“Not So Much”

Holiday Inn Express Texarkana East
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Texarkana
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

No water pressure in sink, luke warm tub, and iron didn't work. I checked out the next morning, three days early. Later that day they called me, apologized, and comped my stay. That was nice and unexpected. Thinking they just had a bad day I re-booked for the remaining 3 nights in a different room. I stayed 2 of the 3 and checked out "again", early. No water pressure in sink, barely warm shower, and no shampoo (iron worked). I had called down to the front desk the morning before and asked to have corrections made but no change was made. Rooms were clean, bed comfortable, worked, breakfast was good as expected, staff was polite and professional. I had 2 GPS's, neither one could locate this 3 year old hotel. I can't and won't stay at a hotel that has water pressure and temperature problems.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Pam N, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Texarkana East, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to complete a review. I am very sorry for the issues in which you had while staying at our property. Thank you for bringing them to our attention so that we can get them corrected. I am glad to hear that you did think our rooms were clean and staff was friendly. I do hope that you will give us another chance in the future. Please feel free to contact me if there is anything I can help you with in the future.

Pam Nicholson

Reviewed December 4, 2013

The Hotel overall, is fairly nice. Clean Rooms & Friendly Desk Staff. One problem was that the entire Hotel was extremely stuffy. The air seemed heavy, and I found slight difficultly breathing at times. I only lasted 10 minutes in the fitness room, which was also stuffy and humid.

The bed was clean, but the mattress had seen better days. The room had Microwave & Fridge, Flat Screen TV, and a nice size work desk. Free internet, easy to log on, and reliable.

The bathroom was large. Good water pressure, and plenty of hot water.

Heat / AC does not shut down when it reaches temp, so temp settings were hard to maintain.

The free breakfast is the standard HI Express Breakfast. It’s usually very good, but it was late every morning, and I have to get an early start, so I had to miss it.

They also have a Guest Laundry, but no change for the machines, so I missed that too and took my dirty laundry with me to my next assignment.

I was really disappointed with this stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Texarkana East, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Dear JimDavisHouston,

Thank you for your review and for enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. I am delighted to hear that you find our rooms clean and staff friendly. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. I am sorry for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay with us. As we continually strive for excellence in customer service, we maintain the ideal of keeping guest satisfaction as our top priority. This feedback will be shared with the appropriate people that can help us make a difference to ensure our valued guests' needs and expectations are met in the future.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed November 11, 2013

One night stay while on business. Overall, I'd say a very beautiful looking HIE, inside and out. Much better looking than most (and I stay in them a LOT!). Close to freeway (Interstate), but not too close, which was nice. Right by convention center and a water park. There is also a very large, new Holiday Inn next door. Many restaurants nearby, and close to the airport.

Pros: Staff was nice, but did not give me the perfunctory IHG Rewards Gold Elite Member "welcome back" greeting or a goody bag or even a bottle of water :( The great news is they DON'T allow pets or smokers! Yeah! I love animals, but they don't belong sleeping in my bed! Hotels are NOT a place to bring your pets, folks! That's what kennels are for! Hello! Way to go, Texarkana HIE! That's why I don't stay at La Quinta's folks....their "unadvertised" pets welcome policy! I've seen people coming out of their rooms there with five dogs at once! Cheapskates!

Very attractive, modern building with nice décor. Flat screen, fridge, etc. Nice indoor pool and exercise areas.

Cons: Alas, no HBO or Showtime, but I don't watch much TV anyway. Breakfast disappointed. The pancake maker machine product bag was empty :( There was no "fat free" milk. Only a gallon JUG of skim milk in the fridge, which I found strange. No individual portions. Maybe they were just temporarily out. No bananas! Yikes! I found a small, plastic candy wrapper next to my bed. The bedskirt by the head area had a creepy looking and very visible dark stain running down it from, "whatever" ! By the way, I HATE all the mattresses at HIE. They absolutely suck! The mattresses here were no exception. They are just too "springy" for my taste. I was on third floor, and a loud noise like a constantly cycling HVAC compressor kept awakening me (I am a very light sleeper anyway). The water pressure in the sink and shower was unacceptably low (at least for me it was). The business center was very nice (library-like), but it has no printer. You have to go to the check-in counter for your copies.

I hope I don't sound too critical. Overall, I would stay here again. Very nice property.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stopped here on a recent trip to central Texas. The hotel is located right off the interstate. I had a little trouble seeing the driveway at night. Our room was large and very clean...which is important when you have three kids. The kids liked the pancake machine at breakfast. I would definitely stay here again the next time we are coming through the area.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank RenLew
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Room was lovely, large, king bed, quiet, clean and modern. Lots of choice around for dinner.
Staff very pleasant. Breakfast was an epic failure. No fresh fruit, no cinnamon buns, no biscuits, no sausage, no eggs . . .nothing hot. Coffee was weak and flavourless. Bread for toast was nearly stale. After toast and yogurt, the cinnamon buns came out - just warm. A contingent of construction workers came in and the hot breakfast stuff came out. They needed it more than us, so we got out stuff and checked out. Staff apologized, but too little, too late. Otherwise fine.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Texarkana East, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Dear Madeleine C,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room and the majority of features provided. I am truly sorry to hear that the breakfast served during your travel did not live up to your expectations. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed October 8, 2013

The Holiday Inn Express in eastern Texarkana is right off Interstate 30 and close to the Texarkana regional airport. The hotel is good for now, but will run into trouble once all the new hotels in the immediate vicinity open. Check-in was a bit of a drag, since there a single employee was handling all the check-ins at the busiest time. Breakfast was ok, but far from similar hotels in the same price range. I guess this was my first and last stay at a Holiday Inn Express, but if your expectations are limited to a clean room and quick snack for breakfast this might be just the place for you.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

This location is new facility. Upon arriving Tyrone came out to the driveway and greeted us.He made the check in fast and inviting. The facility is new so I guess your stay will be awesome. Everything and anything is within a minute distance. Will return.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Texarkana
Best Western Plus Texarkana Inn & Suites
Wyndham Garden Texarkana
Wyndham Garden Texarkana
#6 of 19 in Texarkana
Hilton Garden Inn Texarkana

Been to Holiday Inn Express Texarkana East? Share your experiences!