“Very pleased with super8 in searcy!!!”
Review of Super 8 Searcy

Super 8 Searcy
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Searcy
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Normally I don't stay at the super8 brand hotel because I prefer "higher quality" when it comes to hotels. But I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised when I checked in at super8 here in searcy,arkansas. The tvs were huge in the rooms, the breakfast was great and the front desk makes it earlier than every other hotel to better accommodate guests like myself who have to be on the road very early. Fridge and microwave in every room and indoor pool and fitness center. Not like your normal super8 hotel and I love it! But, the main reason why I stay here on a regular basis w my company is the excellent customer service that the front desk provides. They are always smiling and friendly, and go out of their way to make sure my stay here is always amazing. There is one front desk representative in particular who is my favorite and I feel as though she needs to be mentioned. Her name is Paige and I'm always delighted to see her! I would snatch her up in a heartbeat to work for me and I've tried but she likes working for super8 too much to go anywhere else. But she has a way of making me feel at home here, which is what I truly need being on the road so much (a home away from home). Whenever i reserve my room here, i always make sure paige is on the schedule that day. All in all, I recommend super8 to all of my friends near searcy, and this hotel has changed my negative opinion of the Wyndham hotels brand forever.

Room Tip: I always get first floor and a room facing my truck. But the beds are always very comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
S8Searcy, General Manager at Super 8 Searcy, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Your review made us smile. We shared it with the staff and their response was "That's what I am talking about" They showed lot's of pride in your review. Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us and other Tripadvisor followers.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Our stay was “Average”. The pillows on the beds are aweful..so bring your own. The breakfast, was “average” as well. Other than that no complaints…the ladies at the front counter were so friendly, and always had a smile on their face. The room was clean, other than finding a bug on the bathroom floor.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you so much for your review. We are changing our pillow to new gel pillow this month. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again someday.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Was not expecting to find such a nice hotel for such a reasonable price. The front staff was friendly and very helpful. The lobby was clean. The beds were comfortable. Breakfast included chopped or scrambled egg whites, sausage, biscuits, waffles, breads, danishes, yogurt, fruit, cereal, coffee, apple juice and orange juice.

The halls smell like cigarette smoke, but there was no smoke smell in the non smoking rooms we reserved. The rooms did have a VERY strong smell of cleaning solution/air freshener. The first day we arrived at breakfast about 10 minutes before it ended and they were completely out of waffle batter, the eggs were rubbery and there was no coffee, so make sure you get to breakfast early.

The room was very clean. It was vacuumed and the bathroom floor was swept (I usually notice if the floors are not swept because I have long hair that gets everywhere!) Tubs were kept clean and free of hair/soap scum. Be aware that the shower curtains are too long and can be a hazard when showering. Rooms were quiet for the most part, hall noise was muffled, but noise from second floor rooms came through the ceilings.

If noise is a problem, get a second floor room away from stairs and elevators.

Room Tip: Get to breakfast early and choose rooms on the top floor away from elevators and stairs to avoid noi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We are proud of our staff and will let them know that you appreciated their efforts in making your stay comfortable.
When traveling through Searcy in the future please remember we have a room for you!

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in late September, 2013 and we had a very good experience. The room was very clean and there were no issues with holey sheets, etc... The hotel staff are all very friendly and they work hard to make your stay a very pleasant one. We have stayed at this hotel 5 or 6 times in the last 18 months and will continue going back whenever we are in town to visit our son who is at Harding.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
S8Searcy, General Manager at Super 8 Searcy, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our property. It gives us immense pleasure to know that we have served you well. We genuinely invest on giving our guests the best value for their money while making their stay a comfortable one to remember, and for you to commend us on that matter is truly rewarding and inspiring. Thank you for your constructive feedback, we certainly hope to be of service to you again soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Zero star. My travel to Searcy was to visit my niece at Harding University; we were looking for a CLEAN and reasonable rate for a room. I should have stuck with my gut and booked at the accommodations on campus! At first sight, the hotel overall appeared clean, only to pull down the bed linens to discover a dead bed bug and holey sheets. I immediately called to the front desk (who was in the middle of a shift change) to make them aware of the issue. They were very apologetic, offered to move us to another room of our choice and assured me that management would be in contact with me to "make it right." Since it was later in the evening and I was traveling with my 70+ year old mother, we were reluctant to change hotels altogether. However, I did accept a room on the other side of the building in hopes that the bugs had not infested the entire building. Unfortunately, the new room, while appeared to be bug-free did have holey sheets once again. When I attended the morning breakfast, the same night clerk asked if the new room was any better, as she hurriedly filled her own plate with breakfast items to take back to her work area, and I reluctantly nodded to prevent further conversation. Needless to say, it has been one week to the day from our stay and I have not heard from anyone from the management of Super 8 Searcy. I will not be returning and I will not recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

We wish to let you know that your voice is of utmost importance to us, and it means a lot to us to know that you have made an effort to inform us of the things we may need to improve to better our services in total. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and pin pointing the deficiencies you found with regards to the unpleasant bugs on beds & hole in sheet. Rest assured that such matters will be evaluated accordingly and be given prompt actions so that it may be corrected in the best possible way. We use Ecolab for our pest control they took that bug found in room for test but we are happy to says was not bed bug for sure 100%. In Addison I have then go to all my hotel and check for any sign for bed bugs but they couldn't find any sign to have bed bugs in room. I have copy of the report from Ecolab pest company for my loyal guest. I was very happy that you are happy with new room plus bug free. Thank you for the opportunity to grow and improve more and we certainly hope to be of service to you again very soon.
Please call me any time if you have any question on 501-268-8988.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is absolutely the cleanest and friendliest hotel we have stayed in! AND the swimming pool was warm!! The beds were comfortable. Climate control worked well. The breakfast was fresh and very tasty. Our time there was wonderful!!

1  Thank Doug S
S8Searcy, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 Searcy, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Doug S.

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! Super 8 Searcy takes great pride in our cleanliness and exceptional customer service. It means so much to our whole establishment to hear that we made your stay pleasant and comfortable. We sincerely appreciate your business and hope we will have you again as our guest in the future.