“Great experience for family”

DoubleTree by Hilton Springdale
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Springdale
GreenLeadersGold level
Norfolk, Virginia, United States
“Great experience for family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

Our family of six gathered from three states during Thanksgiving week, and we stayed in the family suite, which has two queen beds and a full-size sofabed, a kitchenette, a spacious living room, and a huge bathroom with whirlpool tub. We could not have been happier with our accomodations. From being greeted at check-in with hot chocolate chip cookies, to the pool/hot tub, to the work out room, to the cocktail hour, to the amazing free breakfast, we really felt like we got a great deal and we really enjoyed ourselves. A couple springs in the sofabed were broken, but that was the only even minor issue with our stay. We've already booked another family suite for when we are back in town for our sister's graduation from the University of Arkansas.

Room Tip: The family suite is spacious!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank McKinzie N
maxmoore15, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springdale, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
We are happy to hear that you chose The DoubleTree Springdale as your landing spot during the holidays, and we appreciate the opportunity to earn your business. Thanks so much for taking the time to give us some feedback and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Max Moore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2012

Had a very large group of people attending my daughter's wedding. Almost everyone attending, including bride, fiancee and bride's parents were coming from other states and we all stayed at the DoubleTree (36 rooms). Worked with their Director of Sales & Marketing and he was very accommodating in making sure all our guests were taken care of. Negatives are not a lot of sound proofing between rooms and our suite faced the heavily traveled Hwy 412 and traffic noise started very early in the morning especially the large trucks.

Room Tip: Ask for room at rear of hotel to avoid highway noise. Also, 4th floor has smoking rooms and non-smo...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
maxmoore15, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springdale, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Thanks so much for the kind review. We certainly enjoyed hosting your group and getting to know all the family members, and we look forward to seeing you on your future visits to Northwest Arkansas. Congratulations!

Max Moore
Collierville, TN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

If you are looking for express checkout, complimentary breakfast and a quiet place to sleep in on Saturday morning this is not the place. I have stayed here several times over the past few years and I have found that they book a lot of youth athletic teams on the weekends and it can get really loud with the running and screaming in the hallways.

Room Tip: Get a room on the east side of the building. The lights on the west side of the building are really...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
maxmoore15, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springdale, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to give us some candid feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize for you not being able to get quality sleep while you were here, I will most certainly review our policies regarding noise with our front desk staff to help with that in the future. While it is true that our breakfast buffet is not complimentary, there are a number of packages that you can book that do include breakfast. I will note in your profile that you would like to stay on the East side of the building during your next visit with us as well.

Columbus, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed here for BBB Rally - 3 nights. Pricey ($179.00/night before taxes,etc.) - but, everything is pricey during BBB. (actually -- you can in Fayetteville for less $ - but we waited too long and this hotel was closest that was available)

Positives: Location - right off freeway and lots of places to eat around. Nice lobby - has a bar. The breakfast was A+ - excellent!!!! Room we were in had both a microwave and small refer. (I believe this is standard at this hotel) Beds were comfy and rooms were clean. (we had two queen beds), free parking & free internet

Negatives: Price (I just hate it when pricing gets jacked up to a 4-5* price when it's so not at that level---I understand supply & demand....but it still stinks) If I'm going to be paying that much I want it to have some extra's (like a robe,4* service, a room safe, and soft toilet paper) Lacked electrical outlets - there were none at the desk area, none available without unplugging behind nightstand. In our electronic world - we had problems finding outlets to plug in our phones, ipads, etc. We had to use the plug in the bathroom - which I never like to do with water around our electronics. Bathroom is VERY small. No way two people could be in at the same time getting dressed.

Service: Room was cleaned and had no problems. Went to desk 2 different times - first time was right after check-in and the girl didn't even look up when I asked her a question and just gave a quick (not very helpful) answer. Ugh! Second time (different day) was a different (more mature) woman who was SUPER friendly and helpful.

Overall - I would stay here again and I would probably even give it a 4* at a normal ($100-$110/night price. I give ratings based on expectations/* level/price -- so, when paying close to $200/night - it's really not worthy of 4* to me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
maxmoore15, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springdale, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We love Bikes, Blues and Bar-b-que, and look forward to meeting all of our guests from out of town. We hope you continue to choose us as your home away from home on all your visits to the area.

Killeen, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

I decided to go see my and son and his family at the last minute. So, I drove all night and got in Springdale around 8am. Since, I hadn't any sleep, I decided to check in to a hotel and refresh.
I was not aware of the football game on that week-end. Arkansas and Alabama were playing.
I went in and the Mature short haired Blond Desk Clerk advise that the hotel was booked, But had rooms "FOR SALE" She had a queen and a double with jacuzzi for two nights. I didn't understand what she meant. She said they're reserved but the people are willing to sale them for $199 A NIGHT, But she would have to call them to see if they would be willing to "SALE" for one night. I refuse based on the inflated price. I still don't understand what the "ROOM FOR SALE" is. But it sounded like ticket scalping.... and I was shocked that this HILTON hotel was practicing this act. I think next time, I'll be sure to check the football schedule before staying here. It's still one of my favorite hotels in the area, just not for $200 a night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
maxmoore15, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springdale, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thanks for taking the time out to give us a review. Like I explained to via email, we were indeed sold out for that weekend, and there were some guests that were unable to cancel due to the cancellation policy in effect. When that happens, we do what we can to accomodate those guests that are wishing to cancel but are unable to. That is why you were told that we did have a few rooms available and that our Front Office Manager simply had to contact those guests with existing reservations to ensure that they still wanted to cancel to free up a room for you. If you would have shopped around you would have seen that our rate was less than most area hotels during that particular weekend. Sorry for the confusion and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Northwest Arkansas.

Ridgeland, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have had several training workshops at this location and each one has been handled with excellent customer service. The facility is great for holding small meetings/workshops. The entire staff bends over backwards to make sure that you have everything needed. They catered a lunch for us and it was great. . .really enjoyed being able to move from the meeting room and eat in the breakfast area. Facility is clean and well run. I could not have asked for a better experience!

Room Tip: I was on the first floor and loved having easy access to everything.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
maxmoore15, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springdale, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review. We enjoyed hosting your group and I will most certainly share your sentiments with our staff. We look forward to seeing you again on your future visits with us!
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel is a great value. Rooms were nice. Hotel was quiet. Gym had some cardio equipment (open 24hrs). Ample parking and easy to get to/find. Even had cookies like a regular Doubletree.
We plan to stey here again on future trips.

Only comment is the breakfast - Not much for the $7 value, and the "stocker" was more concerned about collecting the vouchers than keeping the food stocked. If you don't have a voucher, eat elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
maxmoore15, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springdale, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
We appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback, and we're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again on your visits to Northwest Arkansas.