, and on 8/9 I got his phone call. That's REALLY helpful.

Stay away from it!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Tips/Secrets — stay away from it.
  • Stayed July 2006
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank No_daysinn_texarkana
Also consider these accommodations in or near Texarkana
Comfort Suites Texarkana
#10 of 19 in Texarkana
Regency Inn & Suites
Regency Inn & Suites
#7 of 17 in Texarkana

Been to Days Inn Texarkana? Share your experiences!