“Great value!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Seoul, South Korea
“Great value!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My family and I stayed two nights at the Doubletree Club checking in on Friday night. I had a test to take at the University of Arkansas the next day, so we wanted a place that was near the university but not right next to I 540. We also wanted a hotel that had an indoor pool and a complimentary hot breakfast. The Doubletree met our needs. We booked the bed and breakfast package with two queen beds on the hotel's website. I had requested a room away from the other guests, so I could get a good night sleep for my test in the morning. At a previous hotel, our room was adjoined to another room, and we could hear the guests through the walls. They weren't being loud, but you could hear everything they were saying.

Upon checking in, the front desk person offered us free hot chocolate chip cookies, which were fantastic. When we got to our room, we had some trouble getting the door keys to work. Once we got in, the room was very nice. However, our room was adjoined to another room, and we could hear the other guests talking. They weren't loud, but I didn't want to be disturb. I went downstairs to the front desk and explained the situation and also about the keys. The front desk person moved us to another room and had a hotel employee accompany us to our new room to make sure that the keys would work properly. The hotel employee offered to help us move our things. After a couple of tries with the key, we were able to get in. Although the room had a king size bed instead of two queens, it was quiet.

We had the hot breakfast the next morning. We were given tickets for the breakfast bar when we checked in. If you didn't have a ticket, you were charged $7.50. The breakfast bar included eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, cereal, pastries, toast, instant oatmeal, fresh fruit, two different kinds of juice, coffee, and milk. Pancakes are served only during the weekdays. The breakfast was good. If you decide to eat elsewhere, there is a Sonic on one side of the hotel. Next to the Sonic is a Waffle House. On the other side of the hotel is a Wendy's, and across the street from Wendy's is a McDonald's.

The hotel was near I 540 making it quick and easy to get to the university (about 15 - 20 minutes). That night after dinner, we went swimming. The pool was great. There was also a hot tub (spa) and a sauna. My 1 year old really enjoyed being in the pool and hot tub. The only thing about the hot tub was it seemed someone had dumped detergent in it because there were lots of suds, and you couldn't see the steps to get in and out of it.

Overall, the stay was very good.

Room Tip: Request a room that is not adjoined to another. I believe we had room 225.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springdale, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Thanks so much for choosing us and for taking the time to give us some feedback as well. We enjoy hearing from our guests and we're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. You were probably right about detergent in the spa, and I have rectified that situation already. Please stop by the front desk on your next visit to the property as I would like to meet you.

Max Moore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Prairie Grove, Arkansas
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We had a suite that had a King and a Queen and two couches. I took my daughter and her 3 friends for a Birthday sleepover. This room was perfect for us. I was close by without intruding on the girls fun. The staff was so friendly and helpful. A special thanks to Andrew. He gave us directions to the pool, checked to make certain there were plenty of fresh towels waiting for us and helped me when I was having trouble with my door key. Please note he was not working the front desk. He saw we needed help and just quit what he was doing to lend a hand. All of the staff seemed to enjoy working there. I plan to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springdale, responded to this review, June 27, 2012
I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will most certainly pass along your kind words to our staff. It is, and always will be our goal to make every guest happy every time. Thanks for taking the time out to give us a great review and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Northwest Arkansas.

Best

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 21, 2012

My colleagues had an important meeting with lots of demands. DoubleTree Club was accommodating and flexible. The team had a great stay and loved the bacon at the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springdale, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thanks so much for taking the time to give us some feedback. We enjoyed hosting your group and hope you keep us in mind on your future travels to the area.

Max
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I have used the DoubleTree in Springdale for several in town 'get aways' with my wife, and it is the only place in town I use. Consistently clean rooms, great AC, and friendly people. The new renovations are nice too, and the locations is convenient to 540.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
maxmoore15, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springdale, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, thanks so much for taking the time to write such a kind review! We rely on our guests for feedback and I will most certainly share your sentiments with our staff. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Northwest Arkansas.

Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We were driving through Springdale this weekend and needed a place to stay. It being 11pm and a Holiday weekend we weren't sure if we were going to be able to find a place to stay. This was a GREAT hotel! And SO affordable! Our room was $79 and included a delicious breakfast! The hotel and rooms were really clean and the staff was all really nice and helpful. The beds were really comfortable and the rooms were big. If we find ourselves in Springdale again, we'll definitely stay here!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
maxmoore15, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springdale, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
It's always so great to hear from our guests, we appreciate you taking the time to review us. I will share your comments with our staff and look forward to meeting you on your next visit to Northwest Arkansas.

NE Oklahoma
Reviewed May 25, 2012

First experience staying at a Doubletree. We usually stay at HomeWood suites. The room was fine until we noticed blood on the comforter. Then looked at the dirty pillows on the bed. Pulled the sheets back to find more blood on the sheets. Called the front desk and she quickly gave us another room. It was a lot smaller than our room. After looking at 3 smaller stuffy rooms they finally brought up bedding so we could make the bed ourselves. Nothing for our inconvenience. I guess I should be glad I didn't have to sleep on bloody sheets. Don't expect much if you stay here. Other hotels have upgraded our rooms at the slightest inconvenience. Not here, they let you make your own beds if you want a clean bed to sleep in. The maintenance man was great and very friendly. He made three trips trying to get us all the necessary bedding. How would you rate an experience like this one? Bloody sheets on the bed and you get to make your own bed if you want to sleep in a clean bed--not a good experience.

Room Tip: Good luck getting a clean bed.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Swim_Mom_OK
Thanks so much for taking the time to give us a review of your stay. After personally looking at the bedding myself, I have determined that there was definitely not blood on your sheets, it was simply dark stains from make-up, probably mascara. I'm sorry you had a bad experience, but if you read the numerous positive comments on this site you will see that we do take our guests experiences seriously. I would like to extend an offer for a future stay to prove to that we are better than we showed. Again, thanks for the review.

USA
Reviewed May 18, 2012

Doubletree has made some great updates to it's look making it feel contemporary. The staff always make you feel welcome regardless if it is your first time or one of many!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
maxmoore15, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Springdale, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to give us some feedback. We enjoy hearing from our guests and I can't wait to share your comments with our staff. We are excited about our new look as well, and we look forward to seeing you next time you're in town!