“Nice place BUT...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Story
Highway 27 Fishing Village
Reviewed May 24, 2011

My family and I intended on having a nice, quiet weekend! Our accommodations were excellent, and the place was nice even though it stormed and flooded some areas! My problem with this place was the LARGE FAMILY REUNION taking place this past weekend when we were there. I will never book this place again without asking first what other groups have booked. There were teenagers and young children roaming around, screaming, cussing, throwing rocks, some were drinking alcohol/smoking, and not one adult from that party seemed to care or notice. I will never let my children act the way these kids did! I complained, and very little could be or would be done about it! Apprarently, this family comes back year after year! Well, we won't be going back during the month of May EVER!!!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Disgusted00
There are newer reviews for Highway 27 Fishing Village

Reviewed May 15, 2011

Me and my whole family go there every year and every time it is amazing

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank Bradleybrown
Reviewed June 1, 2010

My husband and I along with a friend, son and daughter in law went here for the first time over the Memorial Day weekend. We all agreed that everything was perfect here. The cabin met our needs perfectly. The owner is extremely friendly and helpful. The lake view is beautiful. We would definatley bring a boat next time though. Fishing from the shore is limited and they only have one boat available to rent. We didn't catch much of anything but we really enjoyed our stay here. We will definatly be back!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank jahyde02
Reviewed December 22, 2009

Highway 27 Fishing Village is a great getaway from the everyday rat race. It's a beautiful throwback to the peaceful family lakeside resorts I remember as a kid, which seem to be unfortunately disappearing in favor of the mind-numbing sameness of chain properties which seek to gouge every last penny from your pocket.

This summer we paid our second visit to the Fishing Village, our first having been six summers prior. Owner/operator Ronnie is carrying on the tradition his parents established of an affordable, friendly, clean and comfortable place to fish, swim, hike, boat, explore the beautiful surrounding area, or just relax and take in the tranquility of nature. The cottages all feature shaded porches facing the lake, and are simply but nicely furnished with all the necessities, including stove, fridge, and (new from our first visit!) satellite tv. Talk to Ronnie about all the things that you can do at the resort and in the area, he'll be eager to help.

If you want a great place to relax and recharge the batteries, we highly recommend Highway 27 Fishing Village!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank Romo2004
Reviewed June 19, 2009

Every year since i was a little girl 4 or 5 maybe younger(now im 22) we have went to the hwy 27 fishing villiage.. our family loves this place and i hope to go again soon to take my 2 yr old. its a beautiful place and the people who own it are wonderful!

• Stayed: June 2006
4  Thank knights_1721
Reviewed June 14, 2008

We took our grandson to Lake Oachita. We wanted to dig for crystals, swim and just relax. Highway 27 Fishing Village was the perfect place. They have reasonably priced cabins on the lake. There is a great beach for swimming. The cabins are clean and comfortable. Each cabin has a covered porch and a ramp for wheelchairs or scooters. There is a boat dock and slips are available for rent. There is also a campground, and hiking and biking trails. The owners are very nice and friendly people. We will be returning with more of our family.

6  Thank MyCountryCrafts

Been to Highway 27 Fishing Village? Share your experiences!