“Very dissapointed.”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Texarkana
Houston, Texas
“Very dissapointed.”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I should have read these reviews first. The fun continues from what I can see.

Room was damp and musty, bed was hard as a rock. There was no hot water or breakfast the next morning. Explanation was "the truck don't come until tomorrow". To add insult to injury, they did not give me rewards points, even though I gave them my number when I made the reservation. I was not offered any comp of any kind.

WORST IHG property I have ever stayed in. AVOID.

Room Tip: Stay on the Texas side.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Texarkana East, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear 938Peaster,

Thank you very much for your review. We highly value views, opinions and feedback from our guests, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide. Please accept my apologies for the disappointments and inconvenience caused by our room accommodations. However, we are glad our team were able to resolve this issue for you. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Zelyn N
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Wylie, Texas
Reviewed September 20, 2013

1st Night for us on 2013 Hot Rod Tour, Left Arlington, Tx with 3000 friends or they will be by the time with complete the seven cities in seven days. Hotel is almost new, everything was in really new condition and the staff was very prepared to be sold out. Breakfast staff had been informed that we would all be up and out to a Drivers meeting at 7:00 and she was very prepared, so I have to say that if she could handle a full dinning room, full of people in a hurry and wanting to eat she can handle the everyday family, We would return and would recommend it to anyone in the area. We stay at Holiday Inn's when we can for their club points to use when we go to see our granddaughter, at college. We drive a corvette and are very careful where we park it and the lot at this Holiday Inn was large and well lighted. On the Tour people meet in the parking lots and visit and polish their babies for the next day, this was a good place to do all the pre work for the next day.

Room Tip: This Hotel was chose for us by the staff of Hot Rod Magazine when we signed up for the tour, we had...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Missouri
Reviewed September 2, 2013

If the outer door was locked on the end of the building like it said, and if my room door auto closed and locked, this would have been rated excellent. Very nice staff, the young lady at the front desk was very helpful. Breakfast was good, parking was good, my only issue was the two security issues.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was in room 224 a standard King room. I was moved to this room because my original room had a noisy AC unit.

The property is very nice, it reminds me of a Hampton Inn, with darker tones and an upscale feel.

PROS

Upscale décor
solid surface counters
Tile Bath
Micro/fridge combo
Good Bed, but cheap pillows
32" flatscreen is commonplace

CONS

The room I was moved into wasn't ready and the maid came in unannounced to add towels
I still ended up without soap
The tub drain doesn't close, had to use shower vs. bath
The internet connection is SLOW
work chair had dried food stuck on the seat which I had to clean off.
The pool and whirlpool were out of order

Work Area

Nice size desk which subpar lighting and 4 outlets for power. The chair was adequate for short spurts on the laptop, but grew uncomfortable over time. Too thinly padded seat cushion.

As mentioned elsewhere, there are SEVERAL new properties within walking distance of this hotel and they will need to step up their game to be competitive. Overall I would give this property an 80/100 and a 75/100 for value

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank YepBeenThere
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Texarkana East, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear YepBeenThere,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the internet connection and the bathroom conditions has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Janice A
Boerne, Texas
Reviewed July 14, 2013

They are updating, so they are trying to compete with the new hotels around them. When we showed up the breakfast area was getting new carpet. Usually we always stay at Holiday Inn and never have issues. First thing I noticed was the halls smelled like cigarette smoke. I had to keep the A/C running to keep the smell out of my room. One of the blankets on the bed smelled like pee. Beds feel like box springs. Bathroom was not very clean. I also expected to get a refrigerator, but didn't.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer J
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Texarkana East, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Jennifer J,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry about the renovation, the bed condition, the hallway condition and the room amenities. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Paris, Illinois, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I booked this place on the fly on an online booking site. When we got there and checked in they had us in a king suite. This room was huge. A king bed and sleeper sofa. The room had a fridge, microwave, wet bar and coffee maker. The place was very clean and what I would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. Breakfast was great, even when the pancake maker ran out they filled it up again (I have stayed at some that just shut it off when it runs out). It was a little tricky getting to the place and there are not really any signs pointing the way (GPS was not much help either). I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My biggest issue with this holiday inn is the cleanliness of the rooms. They seem clean but there is a pungent musty smell in all of the rooms and a general damp feeling to everything especial the beds and towels. There is another hi in Texarkana so I would stay there if you could. It is also in a better location. Close to mall dining etc.

• Stayed June 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Texarkana East, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear KD178918,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I'm very sorry you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of the room. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Texarkana
Best Western Plus Texarkana Inn & Suites
Wyndham Garden Texarkana
Wyndham Garden Texarkana
#2 of 19 in Texarkana
Baymont Inn & Suites Texarkana

Been to Holiday Inn Express Texarkana East? Share your experiences!