“Love this place!”

Chang's Thai and Asian
Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in Sherwood
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I had never had Thai food before Chang's so I don't really have anything to compare it to, but all I know is that Chang's has me hooked! The Thai Iced Tea is delicious, and everything I have ordered on the menu has been great. The green and red curry are both excellent, as well as the lemongrass soup, and the papaya salad with shrimp. Sorry, I can't remember the Thai names of these dishes. My husband gets the buffet everytime and likes it, but I always order off of the menu. If you have never had Thai mango and sticky rice, you should order it for dessert. It is amazing!

Reviewed July 27, 2011

My son and his friend wanted to go here. They love the place. I can't say that I saw why. From other reviews it appears that maybe ordering from the menu would have been better. The buffet was what they wanted, so I went along. It was the smallest buffet I've seen in years. Not many choices. And nothing really special. My son was particularly fond of the coconut curry chicken. So I tried it. The sauce was tasty, and it was pretty good, but not all that special. Also, it had been pretty picked over on the buffet, and there didn't appear to be any chicken left in it. I had coconut curry cabbage instead. Our waitress was friendly and attentive. We had drinks refilled very promptly. But the buffet was just too small, too few choices, too little laid out. And at $9 each for dinner, I can find many other choices that I prefer. If I ever go back, I'll get something from the menu. But I doubt that I'll bother

Reviewed March 9, 2011

I tried takeout from Chang's Thai and Asian on Saturday evening for the first time. I ordered Por Pia Sod (2 rolls), Tom-Kha (coconut soup), Meing Kham (toasted coconut) and Pla Sam Rod (whole fried fish with fiery sweet sauce). I was asked when I called in how hot and spicy I wanted the dishes between 1 and 10. I chose 6 and after eating these dishes, I probably should have requested 4 or 5. But it was a good hot and spicy. My least favorite was the Por Pia Sod. It was kind of bland compared to the other dishes.

The whole fried fish was excellent. It was one of the best whole fish meals I have ever had. It ranks up there with a whole fried fish that I had at the Pink House in Savannah, Georgia; the whole fried fish at La Luna in Flores, Guatemala; and the mango fish at a Thai restaurant in Kauai, Hawaii. Even some of the rib bones were fried crispy enough to eat. The coconut soup looks soothing and tame until you take a bite and you wonder where the fiery spice came from. The toasted coconut of the Meing Kham was good as a dessert with these dishes, although it is listed on the menu as an appetizer.

The food was very good. The service was slow because they told me it would be 25 minutes for the food to be ready for my takeout, but I had another thirty minute wait after I arrived. There were two others waiting for their takeout orders. The dining room was busy on the Saturday night I ordered. They have a buffet selection if you eat in, although the atmosphere is not that great, but it is clean. It is located in a strip mall. It is a restaurant that I will definitely try again. But I will request 4 or 5 on the heat scale the next time.

1  Thank Razorfish