“Good Price, Good Location, Great Get-away”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Springdale
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Springdale
Lubbock, TX
“Good Price, Good Location, Great Get-away”
Reviewed March 16, 2011

We stayed at this property for a few nights while visiting relatives. It is clean, comfortable beds, and inexpensive. The beds are comfortable, and like just about all LaQuinta properties, they allow pets. This was important for this trip, and nice to find a national chain that still allows our four legged friends! Treated my wife and I like royalty every time we encountered a member of the staff. Rooms were clean, and well stocked with amenities.
Over all, a great experience!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank cdiscott

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Flippin, Arkansas
Reviewed October 27, 2010

i stayed here with my 7 year old son. we had reservations and i was pleasantly surprised at the very efficient, fast check inn and out.
The room was very clean, the bed was comfy and we had everything we needed.
The desk clerk was very helpfull and efficient.
They had a nice workout space, indoor heated pool and hot tub.
Decent free breakfast...Cool Razorback shaped waffle irons...

i will be staying here on our next dr.'s visit.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 17, 2010

We were being recruited by Wal-Mart (or at least my wife was) and we were scouting for places to live. Easy access to I-540, great rooms, great service, just a very confortable place to be when wanting to focus on things other than where one is staying. I think that is one of the best things that can be said about a hotel.

Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
Iowa
Reviewed November 12, 2009

Overall the staff was friendly but with the H1 going around, you would think they would clean the pool or close it.The beds were hard as rocks. If you like a hard mattress then this is the hotel for you. The animal thing was just awful. There was someone in the room next to us with little dogs that barked all night long. They did their business right outside the front door of the hotel. We have a dog but we don't take him to hotels.The location is very convenient with restaurants being nearby, Denny's, Waffle House, fast food. We probably will not stay here again because of the hard beds and the noise.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Texas
Reviewed January 9, 2009

We stayed two nights. The room was quite nice. Comfortable beds. However, the maid service was the pits. No vacuuming was done, no toliet tissue was replaced. The sink and tub were not cleaned and still had hair in them. Also breakfast was supposed to be until 10:00 a.m. Went down at 9:45 and everything was cleaned up with nothing available.

Would have rated this hotel above average if not for the maid service.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lake Ozark, MO
Reviewed January 20, 2007

Stayed here for the 3rd time in January of '07 with my wife, on a quick passing-through visit in Springdale. The facility is NOT Baymont Inns & Suites, it's been a LaQuinta for at least 6 months.

Hotel's rooms are nice, comfortable, and clean. There is a nice indoor pool on premises. Continental breakfast is available, front desk was friendly and check-in went smoothly.

Location is good, Waffle House and Denny's are available within walking distance for breakfast. If you bid on a Priceline room for Springdale, there seems to be a very good chance of getting this facility--all three of my visits were the result of Priceline, once at Baymont, a stay at La Quinta this past fall, and of course the most recent one. I'd continue using Priceline or other similar sites for Springdale, as I'm pleased with my past experiences with this hotel.

Stayed January 2007
2 Thank razorback70
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 19, 2004

I stayed here the night of September 17, 2004. Check-in was smooth. I requested a non-smoking, single king bed. The non-smoking request was accommodated, they were unable to get me the single king bed. As I will point out later on, that didn’t matter in the end!

My room was on the third floor, at the end of the hallway. The room was clean and nicely decorated. There were two double beds, a nightstand, a desk, telephone, cable television with Showtime, pay per view movies and video games. Two bottles of water on the nightstand were a nice touch. Lighting was ample and pleasant. The vanity area just inside the door to the room had plenty of counter space, a coffee maker, hair dryer, and a recessed clothes rack (including hooks for belts/ties) with an iron and ironing board. The bathroom, while small, was spotless and nicely decorated.

OK, why did I state the inability to get a king bed was not problematic? The bed was so comfortable, that’s why! I think this had to be the most comfortable bed I’ve ever slept on! The only downside was the beer bottle cap I found on top my bed.

One other downside was the traffic noise from outside. This Baymont is conveniently located off I-540 & U.S. 412 (Sunset Avenue) – a main drag in Springdale. However, this also means you get the noise from trucks going down Sunset Avenue. Perhaps a room on the south side of the hotel would have been quieter. However, very little noise from inside the hotel (other than a barking dog in another room). The hotel seems to be well soundproofed.

The breakfast was pretty much standard fare – nothing special. The breakfast area was clean and agreeably decorated. Other amenities (which I didn’t use) include an exercise room with 3 Stairmasters, and a small pool and hot tub in a “greenhouse” room (the pool and hot tub were down for maintenance, unfortunately). A Denny’s is right next door, and a Waffle House is across the street. Several other restaurants are located within walking distance.

Overall, I had a very pleasant stay. I’ll add this hotel to my Northwest Arkansas hotel inventory, and will gladly stay again!

3 Thank m2violin