“Memories of my grandfather”

Arkansas Museum of Natural Resources
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Smackover
Texarkana, Texas, United States
106 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Memories of my grandfather”
Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

My family lived in the oil fields of this area and a visit to this museum brought back memories of both my grandfathers. They had told me stories of giant, open air oil storage pits in the '30s and I found photos at the museum of those pits. Grandpas don't fib! The museum is well laid out and very descriptive of the industry.

1 Thank BiggieSauls

29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Awesome for kids of all ages”
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

We have been here numerous times and each time we enjoy it more than before, and the activity section is always changing. They have a great picnic area in which we have taken advantage of numerous times. My wife and myself have as much fun as the kids, which is all upper teens. Fun for all and lots of learning. Cannot bet the price, only a donation.

1 Thank Majie2
El Dorado, Arkansas
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“So real”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

It is so real. My grandfather was in this oil boom. I don't remember any of this so it is really nice to see how it was.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank trailrider100
Bastrop, Louisiana, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“museum trip”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

rather than talk something down i would rather just say it wasn't my cup of tea, however i am sure that someone with interest in this field would be delighted in their findings here.

1 Thank Jim G
Benton, Arkansas
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“A piece of history”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

A very well thought out and beautifulpiece of Arkansas history. A great place for families, kids, and awesome experience for those who go!

2 Thank Meg R