“Far from a dump”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Star City
Bedford, Texas
“Far from a dump”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This is the cleanest, nicest independent hotel that I have stayed in for years! I was truly amazed at how clean this hotel is for being 10 years old! I never would have guessed the age. Room and bed is very comfortable and just what I needed after a long day on the road. I would definitely recommend this hotel and I will definitely stay here again when my travels bring me this way.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Wood Dale, Illinois
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. The whole place was very clean, well decorated. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Well worth the money. A good place to stay. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor and it was comfortable
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this establishment last night in the out of the way town of Star City. The room was very clean and comfortable. I didn't use the pool, but it looked very inviting. I had read some unfavorable reviews and hesitated to book here, but was pleasantly surprised and would definitely stay here again when I come to visit relatives.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Millie P
Germantown, Tennessee
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I read the bad review but decided to stay here anyway. It's not bad. It's fairly new and clean. I would stay there again. The only bad thing is the walls are fairly thin and the person staying next to me had their TV on loud until the wee hours. That said I would definitely stay here again. In my opinion it would not be worth driving 25 miles to stay in Monticello AR.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike R
Hollandale, MS
Reviewed June 9, 2011

We have our family reunion every year in Star City. This is the only hotel in town. Here in the south the heat index is 100 + this time of year. When you walk inside from the heat and humidity you want cool air. This place opens the windows at each end of the hall way and turns the ac off. Therefore the hallways outside the rooms are hotter than it is outside. When we entered our room it was 95 degrees in the room. I tried turning the ac on but it would not work. I went to the front desk to report the ac not working. The front desk clerk advised me that they have to turn the breaker on in the office for our air conditioner to work. You know they can turn it off in the middle of the night and you would have to go to the front desk to get them to turn it back on. Just a thought for you to consider. The carpet has not been cleaned in years. The sink drain is stopped up. We had 3 adults and 3 children booked for this room. Housekeeping left us 2 towels 2 wash clothes and 2 hand towels. Guess we will draw straws to see who gets to take a bath. When we pulled the sofa sleeper out for my daughter and grandchild to sleep on, we had to get clean linen from the front desk because what was on there was dirty. It was obvious they had not been changed. There was hair on the sheets of our bed. The refrigerator was turned off. Food crumbs around and under sofa and under bedspread of the bed. We will NEVER stay here again. They keep the breakfast area locked so if you need extra sugar for your coffee in the morning you will have to wait until morning to go down in your pj's to get it. I am waiting to see what they have for breakfast. After seeing the room I am sure I wont be disappointed because my expectations are very low. Just saying. Oh yea I almost forgot. If you bring your computer they have an ethernet cable that is attached to the night stand by the bed. You have 6 inches in which to plug in your computer to work. That was real comfortable, not. Yes if you are wondering we will be moving to another hotel tomorrow.

Room Tip: Go to Monticello, AR or Pine Bluff.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Pine Bluff/Pines Mall
Super 8 Pine Bluff
Super 8 Pine Bluff
#2 of 14 in Pine Bluff

Been to Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Star City? Share your experiences!