“5 days with heat & ants”

Hampton Inn and Suites Springdale
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Springdale
Reviewed May 20, 2013

First AC didn't work, then they failed to have it checked on the first day, so I lost an evening babysitting the maintenance man, just to be told to move rooms. New room was invested with ants, similar to the pool which they refused to clean the bugs out of.

1  Thank Ed M
Rickey S, Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Springdale, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your disappointment with your stay at our hotel. I would like to apologize again for any frustrations you experienced with our hotel. I would also like to apologize for the lack of urgency you received from our team members. We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. I am sorry that this was not the case when you requested the pool to be cleaned and your AC repaired.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns!

Yours in Hospitality,

Timothy Rosenberger

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I was impressed by the quality of my stay over a weekend and the friendliness of the staff. Complimentary breakfast was wonderful too! The decor of the hotel is modern and it is conveniently located near entertainment and sports. I was also impressed with the price of the room and the size. It seemed like an apartment instead of a hotel room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2013

The accomodations, check-in staff, room and breakfast were great....but the problems I had with the check-out and receiving the correct billing/receipt will keep me away from this location. I was never offered any compensation after they wasted three hours of my time and 8 different long distance phone calls.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I would like to apologize for the issues you experienced at our hotel with the billing errors. I can certainly understand your frustrations with the pre-authorization issues. We have looked into the situation and have fixed the issue. We value you as our guest and I am sorry that you had the issue and the extra time it took to get it corrected.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our hotel. We look forward to having you as our guest, should your travels bring you back to NWA.

Best Regards,

Timothy Rosemberger

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The checkin was smooth and the desk folks were very helpful about directions when needed. The rooms were exceptionally clean and well serviced. Small fitness area, one treadmill and a stationary bike. Second stationary bike did not work but that did not affect us. Overall exceptional hotel to stay at and close to University of Arkansas.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in the middle of the week for 2 nights. As a diamond member I was upgraded to one of their suites, specifically room 117 (pictures attached). The room was large and I was appreciative of the full kitchen and sitting area.

The staff did a great job while I was one site except for one item. No called in and requested a wake up call each night I was there. I use it as a backup to my phone's alarm. Not once did I receive my wakeup call. No harm no foul as my alarm worked perfectly. This was the only reason they didn't receive 5 stars from me.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

If you have been to a Hampton Inn before, then you know what you can expect here. Incredibly comfortable beds, excellent service, and a hotel breakfast that is better than most. All for a fair price. The only downside to THIS one over other locations I have stayed at is that they have an in-room movie service on the TV that apparently disables the HDMI ports. If you want to bring a video game console or laptop to use the TV as a monitor, you are blocked from doing so. This is highly annoying to me. Other than that, though, I highly recommend this location. Note, however, that the signage on the road is very small and hard to see compared to the other hotels nearby. Combine that with poor signage on the building itself (which is set waaaay back from the road), and hotel is hard to find if you aren't persistent or have a GPS. Look for it directly behind the Marketplace Grill.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We arrived at about 11:30 p.m. The gentleman at the front desk was very kind. He gave us a great rate on a room and was sure good to deal with. The room we were in was noisy as we were near the highway. ( I did request a double queen on the first floor so it was my doing ) Besides that the hotel was very clean, staff great, good breakfast also. I would stay here again, clean hotel and very nice staff.

Room Tip: The back or West end of the hotel is next to a 4 lane highway with truck traffic, try to get a room...