“A "Gem" in the "Diamond" State”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Searcy
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Searcy
Kilgore, Texas, United States
“A "Gem" in the "Diamond" State”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

All the promises they made about the décor, the staff and the entire experience, were kept. I was pleased that the manager had remembered me from my previous stays. He and the others on staff were all very warm and friendly. I think the desk clerks really make the most memorable impression on me. They extra friendly and were very up to date on what was going on in town. They are like those concierges in a major hotel, full of answers and suggestions. They recommended that we eat at Colton’s restaurant and even offered a name to drop or one of the waitresses. I thought that was pretty cool for small town America.

All the rooms were so nice. We were upgraded to a suite, thanks guys, at no extra charge and it was very nice. The bed was perfect with the 4 pillows ranging from soft to firm all lined up along the retro headboard. I think retro is a pretty good word for the décor. All the furnishings were chic and modern with a real retro feel and look. They were also very comfortable.

The property has a nice outdoor pool area with a really clean hot tub. They provided all the towels you needed right outside the door, no need to walk into your room wet. The carpet was still plush and clean and just perfect with all the earthy colors. The free breakfast was great. The lady who was working the area even went as far as to cook some sausage for us. Flat screen TVs all around, refrigerators and microwaves in the rooms, a business center with 4 computers, a fitness center and all the amenities needed for a good stay, are just some of the conveniences you will find here.

There are plenty of restaurants near the property including Chili’s, IHoP, Rib Crib and various fast food places as well as a Wal-Mart, with gasoline, right across the street.

This is one of the nicest places to stay in town, so they do book up fast especially when an event is happening at the University in town.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I had driven all day from Lexington, KY, so was very tired. My check-in was fast, the hotel was clean and comfortable, and the service was courteous. I'm a fan of Holiday Inn Express, and this one night in Searcy, AR is a perfect example of the reason why. I slept well - no noisy neighbors, humming AC - just peace and quiet. I also really enjoyed the nearby McAllister's Deli - delicious sandwiches!!!

Room Tip: I usually ask the clerk what room he/she would want to stay in...so perhaps I'm getting the best...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Alameda, California
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn this past November for 3 days. My room was clean and comfortable. The hotel seemed very new/modern. I appreciated the amenities in the room, such as the small fridge, microwave, and free coffee. The bed and pillows felt comfortable (which is saying a lot; I've been in similarly priced rooms where I thought I was sleeping on rocks). The exercise room was small, but equipped with elliptical machines and big screen TVs. The staff was very helpful and friendly. If you need/want to visit a grocery store, Walmart is close by. A decent deli is within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
West Plains, Missouri
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel was very nice and the rooms were exceptionally clean. A king room cost more than what I have paid at other HIE but possibly worth it. I should have called to check rates but just walked in instead. When the clerk asked what I thought of the rate I did say that most HIE rooms I had in the past were closer to $100, He said the Hampton was their only real competition and since it was 27 years old they felt justified in charging more. The family was tired and I didn't feel like running around town so we took it and didn't regret it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed here due to power outage. Nice beds/pillows. Accommodating staff. Only draw back the hot water took a long to prime (3rd floor) and the pressure was 2 on a scale of 1-10. Still, we had a warm room and power so we were thankful.

Room Tip: Just because it's a non-smoking room doesn't mean it's a non-smoking floor. Inquire firs...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
NC
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Great place for a couple nights stay while visiting some friends in town. Very modern, Clean and comfortable. Would recommend this hotel. Not an over and above experience, but have had worse at Holiday Inn's else where.

Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Humble, Texas
Reviewed November 8, 2012

My stay here was wonderful, as always. The consistency of the staff creates a familiarity that is refreshing to a weary traveler. Entering late at night and being greeted by the same smiling face as last month is a comfort. Cool sheets, soft pillow and I sleep soundly and wakeup refeshed for the day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business