“Ride a Real, Old Train!”

Arkansas & Missouri Railroad
Ranked #4 of 18 things to do in Springdale
NW Arkansas
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Ride a Real, Old Train!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

It is great! Take your whole family on a ride through the beautiful Ozark Mountains from Springdale to Van Buren!!!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank USHis2ryTeacher

Cameron, Oklahoma, United States
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Christmas Fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

I took my son on a special Christmas Train they had running and we loved it! One of the Conductors told us historic facts along the way which my 11 year old loved! They sand Christmas carols and served cookies and hot chocolate. My only complaint is it is a bit pricey. Overall we had a great time though!

1 Thank Amy H
Springdale, Arkansas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun day trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Took the train from Springdale to Van Buren. We opted for the vista dome car which offered great views from the upper deck of the car. About a two hour ride down then three hours in Van Buren. There are a couple of nice places to eat lunch. Brothers for some good home cooking and Sisters is a bit more upscale and has a bar. Spent the rest of the time shopping on the main drag. There are a few nice stores but not enough to fill three hours of layover time. We ended up at the bar waiting for the return trip. Overall a neat experience.

2 Thank HogWild2012
Little Rock
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Relaxing Little Trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

I took the 3 hour Van Buren to Winslow train with my Mom. We purchased the first class tickets which gave us our own two top table and a decent box lunch. It is not a high excitment trip, but I would say worth the time to do it once. The two gentlemen working on our "car" were very nice and they took excellent care of us. We were in car 107, which was beautifully restored. On the way back it is the last car (they switch the engine from front to back) and being the last car, they allowed us to step outside while going over the trestles. I would recommend sitting on the right side of the car going north... much better view. I was going to do the Vista Dome car, but couldn't find pictures of it so just did first class. I did ask to go look at the Vista Dome car and have included pictures. I think it would be nice to do that car if you have four people in your group.

Visited October 2012
5 Thank kwgoes
SHERMAN
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Fall Foliage tour.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Well to begin with, it is a grueling trip. There are some incredible vistas while on the train. The conductor continually baraged us with amplified musings. We had Noah, a 4 1/2 year old who loudly made a train whistle noise at every intersection. There is very little to see in the town where you wait until the train picks you back up… WHEW are we ever glad this is over.

2 Thank rob56664