“Stay anywhere but here”

Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Springdale
Lombard, Illinois, United States
“Stay anywhere but here”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

We booked a 5 night stay and only stayed one night. We waited 20 mins for someone to show up at the front desk so we could check in just to find that they didn't actually have the room we reserved. When we got into our room, only 2 of the 5 lights in the room worked, the bathroom had not been cleaned from the people before us, the bath tube was molding, air conditioning did not work and our fridge also had left over food in it. When we called the front desk about the room we were told there was nothing they could do until the housekeeping came in the next day and the lights would not be fixed for another 3 days. When I woke up the next morning I pulled a huge clump of blonde hair out of the bedding. That was the end of that. The girl at the front desk acted as though there couldn't ever be something wrong with any of the rooms and was shocked that we wanted to leave after the first day. We went to bentonville and greatly enjoyed the rest of our stay at a cheaper, nicer hotel. It's been 3 weeks and I still have not been refunded my money either.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Samantha R
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fayetteville - Springdale, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize that your room was dirty and that you had to wait 20 minutes for someone to assist you. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have coached the Guest Service Manage in providing a more timely check-in procedure. I have also met with our housekeeping staff to ensure that we are providing thorough cleaning to each guest room. We strive to provide our guest with an enjoyable experience at our hotel, so I am disappointed to read that our staff was not more attentive during your stay. This issue will definitely be addressed accordingly.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at fsd@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Frisco, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

there wasn't much to choose from; we came up for football game in Fayetteville so there were hardly any rooms. This one we booked and I was concerned with some reviews that said the hotel smelled like trash, but we opted to stay (didn't have much choice). anyway, I am VERY pleased with the customer service. Crystal was amazing! we were running late and she went ahead and checked us in over the phone so we wouldn't lose our room. she was very friendly and helpful that night and the next day. on the floor of our room (3rd) there was a bad smell; and it also came out of the vents. however, it was quiet... which was great. it served its purpose, but was very basic. no juice for breakfast which would have been nice. other than that, a good stay

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fayetteville - Springdale, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff provided you with great customer service during your stay. I have met with my staff and we are working on eliminating the smell. Still, I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay.

Oklahoma, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I stayed here almost 2 months while receiving medical treatments in the area. I always felt safe and comfortable while staying here alone. located just off the interstate, but traffic noise was not an issue. Rooms were neat and clean. Kitchenette was very nice with a regular size refrigerator. Staff was very friendly and answered any questions or needs as soon as addressed. has a laundry facility for guests which was very helpful. It was clean and well kept. Would stay here again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank NannaKC
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fayetteville - Springdale, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about how our hotel was truly a "home away from home" for you. I am happy to read your room was clean, our appliances meet your needs and that our team was hospitable.

Springdale, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

I am a little late in writing this review, but I was very happy with my stay here earlier in the year while waiting for my house to be ready. The kitchen feature was extremely convenient, as eating out can be costly.
It isn't a Hampton, I mean, what do you expect for the price? I loved it. I will return if I ever need accomodations again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are the best!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Jennifer W
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fayetteville - Springdale, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
It is so rewarding to read that you had a wonderful stay with us. Thank you for your comments. It's great to hear that you were happy with your stay and enjoyed the convenience of being able to cook in your room.

Once again, thank you for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.
Olathe, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Motel smelled like garbage. Anyone staying at an extended stay knows that used food stuffs are collected in trash cans at the ends of the hallways. Hence the garbage smell. This time it was real bad. It was a Monday stay so I was surprised by the smell. The entrance doors at both ends were propped open to help, but it did little good. Carpet in my room has stains everywhere and needs to be steam cleaned. Shower fixtures had what looked like mold around it. If you're looking for a cheap room, this is your place. An extra $30-40 and one could stay anywhere else in the Fayetteville area, I would recommend doing just that. I stayed here three years ago, and it wasn't this bad. Good luck.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kyle H

Travelers are raving about these Springdale hotels

fayetteville
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

very disappointed with staff….crystal, stacy and eva all enter rooms while gone, without permission…even if privacy is requested…..hotel smells like garbage 24/7….I moved out as soon as possible and went to Marriot Suites….

Room Tip: go to Marriot Suites
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank mechelle r
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fayetteville - Springdale, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Mechelle - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our staff and the inconvenience caused by our renovation. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that we do not enter a guest's room without proper justification. We value our guests privacy and strive to ensure it is kept at all times.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at fsd@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

I Stayed about one week here and I have a plan to stay one more week . I came to Springdale for work , very good hotel with a good access for me . clean sheet , clean room , comfortable place , they also have breakfast GRAB AND GO from 6 to 9:30 .
free WI-FI is available but it is not fast and you can just check your email and if you need more speed it is $20 per week or $4 per night .
Staff are so nice and helpful .
this place is pet friendly and most of the gusts here for work and business .
if I come back to this city , I will be here again :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fayetteville - Springdale, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a positive review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed a clean, comfortable room during your stay and that our staff was able to assist you with all your needs.