“Tasty Food - Good Dining Experience”
Review of Pattaya Thai Sushi

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Pattaya Thai Sushi
Ranked #42 of 153 Restaurants in Springdale
Cuisines: Thai
Springdale, Arkansas
“Tasty Food - Good Dining Experience”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I was introduced to Pattaya about 5 years ago by my son. His friend took him there for lunch one day and my son was hooked. So...my I ended up visiting the restaurant with my son and I also found the food really tasty.

This was honestly my first real experience with Thai food, and it was wonderful. I have been back to the restaurant several times and have had everything there from the Tropical Fried Rice (loaded with cashews, pineapple, veggies and your choice of chicken, pork or shrimp), to the green curry, sushi and California rolls (all kinds) and Sticky Rice with Mango for dessert (absolutely delicious rice which has been flavored with coconut milk and sugar). My son and daughter like the Pad Thai and Pad See Ew which are flavorful noodle dishes with meat and vegetables cooked in them.

The service is usually pretty good when I go there for dinner. I did eat there at lunch once and the place was packed with several diners complaining that the service was slow. One diner ended up leaving after waiting for her food for 45 minutes because she had to get back to work. Except for this little lunchtime fiasco, I have never experienced this sort of bad service here. Then again, I have only been there once for lunch, so I don't know if this is normal for lunchtime service.

I'm giving this 5 stars because everytime I eat dinner at this restaurant, the food and the service are always good. Think of comfort food "Thai-style" - very satisfying and delicious in every aspect of the word. And - be sure to save room for dessert and try the Sticky Rice with Mango. It is to die for.

• Visited April 2012

bloomington , mn
“great thai”
Reviewed April 26, 2012

soup was to die for chicken coconut soup the wait was short and the price was right

Visited March 2012
Plainfield, Illinois
“Best Thai food in the Bentonville/Springdale area”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

If you're looking for a fancy Thai restaurant, you'll need to look elsewhere. If you're looking for a clean place with really good Thai food, then this is the place for you.

I spent four weeks in Bentonville in September and December 2011. During that time, my colleagues and I tried several Thai restaurants (at least four) in Bentonville and Springdale. Of all these restaurants we visited, Pattaya Thai Sushi was hands down the best. I ended up going back there solo one more time just to have their sticky rice and custard for dessert after having dinner with my colleagues elsewhere. One of my coworkers and I then returned to have dinner at Pattaya one more night before our contract was over.

When I ate dinner there, I had Pad Thai one night and Pad See Iew on the other visit. I had Thai Iced Tea and sticky rice and custard for dessert both times. The food was great, and so was the service. The restaurant has a flat panel TV over the kitchen area, and each time I was there, they had some kind of sporting event tuned in. They also serve bottled beer.

And you absolutely cannot beat the price. My meal of Pad See Iew, Thai Iced Tea, and Sticky Rice and Custard cost a total of $14.42, including tax. And I stuffed myself eating it all.

Pattaya Thai Sushi has already earned my "will go back" status, because I've been there three times now. And I look forward to my next visit to Northwest Arkansas, because you better believe I'll be enjoying at least one more dinner there. If they would only open up a restaurant here in the southwest suburbs of Chicago, I'd be very happy!

• Visited December 2011