“Great motel - will stay there again!”

M-Star Hotel Searcy
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Searcy
Little Rock
“Great motel - will stay there again!”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I recently stayed at this motel for an annual scrapbooking event at the fairgrounds, and was very pleased with the accomodations and the service. My room was clean and comfortable, and my call to the front desk at 12:15 am received a quick and friendly response. The property itself is dated, but has been completely renovated, so don't let the old age or low price fool you - this is a great place to stay. The continental breakfast that was offered was good (and different from day to day), but the dining area is quite small. So, if you have a large group, you may want to opt for either taking the food to your room or dine instead at one of the many nearby restaurants. I felt that the area where the motel is located was quite safe. It is pretty close to the Harding University campus and White County Fairgrounds, and is surrounded by a variety of stores, shops and well-known restaurants. There are several other bigger hotels that are scattered along the same road that this motel is located on, but cost nearly twice as much. One tip - the pillows are comfy but small, so I would suggest bringing your own if you're picky about pillows. In summary, I can honestly say that this will be the hotel I stay at for any future events I attend in Searcy - no question about it!

Room Tip: When I made my reservation, I requested a room closer to the lobby - that is where the ice machine i...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Teresa H
MSTARSEARCY, General Manager at M-Star Hotel Searcy, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for reviewing the M-Star Hotel - Searcy! We are thrilled to hear that you were pleased with our accommodations during your stay with us! We strive to provide the best customer service that we possibly can to all our guests and love to hear back from them about their experiences with us. We appreciate you and your business and we are all looking forward to seeing you again during your future trips to the Searcy area. We are ready to welcome you at any time. Please call us at 501-268-3511 if we can be of service to you. Again, thank you for taking a moment to share your comments with us and the fellow travel community.

M-Star Hotel - Searcy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Excellent staff! Rooms small but clean, clean, clean. A little bit off highway but worth the drive. Helped finding good restaurant. Clerk did everything right in assisting us. They do need better lighting in bathroom.

• Stayed September 2012
MSTARSEARCY, General Manager at M-Star Hotel Searcy, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Thank you for your kind words about your stay with us here at the M-Star Hotel - Searcy. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. My staff and I refuse to provide anything other than than excellent customer service to our valued guests. I appreciate the feedback from you regarding the bathroom lighting. We hope that we get the chance to welcome you again soon.
Thank you again for your time.

Littlerock, California
Reviewed August 13, 2012

My visit to Searcy was an unplanned and unexpected trip due to a family emergency. My sister was in critical condition in the local hospital. I had to fly from Los Angeles into Little Rock at an outrageous cost, rent a car another outrageous cost.
Due to the flight I did not arrive into Little Rock until after midnight, I had called Super 8, Best Western, Days Inn, Holiday Inn and the Knights Inn and explained my emergency situation. I would be checking in after 2AM and asked if I would be required to be out by 11AM. All the hotels I contacted were very unhelpful and uncaring about my situation. The Knights Inn was the most unfriendly uncaring and down right rude. Hotel I spoke with. I thought I was going to have to sleep in my car until after 11AM. Then I spoke with Mark at M Star Hotel he told me he could work with me. Words cannot express how thankful I am to him and all the staff at M Star for their kindness. My room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was amazing. I do not believe I would have had a better room at any of the other hotels I contacted.
I stayed at the M Star for 3 nights then my sister was transferred to Little Rock hospital, I am happy to say she is doing much better. She has a long way to recovery but she is going to live.
M Star Hotel is what I would call truly American. If I am ever in the Searcy area again I know where I am going to stay. That would be with my wonderful new friends at the M Star Hotel

Patricia Polcik
Little Rock California

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
MSTARSEARCY, General Manager at M-Star Hotel Searcy, responded to this review, August 19, 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to share your review on TripAdvisor for the M-Star Hotel - Searcy. Your willingness to share your thoughts about your stay is genuinely appreciated. I have shared your comments with my entire team and we are all so happy in knowing that we could be there for you during your time of need. It pleases us to know that we provided you with clean and comfortable accommodations during your time with us. My staff and I take pride in our property and constantly strive to provide the best customer service in the industry. We look forward to welcoming you back at any time and we are very glad to know your sister is doing better. Thank you again for your time.

Stonewall, Louisiana
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Room was far beyond expectations, staff was great. When I called to check on my reservation the gentleman was already expecting me. Dont know if i've stayed at a 3 star hotel that provided the service these folks did or come to think about it a 4. Dont let the price fool you, I believe their under priced to start with. Thanks again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
MSTARSEARCY, General Manager at M-Star Hotel Searcy, responded to this review, July 29, 2012
Thank you for your recent stay with us at the M-Star Hotel - Searcy and for your kind compliments about our staff. One of our #1 goals here at the M-Star is to consistently strive to exceed our guests' expectations. We are happy that you chose to stay with us and we hope to serve you again in the future. If we can be of service, please feel free to contact us at 501-268-3511.

Pocahontas, Arkansas
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Hotel was clean and quiet. When Travelocity messed up our reservations, Mark was right on top of things to help us get them straightened out. Treated us with respect. Will book again with this hotel if we stay overnight in Searcy again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at M-Star Hotel Searcy, responded to this review, July 15, 2012
Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay with us at the M-Star Hotel - Searcy. We appreciate the opportunity to have you as our guest, and are glad that you were happy with your accomodations. I am happy that Mark was able to successfully assist you with the issue you had with your reservations. We pride ourselves in providing the best economy lodging and customer service in the Searcy area. From the entire staff, we hope that you will choose to stay with us if you are in the area again. If we can be of service to you, please feel free to contact us at 501-268-3511.

Warmest Regards,

Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed June 30, 2012

New paint! New beds! New furniture! It was super nice! Plugs right on the wall by the lamps. Fridge and microwave. Loved the stand up shower! Front desk area was pretty, new and clean. Breakfast area was clean and nice! You won't believe it! You have to stay here!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay with us at the M-Star Hotel! We highly value each guests' opinion and we are pleased that you enjoy the accommodations that we offer. My staff and I work hard to ensure each experience at our hotel is a positive one. Thank you again for taking the time to review our property and we hope to see you again in the future! If we can be of service to you in any way, please don't hesitate to contact us at 501-268-3511.

Best,

Wichita
Reviewed June 22, 2012

We were looking for a cheap place to stay in Searcy, and the reviews looked good for M-Star, so we decided to give it a go, even though it was so cheap. We normally stay at Omni's (due to a connection we have for cheap ... $100 rooms), so when we pulled up to the M-Star we were pretty nervous. It's been a long time since we stayed at a "drive-up" motel. Anyway, they blew us away. Everything about the property was extremely clean ... not only the rooms, but the main building, the parking lot, the sidewalks, etc. And, like others have said, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I personally talked to the couple cleaning the rooms for an hour one day, just to express my appreciation for the way they kept up the property. I've never done that before! The rooms were very quiet and dark so sleeping was a dream! We just with we had reasons to go to Searcy more often so we could stay here again!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 135 which was on the end of the building and we loved it. I'm sure any room w...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tim G
, General Manager at M-Star Hotel Searcy, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your honest feedback regarding your experiences at the M-Star Hotel - Searcy. My staff and I are very happy you chose to give us a chance. We appreciate your kind comments about our establishment and we are glad to know how satisfied you are! We all work hard to ensure each guest has an excellent experience during their stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again, should you be in the Searcy area. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review. If we can be of any help to you in the future, please give us a call at 501-268-3511.