“Don't let the building scare you off”
Review of Cotham's Mercantile - CLOSED

Cotham's Mercantile
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My first impulse was to turn around and walk out. It's not pretty.

The service is quick, everyone is polite and friendly. My husband and I split a hubcap burger, which was cooked perfectly. It is more than enough food you will need for the entire day! My 10 year old had the Lug Nut Burger and the 13 year old had the Hamburger Steak Lunch. Everyone left happy and full.

1  Thank ChristmasInJuly

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Cotham's has been around, I believe since 1912 and started out as a general store. I don't think paint has been applied since then, and not much dusting has gone on either. But the food is absolutely delicious! In fact, I went with some friends and had the catifsh and fried tomatoes. It was so good I went back the next day with my husband! And had the same thing! It is like stepping back in time when you enter this little hole in the wall. Let me warn you, if you get there after 12 it will be packed. If you want good southern food and you can overlook a slightly sticky floor, this is the place!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Several years ago we saw Cotham's featured on The Travel Channel and have wanted to go there ever since. We finally made the seven hour drive to get our Hub Cap Burger and it was worth the trip. A short drive from Little Rock the place is a trip back in time to the little Mom and Pop Mercantile Stores of rural America. Be sure to try the onion rings and fried green tomatoes they are both out of this world homemade good. It was obvious the Hub Cap Burger was made fresh, not frozen. It was more than enough for the two of us to share. Be sure to save room for the Mississippi Mud (1/2 size filled the bowl) a chocolate lovers dream. Although we can cross this one off our 'bucket list' I hope to make it through Scott, AR again.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

From it's appearance you might not think to stop here but you'd be making a mistake. The staff was very friendly and the food was very good. After seeing this place on Man v. Food, I had to check it out. Talk about a trip back in time. Lots of interesting things to see inside...don't miss Hitler's Mustache. ha ha ha Tried the Hubcap Burger and it was really good and quite large. On the show they said you could get it with 1,2,3 or even 4 patties which I can't even imagine but didn't see this option on the menu. I didn't ask about it as I figured the one patty would be enough and I was right. The onion rings were good but a little heavy on the batter for my tastes. The desserts the other diners were having looked awesome but I was too full to try them.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

This place is a real dive. I mean, it is a run down unpainted restaurant out in a swamp. And it's great. They are famous for their hubcap hamburgs but for me it's all about the fried catfish and fried green tomatoes. Food is greasy but it's the REAL southern food--don't let the looks of the place scare you. It always has a crowd. Only thing missing here is the wash machine on the porch. I go here every time I am in Arkansas. A few miles out of Little Rock. View is great if you can see out of the plastic windows and crooked shades. But somehow it all works!