“Very nice but needs to be clean”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Searcy
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Searcy
Reviewed March 6, 2011

The hotel was a nice one. I found 9 long black hairs in the bathroom tub and 7 on the floor of the bathroom. We always lay sheets back and look before we lay down. We found 4 long black hairs in the sheets. This needs to be improved before i will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
gmsearcy, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Searcy, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2011

Thank you for your candid feedback. Our goal is always to satisfy all of our guests, and I personally appologize for the issues you encountered. I have met with our staff about your concerns to ensure the issue is addressed and corrected in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly, as we alway's want to satisfy each and every one of our guests.

Joe DeLoach

Reviewed February 23, 2011

I recently stayed at the Searcy Microtel for three nights. It was clean and quiet. The breakfast was typical but ok. The "hot" part of the breakfast was the same all three mornings. The rooms were actually better than I expected for the reasonable price. I hope they keep it that way. My only complaint is the pillows! There were six pillows in my room and every one of them was the same...Huge and Hard. The first morning I woke up with a crick and sore neck muscles. I asked for another choice in pillows but it seems they offer no options. I was so desperate to not sleep another night in misery that I had to purchase a pillow. It took a few days to recover from the hurt neck. This is a very decent place to stay-but bring your own pillow!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo

I am glad that you found our hotel an excellent value! We pride ourselves in providing the best value in the Searcy area. I have passed along your comments concerning the pillows and are looking into providing options in the future. Thanks for choosing our hotel and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Best Wishes,
Joe DeLoach

Reviewed February 7, 2011

I've been staying at this hotel since it opened late October 2009. The staff is great and helpful! The just changed their breakfast menu for the better! Strongly recommend you staying here. Each room has an LG flat screen TV. Rooms are great!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
gmsearcy, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Searcy, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2011

It is pleasure to get to know each of our regular guest's, and to make them feel at home each time they stay with us. We have just added hot items to our breakfast bar including eggs, breakfast meats, and homemade waffles, and am glad that you enoy it. Thanks for staying with us a we will see you on your next visit!

Reviewed February 2, 2011

From checkin to checkout, every person we encountered was professional and friendly. Of particular note, every time I went through the lobby it was being swept, even though there was no apparent need. Seems like a pretty new facility, and it's being kept immaculately. The included breakfast was very good. Selection a little more limited than some; but those are at higher priced locations. Selection more than sufficient to provide something for everyone. This is a feature, not a deficiency. If you want same room, less friendly service, a couple extra breakfast selections for more money somewhere else, have at it. This was perfect for our family. Value outstanding. Cost/Value incomparable.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family

Thanks for staying with us! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. My staff works hard to ensure you have a great experience and receive a great value. We have added additional breakfast selections recently and hope you will get a chance to try our new items on your next visit.

Best Wishes!

Reviewed November 15, 2010

It's a pretty new place so everything is pretty functional, clean. Internet which I have to have for work in this paperless age, very good. Very handy but not congested area. Staff very helpfull in giving me directions as well as their review on some of my local interest. Good folks.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
gmsearcy, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Searcy, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2010

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay. It is a pleasure to have guests that stay with us on such a regular basis that we get to know them, and I hope to see you on your next visit. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and a safe trip back home!

Reviewed July 16, 2010

As far as amenities, it is pretty standard as far as hotels go, but the rooms are clean and modern and the beds are comfortable. What really stood out were the people working there. When I first checked in the bed in my room wasn't completely made up, so the girl at the front desk immediately upgraded me to a suite at no extra charge. Each morning when I went to breakfast the staff greeted me and asked if there was anything I needed. Then, on the morning I checked out, my car wouldn't start. The girls working the front desk were willing to take me to my workshop if my car couldn't be started with a jump. One of the young men working there not only helped me get my car started, but he took the time to show me how to do it myself and told me where to go in town to get it checked. Their willingness to go the extra mile was very appreciated and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
gmsearcy, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Searcy, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2010

Thank you so much for your kind words about your experience. I am extremely proud of my staff and am glad to know that they not only met, but exceeded your expectations with their service. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you are in the area.

Best Wishes!

Reviewed July 11, 2010

I am in the military. I attended a funeral for one of our Soldiers up the street from this hotel. I utilized hotels.com to find a cheap hotel, and I figured Microtel would be this cheap motel on the side of the road. It wasn't. From the very get go, the staff knew my name, assisted with an early check in at no extra cost, and found me a single room that was very roomy and more comfortable and elegant than any room I have ever stayed in. The bed was amazingly comfortable, and if you have a surprise guest, there is a makeshift bed right on the window. It's quite amazing. The air conditioning was great, the shower was heaven. They even have a flat screen TV with some sort of digital music stations where you can choose your choice of music to set the tone for your day. Over the course of two days I was on a first name basis with the staff, and they always made sure everything was okay. I wish my barracks room was this nice. I'd come back here in a heartbeat. 5 stars!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank FiresCop

Thanks so much for your kind words. We appreciate the opportunity to have you as our guest, and are glad that you were happy with your accomodations. We pride ourselves in providing the best economy lodging in the area and hope that you will stay with us if you are in the area again.

Best Wishes,