“One of the best” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Stuttgart
GreenLeadersBronze level
“One of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

If I could give 10 stars I would I stay here weekly there is a super 8 across the street and a days inn just 2 buildings over I choose the best western cause of the service and cleanliness the people here go out of their way to help you and the prices are excellent the beds are so nice and the remote in a clean remote bag made me feel good thanks best western duck inn keep up the hard work

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Steffannorthcutt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Stuttgart, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stay quite a bit in different hotels and for this one being in the town that it is in, I have to give the Duck Inn a high five. The staff was very friendly, the room was clean, the service was good and the price was reasonable. I swam in the pool; the water was nice for it being so hot out that day. Breakfast was wonderful.
I will definitely stay here again when I pass back through

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dysart, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

If possible avoid this hotel. An older facility, not very well maintained and the staff was not friendly at all. There were dead bugs and cobwebs in our room. It smelled musty and gave evidence of being closed up for a long period of time. There was a flattened beer twelve pack carton behind our mini fridge. We couldn't adjust the water temperature, either hot or cold no in between. The pool was freezing and there were light fixtures dangling by their cords on the walls near the pool itself.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Jonesboro
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel on numerous occasions and the staff there will go out of their way to insure my stays are pleasant. In comparison to the other hotels in this city, Ducks Inn Best Western has much better accomodations.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Illinois City, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stay here every year with cousins right before our Family Reunion. The staff is always very helpful and polite. Rooms are clean and breakfast is great. It has a hometown feel to it. They always try to fulfill every request we have.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Berryville, Arkansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stay about 50 nights a year in hotels and I seldom see this but this place has a huge problem and I'm pretty sure it's the management. I walk into the room and it is filthy, dust everywhere, sticky stuff on tables, filth in the tub, stains in the bed spread and blanket, etc, etc....... I tell the night manager and he basically tells me that's the way it is in Stuttgart. My wife and I go to the store and but Clorox and cleaning supplies to clean the room. We had the indoor pool to ourselves because it felt like the article circle. The breakfast was only ok but it was the highlight of the stay. I asked 2 desk clerks about late checkout the next day due to my business there and both said I would need to talk the the manager. He shows up about 9 am the next morning and, in his sock feet, he tells me if I'm in my room one minute longer than noon then I will be charged another day even though I had asked to use the room until 3 pm and then go. I hand him my credit card for the extra day and then told him I would be by to check out before leaving. Here's the best part, I go into the office at 3:30 pm to check out and the lady behind the counter, with the sock-footed manager looking on, informs me that she had already checked me out of my room at 2:57 pm. Hahaha....... Best Western would do good to fire the manager or simply take their name back before any more damage is done. I will NEVER go back to this hotel...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Dr Doug H
bwduckinn, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
We are a small motel with outside entrances to our rooms. We are also surrounded by rice fields. This produces excessive dust and we battle it everyday. When a guest checks in and complains about the dust in the room we tell them that we are sorry, that it happens because of where we are located. When these complaints come in my desk clerks offers to go and dust the room or offers another room, and if those attempts are refused, we have no choice but to honor the guests desire to stay in the room that they are in.

Our checkout time is 11:00 a.m. This is posted everywhere and told to guests. We occasionally get requests for late checkouts of an hour or two and we honor those. However when a request for a late checkout of over four hours comes in we cannot honor it. We do not have the business volume to keep around the clock housekeeping staff. And checking out over an hour after check-in time is a request we cannot honor.

We do our best to take care of our guests needs whenever possible and as you can see from many other reviews we are successful to a large degree. If we cannot accommodate a request we do our best to explain why and hope that our explanation is sufficient for the guest to be happy and have a pleasant stay. And finally I want to add that we do take constructive criticism well and make changes to improve ourselves for future guests. Thank you for taking the time to read this and we hope to have folks come and stay with us and see for themselves what kind of motel we are.
Angola, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

What a great find. Traveling by motorcycle across the states we found it best to ask the locals and they all said to stop here for the night. They were right the room was clean the pool was inside and clean cool and refreshing. The staff THANKS MIKE FOR THE COOKIES was awesom. It was even nice enough for us to stop in at on our way home 10 days later.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stuttgart
Days Inn Carlisle
Days Inn Carlisle
#1 of 1 in Carlisle
Days Inn & Suites Stuttgart
Americas Best Value Inn- Stuttgart

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!