“Good place to stay”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Texarkana
Baltimore, Maryland
“Good place to stay”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This is a newer property. Place has a modern feel, rooms were very clean as was .the entire property. Place was quiet and staff friendly. Highly recommend it. Only one recommendation- invest in better quality mattreses.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I stayed there while attending a motorcycle event. The Holiday Inn served as the host hotel. My request for a top floor room was honored. The room was clean and the AC worked very well. Comfortable bed and I slept very well. The continental breakfast was decent and had a variety of breakfast foods to choose from. The hotel is far enough from the interstate that you do hear any freeway noise.
No restaurants or stores very close. The hotel is not totally non smoking. On my floor, while walking down the hallway, the smoke smell was noticable. I also noticed one of the ground ac's was very loud. It didnt keep me awake but if you are a light sleeper it might be an issue.
Otherwise if all your are looking for is a place to get a good night sleep while travelling. You cant go wrong with choosing this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express on our way to Nashville, and found it to be a nice hotel.
They provide a hot breakfast every morning which included bisquits and sausage gravy, muffins, sweet rolls, omlets, etc. It was better than most free breakfasts I have had.
The rooms are large and the bathroom is updated. My only complaint about the hotel is that the beds are VERY firm and the pillows lumpy. So if you like firm beds, then this is the place for you.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank LindanSAT
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Stopped on the way to Louisville from San Antonio. Great staff and new facility. We will stay there again in Texarkana. Price was right at last minute Saturday dinner time. Has full breakfast including gravy and biscuits, bacon, typical precooked omelet, and good choice of coffees.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank AnnArborBarber
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This Holiday Inn Express was not up to par, but it wasn't terrible. The room wasn't very clean. The floors hadn't been thoroughly vaccuumed so we found little "treasures" all around. There was some mildew on the shower curtain. The ice buckets had plastic bags for liners. Our plastic bag was wet on the inside as was the bucket. EW! The front desk gave us a dry one with apologies. The breakfast buffet was good/extensive! My son was disappointed that there was no bacon though. There was only ham that day. My parents had a separate room and were comfortable. I found my bed to be overly firm and didn't sleep well. I am pretty sure the hotel's website said the entire hotel was nonsmoking. We were on the 4th floor and the hallway was smoke-FILLED. When I called the front desk, I was told there were 5 smoking rooms and they are all on the 4th floor.
The hotel does not have a restaurant and the website says there is a Copeland's within walking distance. Bear in mind that walking distance is relative! Most people probably would not want to walk there!
If you are not familiar with the area, you can easily miss the entrance as the signage is hard to see and small. It is right off of the access road for I-30 just west of the Jefferson exit.

Room Tip: The 4th floor has smoking rooms and the hallway was SMOKEY.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, IHGCare at Holiday Inn Express Texarkana East, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Dear Terri J,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am glad that you liked our location. I want to assure you that we work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. Please accept my sincerest apology for falling short of your expectations on this day.

We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We had 2 adults and 2 children in what they called a "double queen" room.

Arrived in room. First thing was an attempt to cool the room down a bit. Noticed a unit by the window as well as a wall thermostat. Looked at both to figure out which was active. The wall unit had no readout, so assumed the unit by the window was the active one. There were a number of setting options, none of which seemed to make the compressor come on. Wandered down to the desk to seek clarification. The desk clerk said she had only been there 3 days and did not know about the settings. She called another worker who came up to the room with me to help. She also could not figure it out. So I asked to be moved, as I did not want to deal with inadequate cooling all night. They moved me right next door, which was convenient, and also turned out to be a much bigger room. Not sure why, but there was much more open floor area in the 2nd room (see pictures).

While the room was called a "double queen", the beds are definitely more the size of a double and not a queen. So I'm not clear on the various room definitions that are available. The beds were not as comfortable as we expected given the website description and the fact this hotel is fairly new. The pillows were marked though in terms of soft/firm.

The room was very clean, everything in its place. ( No fridge/microwave). All expected amenities were in place. Ice and soda/water machine were right outside our door. We were right by the elevator, but no noise issue. Also, we requested the top (4th) floor to avoid ceiling noise. But kept having to remind the kids to not stomp/jump on the floor.

The one thing everyone complained about in the room was the lack of a chair. There was a small bench, which we put the suitcases on. As there was no suitcase stand. There was a simple desk chair at the computer desk. But nothing really to sit on short of us all piling on the beds. Interesting the website definition of the room indicates it contains a "comfy chair". There was no chair in our room....

We did not make use of the shower, so no comment on that.

The pool area was inside. (Saltwater I believe). We used the hot tub which was wonderful. The pool water was freezing, so only the kids braved that. Too cold for me.

Breakfast was as expected from Holiday Inn Express. Toast, bagels, eggs, bacon, biscuits, gravy, bananas, apples, pancake maker, cereal. Orange juice, apple juice, cranberry juice, and coffee/water. It was good and very well tended to. The breakfast area was huge, with a large wall mounted tv. The area was one of the largest I've seen in a hotel. So not having to crowd for breakfast was much appreciated.

Kid used the free wi-fi. No problem there.

I used priority points for this stay, so paid nothing. Looks like the typical cost for this type room is a bit over $100. I would perhaps expect a chair and fridge/micro for that cost.

Room Tip: Request 4th floor to avoid ceiling noise. If you need 2 beds, request the larger of the double queen...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Texarkana East, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Dear linda g,

Thank you for being a Priority Club member and for writing a review. It is nice to hear that after some initial issues with your room, these were soon sorted and this allows you to enjoy your stay with us. I am pleased that you liked your room accommodation and our breakfast selection. I apologize that the bed was not very comfortable and there's no sitting chair in your room. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best Holiday Inn Express around. Please accept our apologies for any shortcomings you may have experienced. Your loyalty and support to the hotel is very important to us and please be assured that you can look forward to our continuous effort to improve our services.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Franklin, Illinois, USA
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stayed at this property in May 2012. As a Priority Club Member, we were upgraded to a suite. The room was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. We did not take advantage of the complimentary breakfast. The only problem is finding access to the hotel; it is difficult to see the entrance.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Texarkana
Best Western Plus Texarkana Inn & Suites
Wyndham Garden Texarkana
Wyndham Garden Texarkana
#2 of 19 in Texarkana
Holiday Inn Express Texarkana

Been to Holiday Inn Express Texarkana East? Share your experiences!