“Food was decent, not outstanding”
Review of Hopkins Icehouse

Hopkins Icehouse
Ranked #7 of 83 Restaurants in Texarkana
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Camden, Arkansas
“Food was decent, not outstanding”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

First off, we didn't realize how much more of a bar this place is than a restaurant, so we went on a Friday night expecting to eat dinner, not be hit with a $5 cover charge to listen to a band, which was actually pretty good, but not worth the cover. We aren't drinkers or bar goers and don't really enjoy loud, smoky establishments so we sat outside and ordered a pizza and sandwich, neither of which blew our socks off but were definitely pretty good. We also had some queso and that was good. We would go back on a weekday for lunch but will not be returning on a weekend night. I was not happy about the cover charge and would have left if not for my husband who was willing to pay it rather than drive to another eating place. The building is very cool, and in another phase in life, I would have enjoyed this place a little more, but I can't hang with the smoking and loud drunk crowd these days.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Bodacious_Ol

“No one under 21 allowed inside!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Traveling through my family stopped in to eat because it had good reviews. My children could not go in so we ate outside, swatting flies at an awkwardly shaped picnic table. The food was very good and our server did give us another hot dog after my son dropped his, but we did not see him again. No napkins, no refills, no check. My husband had to go inside to get those things- twice. Maybe the service is better inside- if you don't mind the smoke. The food was excellent!

• Visited June 2013
“Fun but it is a bar”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

You can order food and the service is nice. It is a smokers place. I smoke but I can barely breath in there during night events. Now a lot of friends I have go during the day for lunch when it is quiet and more calm. So if night life is your thing hit them up. If you want mellow then lunch is the tine ro go for you. No one under 21 so no kids. We don't go often because we have kids.

Texarkana, Texas
“Was a feed store.”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Local feel. It is a place that does lunch but transforms to the bar and grill scene in the afternoon. Took me over a year to stop in after we moved back. Was worth the stop.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank bwana7
Dallas, Texas
“Delicious Surprise”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Stopped in for the beer selection and was really surprised with the meals. The Basil Cashew Chicken sandwich is fantastic with pesto and a bit if zip in the creamy mix. On another visit I enjoyed the Waldorf Salad which was ample, fresh and delicious. The surroundings are historic with enough renovations to be pub-like and enough orinal to make it interesting. To top off the food and beer selection they have live music regularly often with no cover. Great place to relax in the evening and I'll be back.

• Visited August 2012