“Disappointed”

GreenLeadersGold level
Westville, Oklahoma
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Before this past Saturday I would have given an Excellent instead of Terrible. My family has been going to this hotel for over 1 1/2 years and have always had a wonderful experience. The rooms are beautiful and clean, love the hot tub and pool, workout room is nice, friendly and helpful workers, just an all around good place until 7/14/12. My family was in town to celebrate my sons birthday and the service was good until 7/15/12 at breakfast( we had company planning to swim with our kids) so we were going to eat and 2 of the children wanted to go sit with us while we had breakfast and when we handed our breakfast certificates to the worker she started in saying we only had 4 and there were 6 of us and we couldn't eat so we told her they were just going to sit with us but she kept telling us no so we sent the other children back to our room and got our food and sat down to eat. As we were eating the worker was just staring at us making us feel VERY uncomfortable so we decided to take our plates back to our room to eat as we have seen plenty of people take food from there to their room, and we have in the past and had no problems, but as soon as my husband and children walked down the hallway she ran to the front desk and said something then brought me a bill for the food. I have never been so humiliated. I can't believe after paying $80 for 1 night there we get repaid like that. I could understand if we had been taking a bunch of plates of food as if to feed others but we only had our plates. That woman needs to be taught some manners. So unfortunately we will not be going back there unless or until that woman is taken care of. I love going there so I really hope something is done.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
maxmoore15, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springdale, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I see that you enjoyed everything about your stay with us except for your breakfast experience. Perhaps if we had known that you had six people in your room upon checking in, we could have possibly arranged for you to purchase additional breakfast certificates. I'm sorry that you were made to feel uncomfortable, but our staff are trained to give outstanding service to all of our paying guests and to ensure that the buffet is not abused by those without certificates. I also understand that we did not in fact, charge anyone in your party for breakfast. I sincerely apologize for the misunderstanding and thanks for choosing us.

Safe travels,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Mountain Home, Arkansas
Reviewed July 11, 2012

This hotel has everything you need for a business or family trip. Very clean, staff is friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Northwest Arkansas whether for business or family.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springdale, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thanks for the kind words and Congrats on a Championship!! It was fun getting to know the team members and families and we're happy we made you feel at home during your stay. See you next time you're in the area!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I've stayed here close to 10 times over the past several years. Only once did I get poor service and it was incredibly poor. However, the manager got involved and resolved everything to my liking. All my other stays have been very good. Good rooms for a great price. Good location, not far from 540. Best value in town.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springdale, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to give us some feedback, we enjoy hearing from our guests. We're glad we made you feel at home and thanks for choosing us again!

Olympia, Washington
Reviewed July 4, 2012

My husband, my 18yr old son and myself originally planned a "road trip" along historic route 66 from Arkansas to California for 2 weeks many months in advance. The record breaking extreme heat was more than we could manage, however. The Doubletree Club in Springdale, Arkansas was the perfect escape from the stress of heat and prearranged plans across the southwest to California.. Luckily as we canceled our previous RT 66 idea we added and comfortably rested and enjoyed the attentive and courteous staff in this beautifully modern techno- savy newly remodeled hotel. Excellent service and dining with fresh flowers! The breakfast buffet and room service is excellent! The rooms are SUPER clean and comfortable! The front desk staff is friendly, courteous, professional and always attentive. The manager Max is "top notch" and always pays attention to details, extremely personable and professional! We extended our stay here and relaxed and enjoyed the entire vacation with absolutely NO regrets. Excellent customer service representatives for this location and a special thank you for April, Betty, Ethan, Judy, Marilyn and Wayne as well as Andrew, Henri, Ruth and Vikki. We safely relaxed and enjoyed in this wonderful hotel our entire vacation! We will return for a re-start on the Route 66 idea..however,.I am wondering if we will be able to leave. Thanks and see you next year from the Hancock family.

Room Tip: West side rooms are too sunny if it is hot.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springdale, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to write such a kind review. We enjoyed getting to know your family during your stay-over and we appreciate you choosing us. We look forward to seeing you again on your next adventure!

Maumelle, Arkansas
Reviewed June 29, 2012

My hotel stay was excellent! My room was awesome! It had two queen beds separate from the living/kitchen area. The bathroom was large with an amazing shower/tub! There was a large walk-in closet too. The best thing was the staff and their willingness to go the extra mile! I would stay here again if business brings me back to this area!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springdale, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to give us some feedback! I'm happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we made you feel welcomed. Thanks for choosing us and we hope to see you again on your future visits to Northwest Arkansas.

Best,

Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My family and I stayed two nights at the Doubletree Club checking in on Friday night. I had a test to take at the University of Arkansas the next day, so we wanted a place that was near the university but not right next to I 540. We also wanted a hotel that had an indoor pool and a complimentary hot breakfast. The Doubletree met our needs. We booked the bed and breakfast package with two queen beds on the hotel's website. I had requested a room away from the other guests, so I could get a good night sleep for my test in the morning. At a previous hotel, our room was adjoined to another room, and we could hear the guests through the walls. They weren't being loud, but you could hear everything they were saying.

Upon checking in, the front desk person offered us free hot chocolate chip cookies, which were fantastic. When we got to our room, we had some trouble getting the door keys to work. Once we got in, the room was very nice. However, our room was adjoined to another room, and we could hear the other guests talking. They weren't loud, but I didn't want to be disturb. I went downstairs to the front desk and explained the situation and also about the keys. The front desk person moved us to another room and had a hotel employee accompany us to our new room to make sure that the keys would work properly. The hotel employee offered to help us move our things. After a couple of tries with the key, we were able to get in. Although the room had a king size bed instead of two queens, it was quiet.

We had the hot breakfast the next morning. We were given tickets for the breakfast bar when we checked in. If you didn't have a ticket, you were charged $7.50. The breakfast bar included eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, cereal, pastries, toast, instant oatmeal, fresh fruit, two different kinds of juice, coffee, and milk. Pancakes are served only during the weekdays. The breakfast was good. If you decide to eat elsewhere, there is a Sonic on one side of the hotel. Next to the Sonic is a Waffle House. On the other side of the hotel is a Wendy's, and across the street from Wendy's is a McDonald's.

The hotel was near I 540 making it quick and easy to get to the university (about 15 - 20 minutes). That night after dinner, we went swimming. The pool was great. There was also a hot tub (spa) and a sauna. My 1 year old really enjoyed being in the pool and hot tub. The only thing about the hot tub was it seemed someone had dumped detergent in it because there were lots of suds, and you couldn't see the steps to get in and out of it.

Overall, the stay was very good.

Room Tip: Request a room that is not adjoined to another. I believe we had room 225.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springdale, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Thanks so much for choosing us and for taking the time to give us some feedback as well. We enjoy hearing from our guests and we're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. You were probably right about detergent in the spa, and I have rectified that situation already. Please stop by the front desk on your next visit to the property as I would like to meet you.

Best,

Prairie Grove, Arkansas
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We had a suite that had a King and a Queen and two couches. I took my daughter and her 3 friends for a Birthday sleepover. This room was perfect for us. I was close by without intruding on the girls fun. The staff was so friendly and helpful. A special thanks to Andrew. He gave us directions to the pool, checked to make certain there were plenty of fresh towels waiting for us and helped me when I was having trouble with my door key. Please note he was not working the front desk. He saw we needed help and just quit what he was doing to lend a hand. All of the staff seemed to enjoy working there. I plan to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springdale, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will most certainly pass along your kind words to our staff. It is, and always will be our goal to make every guest happy every time. Thanks for taking the time out to give us a great review and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Northwest Arkansas.

Best