“Great food!”

Hopkins Icehouse
Ranked #8 of 83 Restaurants in Texarkana
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Magnolia, Arkansas
“Great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I had the blackened catfish, which was great, but I tried gumbo and one of the pizza selections from others at my table - both of those were excellent! Next time I go, I believe I will likely get a bowl of the gumbo. As others have noted, it is more of a bar than a restaurant, but the food is exceptional for a bar. No one under 21 is allowed inside, so no kiddos! Very unique, clean, and overall a great addition to the Texarkana dining scene!

• Visited November 2013

Aliso Viejo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great lunch interesting building!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

Quiet Monday lunch enjoyed our blt and coney dog. Was provided some LA root beer which was a great suggestion pretty good root beer. Atmosphere was nice would have liked to see a table tent telling us more about the history of the place through out the years. Looked like the building had a long interesting history. Would reccommend the place if you are over 21.

• Visited October 2013
Camden, Arkansas
“Food was decent, not outstanding”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

First off, we didn't realize how much more of a bar this place is than a restaurant, so we went on a Friday night expecting to eat dinner, not be hit with a $5 cover charge to listen to a band, which was actually pretty good, but not worth the cover. We aren't drinkers or bar goers and don't really enjoy loud, smoky establishments so we sat outside and ordered a pizza and sandwich, neither of which blew our socks off but were definitely pretty good. We also had some queso and that was good. We would go back on a weekday for lunch but will not be returning on a weekend night. I was not happy about the cover charge and would have left if not for my husband who was willing to pay it rather than drive to another eating place. The building is very cool, and in another phase in life, I would have enjoyed this place a little more, but I can't hang with the smoking and loud drunk crowd these days.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Bodacious_Ol
“No one under 21 allowed inside!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Traveling through my family stopped in to eat because it had good reviews. My children could not go in so we ate outside, swatting flies at an awkwardly shaped picnic table. The food was very good and our server did give us another hot dog after my son dropped his, but we did not see him again. No napkins, no refills, no check. My husband had to go inside to get those things- twice. Maybe the service is better inside- if you don't mind the smoke. The food was excellent!

• Visited June 2013
“Fun but it is a bar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

You can order food and the service is nice. It is a smokers place. I smoke but I can barely breath in there during night events. Now a lot of friends I have go during the day for lunch when it is quiet and more calm. So if night life is your thing hit them up. If you want mellow then lunch is the tine ro go for you. No one under 21 so no kids. We don't go often because we have kids.