“Without Question, I'd stay Here Again”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Searcy
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Searcy
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Without Question, I'd stay Here Again”
Reviewed February 2, 2011

From checkin to checkout, every person we encountered was professional and friendly. Of particular note, every time I went through the lobby it was being swept, even though there was no apparent need. Seems like a pretty new facility, and it's being kept immaculately. The included breakfast was very good. Selection a little more limited than some; but those are at higher priced locations. Selection more than sufficient to provide something for everyone. This is a feature, not a deficiency. If you want same room, less friendly service, a couple extra breakfast selections for more money somewhere else, have at it. This was perfect for our family. Value outstanding. Cost/Value incomparable.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
gmsearcy, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Searcy, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
Thanks for staying with us! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. My staff works hard to ensure you have a great experience and receive a great value. We have added additional breakfast selections recently and hope you will get a chance to try our new items on your next visit.

Best Wishes!
Joe De Loach

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Waycross
Reviewed November 15, 2010

It's a pretty new place so everything is pretty functional, clean. Internet which I have to have for work in this paperless age, very good. Very handy but not congested area. Staff very helpfull in giving me directions as well as their review on some of my local interest. Good folks.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
gmsearcy, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Searcy, responded to this review, November 18, 2010
Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your stay. It is a pleasure to have guests that stay with us on such a regular basis that we get to know them, and I hope to see you on your next visit. Have a Happy Thanksgiving and a safe trip back home!

Bentonville, Arkansas
Reviewed July 16, 2010

As far as amenities, it is pretty standard as far as hotels go, but the rooms are clean and modern and the beds are comfortable. What really stood out were the people working there. When I first checked in the bed in my room wasn't completely made up, so the girl at the front desk immediately upgraded me to a suite at no extra charge. Each morning when I went to breakfast the staff greeted me and asked if there was anything I needed. Then, on the morning I checked out, my car wouldn't start. The girls working the front desk were willing to take me to my workshop if my car couldn't be started with a jump. One of the young men working there not only helped me get my car started, but he took the time to show me how to do it myself and told me where to go in town to get it checked. Their willingness to go the extra mile was very appreciated and I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
gmsearcy, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Searcy, responded to this review, September 10, 2010
Thank you so much for your kind words about your experience. I am extremely proud of my staff and am glad to know that they not only met, but exceeded your expectations with their service. We look forward to having you stay with us again when you are in the area.

Best Wishes!
Fort Polk, Louisiana
Reviewed July 11, 2010

I am in the military. I attended a funeral for one of our Soldiers up the street from this hotel. I utilized hotels.com to find a cheap hotel, and I figured Microtel would be this cheap motel on the side of the road. It wasn't. From the very get go, the staff knew my name, assisted with an early check in at no extra cost, and found me a single room that was very roomy and more comfortable and elegant than any room I have ever stayed in. The bed was amazingly comfortable, and if you have a surprise guest, there is a makeshift bed right on the window. It's quite amazing. The air conditioning was great, the shower was heaven. They even have a flat screen TV with some sort of digital music stations where you can choose your choice of music to set the tone for your day. Over the course of two days I was on a first name basis with the staff, and they always made sure everything was okay. I wish my barracks room was this nice. I'd come back here in a heartbeat. 5 stars!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank FiresCop
Thanks so much for your kind words. We appreciate the opportunity to have you as our guest, and are glad that you were happy with your accomodations. We pride ourselves in providing the best economy lodging in the area and hope that you will stay with us if you are in the area again.

Missouri
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Searcy hotels and motels tend to be expensive, and many of them are older. Microtel is new and on the edge of town (near Walmart - where else?!). Everything was fine - while not luxurious, it was appropriate for business or leisure travelers. There was an adequate breakfast and a lobby if you want to hang out and watch TV. Free wireless Internet and a single computer in the lobby. If you must have fancy coffee, there's a little kiosk in the nearby parking lot. Lots of fast food and other places to eat close by. Give it a try - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
I appreciate your sharing your recomendation of our new property. We strive to provide the best economy accomodations in the area. I hope you will stay with us again when you return to the area.

Battle Creek, Michigan
Reviewed June 2, 2010

My sisters and I went to Searcy. Ar for family reunion. Whe we arrived (4 of us) checked in with no real problem. First night we had no problems except a very dirty bathroom floor, it looked as though it had not been mopped for quite sometime. It had dirt and hair and bits of paper on it. We left a note asking housekeeper to please mop and vaccum floors, That didn't happen. Next we were locked out of our room even though the hotel had already applied entire amount of stay to our credit card. The manager repeatedly said to us the card had not been charged until we called card company and had them read charge to manager on the phone. The second time we were locked out of room we decided to check out and move to Laquinta Inns. Do Not waste your money on this dump. The lacksadasical, lazy staff will ruin your stay.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your honest feedback, and appologise that your stay was less than satisfactory. I have reviewed your comments with all our staff members to identify the issues you encountered and to prevent those issues from occuring in the future. I hope you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again if you return to the area.