“Good rooms, breakfast OK, poor internet availability in rooms”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Texarkana Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Texarkana
Canada
“Good rooms, breakfast OK, poor internet availability in rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2012

Normal Best Western Plus standard, but prefer Hampton Inns for room and food quality.

Room Tip: Hotel is in a quiet location off the interstate.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

I think some of the reviewers who had bad experiences must have this hotel confused with another BW in the area. This is a fairly new hotel that is clean and has courteous staff. The rooms are very large and well furnished. The beds are very comfortable and the provided breakfast is as expected. It is also very clean and quite. We had a very good experience here and would stay again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for one night on 6/3/12. This hotel is modern, clean and gorgeous, so I was surprised to read a recent review stating otherwise. We were on a two-week motorcycle trip and stayed at many hotels; this was one of the nicest. The lobby, breakfast area, pool and room were very clean and modern. Our room was very large, and the bedding and comforter were very nice. There also was a frig and microwave. I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel again and highly recommend it.

I had checked two sites and found that there are hotels with bedbugs reported in both Texarkansa Arkansas and Texas, so stayed here knowing that there had been no incidents of that. This is a very, very nice hotel.

The one negative is that the female hotel clerk who checked us in was not at all helpful when I asked about restaurants and how to get to the post office (gave wrong directions). But that would not keep me from staying here again.

Note: The Copeland's next door has a "Homemade Brownie Deluxe a la Mode" for $6.99 that is one of the best desserts I have ever had, and I am a chocolate fanatic. Arkansas is dry on Sundays, so you can also get beer or drinks at Copeland's and a few other restaurants - just none to take out. Texarkansa Texas is totally dry, which by their definition means that you can drink in a restaurant but not buy any for private consumption.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Minneapolis_MNLegs
Round Rock, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

This was our second time to this hotel and we couldn't believe how much it had deteriorated since our initial stay. It was like a completely different hotel. The entire place smelled really bad and the public areas, hallways, were extremely dirty. We were woken up in the middle of the night to a drunk man cursing and slamming doors and fighting with somebody. It was scary and no better than staying in a cheap motel. We will not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank AdrienneNew
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

I booked with them through Hotwire and because of soem accounting problem between Best Western and Hotwire the Best Western wanted me to pay again. They had experienced the same thing before with Hotwire and knew Hotwire was good for it, but yet they wanted to make me pay even though I had already paid. They said I would be refunded later. They held me up at check in and at check out. When I was checking in they finally said I could check in and they would take it up with Hotwire on Monday(I checked in on a Friday). Then when I was checking out the next morning they tried to get me to pay again. That meant they had lied to me the night before. Eventually after caling the manager, no the manager wasn't even on the premisis, they again told me I could go and they would take it up with Hotwire on Monday. Then a few hours later Hotwire called me and apologized, but said Best Western told them to tell me that they would indeed charge me. So, they had lied to me again. I would never consider going there again.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2012

Had an excellent stay. Appreciate the polite, thoughtful & friendly assistance of the young man "Gage" who assisted us on check in. Beds were comfy, the cleanliness & friendliness of the staff made our stay great.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank runnergirlz
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2012

We stopped in Texarkana late on a Saturday night and the BWTexarkana was our first and only hotel to investigate without checking reviews prior to arrival. Slick, new interior and staff was friendly and a pleasure to deal with. High ceilings in our first floor room and very comfortable beds and linens. A+ place to stay for <$80.

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank CHCutler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Texarkana
Comfort Suites Texarkana
Wyndham Garden Texarkana
Wyndham Garden Texarkana
#2 of 19 in Texarkana
Fairfield Inn & Suites Texarkana

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Texarkana Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!