“Yummy food”

Colton's Steakhouse & Grill
Ranked #3 of 100 Restaurants in Searcy
Cuisines: American
Reviewed November 15, 2012

The yeast rolls are a big hit in our family. Our favorite entrees are the chicken fried chicken, steaks, and the loaded chicken. Steaks are served with salad and one side; other entrees come with just one side. We love the baked sweet potato, loaded smashed potatoes, and french fries as sides, but healthy sides, including steamed veggies, are available. The side salads are always fresh and properly chilled.
The onion blossom, cheese fries, and chicken nachos are delicious appetizers that come in huge portions.
The staff could use a bit more training. We were about to follow our hostess to our seat, but she made us wait so she could answer the phone. At times there were several staff members just standing around even though the restaurant was packed. Our appetizer and salad plates were not cleared until long after our entrees arrived. We've encountered similar problems during less busy times, too. The staff doesn't appear rude or uncaring, just not very knowledgeable about proper procedures.
The seating can be a bit cramped and loud is the rule during busy times. It's a good place for noisy celebrations and families with small children. They offer a kid's menu, also.
The decor is a western theme with dead animals on many of the walls - a decorative element I would rather not see in dining rooms.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

On a recent trip from Texas to Missouri we stopped in Searcy for lunch. The food was excellent and we also found that the employees were honest and caring. After eating lunch we continued on to Pocahontas, AR where we stopped for a coke. When starting to pay I realized I didn't have my billfold--this was approximately two hours after leaving Colton's. I called a friend, got the restaurant phone number and talked with the manager. After describing my billfold, he told me itt was on his desk and he would hold it for me to pick up. I was so relieved that all credit cards, money, etc. were all still in my billfold. We enjoyed dining at Colton's very much and would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Great service good steaks. Only draw back, dry county, no alcohol! I had t-bone wife had strip. Both cooked right with good flavor. Home made yeast rolls were hot and tasty. Salad was fresh and crisp. Would eat here again.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

The food was so so, okay for something to eat but not of the caliber of "going to dinner". The server was very friendly but the noise was unbelieveable. The celings are open so the echo is deafning.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Had the "smoked prime rib". The paste that was applied to the edge of the prime rib was so salty it was inedible. The taste was briney. Below average meal.