“Excellent Home-Country Food”

Cuisines: American
Description: Awesome Homecooking!
Description: Awesome Homecooking!
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The pies are awesome and the fried chicken is to die for. It's an old place with animals hanging on the walls but the food and service are great.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

We ordered catfish to go. One was a childs meal.We get home and the there were to pieces of fish the sie of my thumb. My daughter took it back and the minute she walked back in the cafe SHELLY said in a hateful tone of voice "what's wrong with it". The child's fish was 6.49 a little pricey if you ask me. Shelly said "well that's what you ordered" . Shelly charged us 3.06 for 2 more pieces of fish and another side of brocolli So all together it 9.55 for a child meal. WE had 2 adult fish dinners which were 9.99 on their website and you get in the cafe and it's 10.99 EACH. They act like a bunch of heathens dont care how they treat people and to think I know Don Neal. If the Rudeness and and bad service won't run you off the high prices will. Don you need to take a lesson on how to treat people and get their business back. We won't be back EVER...................................................

1  Thank Glenna H
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My wife and I ate a late lunch here on Saturday. The service was good and the waitress was very helpful, but the food was nothing special. I ordered the baked chicken, which had a bit too much salt on it for me. Below the skin it was very tasty, just too salty on the skin. I also ordered grilled squash, but what arrived didn't look like it had seen a grill at all, maybe steamed instead. My wife ordered the fried chicken and she said it was good. The rolls were good too. The decor is interesting, very 50's ish with chrome chairs and a variety of table tops. Most interesting are the displays on the wall. Lots of mounted heads, some really big antlers and rifles.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We had heard that Neal's has the best fried chicken in the area. My husband and I went there to meet a friend and his little girl for lunch. The restaurant was very homey, with lots of hunting trophies on the walls and plenty of room. The service was very friendly and pretty fast.
Our food was well prepared and good sized portions. Actually, my husband and I shared an entree, which they charged $1.00 to do. They had it noted on the menu, and we didn't mind at all. All the food was homemade and delicious. There were lots of choices that included lots of veggies. They had a great children's menu.
They have homemade pies there, but they were out of the fruit pies. The Cream pies looked very nice.
The prices were very reasonable.
We will go there again.

Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

As good fried chicken as you will ever have!
Try the great mashed potatoes, apple salad(Waldorf ), and onion rings.
Home cooking at its best!