“Without effort” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Springdale
Sacramento, California
“Without effort”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival, the check in clerk was just very blah. No excitement, no smile, just pretty repetitive day for him i guess. The place is a spectacular, but the staff just really drained the positive energy from the place.

The breakfast server was great must say, but after breakfast, I stood in the lobby for about 20 minutes, no one said hello good morning may I help you, as the two ladies stood behind the counter.
My biggest turn off is when employees park their car under the apron all night as she walked past me to get in it. Very tacky that is for guest check in, employee should park in the parking spaces just like guest.

I stay pretty frequently at Holiday Inns, so I'm disappointed when hotels do not help maintain the hotel chains spectacular reputation for service. This hotel has a five star appeal with a two star service....:-(

• Stayed January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank George65802
RogerDavis, General Manager at Holiday Inn Springdale, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your review.

We are sorry that our front desk staff did not “Wow” you during your new years stay but pleased that our food and beverage staff were able to make your stay more pleasant.

We constantly strive for excellence in guest service and recently were named by Holiday Inn as a hotel with one of the highest guest service scores in the nation. Unfortunately, in your case we appear not to have achieved this and I apologize.

I have copied this to all our guest service associates so that they can correct any errors on their part.

Please come back and let us show you the service excellence we are well known for.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Mountain View, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Holiday Inn Springdale in October during a conference that I was attending. Their meeting facilities were good. It is attached to the convention center for Springdale. As we were preparing to leave on Friday the vendors for the regional craft fair were setting up in the convention center.

The rooms had more than adequate space for us. The service was good and their breakfast was okay. At check-in you can spin the wheel to win some type of prize and I won two breakfast coupons. The breakfast was buffet or you could order off the menu.

I remember that I attended a similar conference at the Holiday Inn Springdale years ago in April when the Oklahoma City bombing occurred. This was a much more pleasant stay than that one.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and excited that you loved our “Priority Club” check-in wheel!

Invented by our Guest Service Manager, members can win various prizes including additional Priority Club points, food and beverage credits, complimentary drinks and much more!

We hope you visit with us again soon.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was pleased to win this on Priceline for a recent weekend stay. I had business in Fayetteville, but decided to bid on Springdale since hotel prices are cheaper than Fayetteville. This hotel's location just off I-540 was convenient.

Check-in was a breeze. Priceline was mentioned, but not in a derogatory way. Within 2-3 minutes I was on my way to my room.

The room was spotlessly clean. I could hear noise from the atrium if I was in the bathroom or at the door, but not in the main part of the room. The bathroom, while small, featured a large vanity with a granite countertop. The hairdryer actually had sufficient power! There were plenty of towels available, and they were absorbent (although a couple of them were slightly frayed at the edges).

The room was a good size and had two double beds. The large flat-screen television set worked well. The desk had a good sized work surface, and there were cables available for those who prefer wired Internet connection. The wireless signal strength was excellent. Once I was connected I had no problems whatsoever.

There was an additional sink in an alcove in the room. A nice touch, especially for two or more persons sharing the room.

The bed was wonderful! Very comfortable with plenty of pillows. I liked the fact they had both firm and soft pillows available.

An iron and ironing board were also supplied, along with a single-cup coffee maker. The coffee maker made good coffee-certainly better than usually found in hotel room coffee makers.

I had a room service breakfast my first morning. The breakfast was delivered promptly and as ordered. I was a bit disappointed the hash browns were cold by the time they arrived. On the other hand, the coffee was excellent.

There is an indoor swimming pool and hot tub as well as fitness room available. The hotel is within walking distance to a number of restaurants (I recommend Bleu Monkey just across Sunset for a good locally-owned alternative to the chains).

Expedited checkout (video, telephone, etc.) was not available. However, the checkout was quick and efficient, and I was on my way quickly.

I'm glad I won the Holiday Inn on Priceline and would recommend it to anyone doing business in the Northwest Arkansas corridor.

Room Tip: I was lucky enough to have a room on the east side, away from the Interstate. I had no trouble with...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

We had an excellent stay here after a Razorback game. Staff was most excellent! We had a problem with our room upon check-in. Staff upgraded our room immediately. Would stay here again! The layout is very unique on the interior. Continental breakfast did the job, nothing to write home about there.

• Stayed November 2012
fargo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a conference. The sleeping room was clean and comfortable. The meeting space worked well and the staff helping with set up was knowledgeable. The bar and restaurant were moderately priced and the food was pretty good. I have not spent much time at Holiday Inns lately but this one is worth a look.

1 Thank dan c
Glen Carbon, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I stayed here during a recent conference held in the adjacent conference center (not attached by the way so be prepared to walk outside). The room was clean which is always a starter/non-starter for any hotel. The breakfast buffet was good, and the restaurant has the typical hotel lobby bar food. The location is right off of the interstate and easy on/off. There is pleanty of nearby restaurants, many of which are walkable. Overall, I will stay here again if I get a rate I like.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

We had wonderful stay over bikefest. The staff was very accommodating. The room was fantastic! We had a king suite. It was expensive, however, it was an expensive time to visit. They offered a shuttle service to and from Dickson st. Plenty of parking for our truck and trailer.

• Stayed September 2012