“Okay place but rooms are showing some wear.”

Hampton Inn and Suites Springdale
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Springdale
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Have stayed here many times over the years since it opened. The staff are always very nice. Easy parking. Can be noisey if close to the interstate side of the hotel. It is close to several good restaurants. Rates were good this trip so decided to give it another chance. (have used several other hotels in area when they had better rates) The rooms are good but seem to be showing wear. Nice little lobby. Breakfast good.

Room Tip: Room on front away from highway if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn and Suites Springdale

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I have been a Hilton Diamond member for over 15 years and have relied on the quality of a Hampton Inn stay for many years of business travel. This was my first & last & only stay at this property. First, my profile shows that I prefer a high floor AWAY from the elevator and I was given a room directly across the hall from the elevator and ice machine. I went into the room and it stunk like a junior high gym locker room! UGH! The semi-friendly front desk person reassigned me to a room on the 1st floor. This room did not stink, but it faced somewhat towards the freeway. If you are a light sleeper, DO NOT get an exterior room towards the end of the hotel. The road noise will keep you up all night. I decided to stay at the hotel because the Homewood Suites and the nice Hampton Inn in Fayetteville were booked. Besides the road noise, the hotel is showing its age. The bed & towels were nice, but the carpet is getting worn and it just has an older hotel feel to it. I won't be back. My next stay in the area, I'll either be at the Homewood or the VERY quiet and nice Hampton in Fayetteville. Besides, there's not very much to do in Springdale anyway.

Room Tip: The interior rooms are probably quieter.
1  Thank NativeTexans
Rickey S, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Springdale, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I would like to apologize for the odor in your initial room as well as the noise you experienced from I540. I appreciate you letting us know so that we can always improve on our guest experiences. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns!

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your experience with us. We hope you visit us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Best Regards,

Timothy Rosenberger

Reviewed May 20, 2013

First AC didn't work, then they failed to have it checked on the first day, so I lost an evening babysitting the maintenance man, just to be told to move rooms. New room was invested with ants, similar to the pool which they refused to clean the bugs out of.

1  Thank Ed M

Thank you for taking the time to share your disappointment with your stay at our hotel. I would like to apologize again for any frustrations you experienced with our hotel. I would also like to apologize for the lack of urgency you received from our team members. We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. I am sorry that this was not the case when you requested the pool to be cleaned and your AC repaired.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns!

Yours in Hospitality,

Timothy Rosenberger

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was impressed by the quality of my stay over a weekend and the friendliness of the staff. Complimentary breakfast was wonderful too! The decor of the hotel is modern and it is conveniently located near entertainment and sports. I was also impressed with the price of the room and the size. It seemed like an apartment instead of a hotel room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The accomodations, check-in staff, room and breakfast were great....but the problems I had with the check-out and receiving the correct billing/receipt will keep me away from this location. I was never offered any compensation after they wasted three hours of my time and 8 different long distance phone calls.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced at our hotel with the billing errors. I can certainly understand your frustrations with the pre-authorization issues. We have looked into the situation and have fixed the issue. We value you as our guest and I am sorry that you had the issue and the extra time it took to get it corrected.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel. We look forward to having you as our guest, should your travels bring you back to NWA.

Best Regards,

Timothy Rosemberger

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The checkin was smooth and the desk folks were very helpful about directions when needed. The rooms were exceptionally clean and well serviced. Small fitness area, one treadmill and a stationary bike. Second stationary bike did not work but that did not affect us. Overall exceptional hotel to stay at and close to University of Arkansas.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in the middle of the week for 2 nights. As a diamond member I was upgraded to one of their suites, specifically room 117 (pictures attached). The room was large and I was appreciative of the full kitchen and sitting area.

The staff did a great job while I was one site except for one item. No called in and requested a wake up call each night I was there. I use it as a backup to my phone's alarm. Not once did I receive my wakeup call. No harm no foul as my alarm worked perfectly. This was the only reason they didn't receive 5 stars from me.