“Clean, modern, very fast Wifi”

Baymont Inn & Suites Texarkana
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Texarkana
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Great hotel. Very clean but typical La Quinta. Nothing fancy but comfortable room. No signs of wear. Check in took 2 minutes. Got a room for $70 from LaQuinta.com.

Some hotels have free Wifi that is as slow as mud. The Wifi connected immediately and was actually high speed.

The HD Samsung TV actually works well and has channels that actually come in with a perfectly clean picture.

I'd definitely come back.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed at the Texarkana La Quinta Inn and Suites and I had expected something more than a simple motel room, but there weren't any suites on site (or in sight for that matter). While the room was clean and comfortable, it just wasn't what I expected based on the name of the motel. I expected a room with a bit more room including a sofa, a side chair, and a coffee table. The breakfast provided in the morning was as expected but the housekeeping staff uses the eating area as a gathering point and morning get together location. My rating is based La Quinta Inn & Suites indicating one thing in their name and then failing to meet my expectations. I would try something before staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 31, 2012

The room was typical for a La Quinta and the bed was comfortable. I paid just shy of $100 for average in my opinion. I have a La Quinta rewards card, therefore I tend to seek out La Quinta hotels, but I will probably skip on this hotel next time. I asked for a non-smoking room which I believe I received, but the towels smelled of smoke and it bothered me a lot. I was thankful that the sheets did not smell of smoke.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2012

It wasn't a bad hotel, I've been in a lot worse...the room was clean, just older, the bathroom was small. We didn't make it in time for breakfast, so I can't help ya there...the staff was so very friendly and helpful!!! They even called after we got into the room to make sure everything was ok!! It was better than most places that allow pets!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I gave this hotel a chance because I had my dogs with me. My first choices, the Holiday Inn Express, and the Best Western, do not take pets. The manager warmly welcomed me and my dogs and let me see the room in advance (my last La Quinta, in Crossville TN, made me concerned about the LQ brand in general).

The manager also warmly encouraged me to go see the room, and if I liked it, leave the dogs in the room while I checked in and unloaded the car. It was clear that she understood what it is like to drive for 14 hours and need to relax, and how hard it is to accomplish simple tasks with two dogs in tow. The manager is top notch, and that makes a big difference. Check in was a breeze wi the dogs safely waiting in the clean room that is textbook LQ. The manager also showed a sense of humor and true enthusiasm for her La Quinta.

This hotel is clean and pleasant. I looked for something to find wrong in the room, and could find only this to quibble with: I wish there were a few unoccupied electrical outlets for my laptop. The internet connection was free and easy to use, though.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Better than most La Quinta Inns -- all rooms were interior entry, the breakfast was filling, but a little heavy on the carbs. No eggs or bacon or sausage, but it was included with the price of the room, which was a good value overall. The beds were comfortable, and the room amenities were current.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Nice and clean. Convenient to interstate and an Ihop!
Parking lot is a little small, but filled with truckers who know where to stay.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Texarkana
Best Western Plus Texarkana Inn & Suites
#10 of 19 in Texarkana
Knights Inn Texarkana
Knights Inn Texarkana
#14 of 18 in Texarkana

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Texarkana? Share your experiences!