“Delightful delices”
Review of Aux Delices

Aux Delices
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are a small bistro, real ale and wine bar offering the freshest food cooked with care and consistency. Our style is uncomplicated and the ingredients recognizable. We have an extensive wine list and a range of hand pulled ales and draught imported lagers. Join us just for a drink or evening meal.
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Wonderful choice of starters and mains. At last I've found a restaurant that knows how to dress a crab, You must try it. All meals prepared to your choice with both steaks and venison prepared and served perfectly. Good portions too. Good attentive staff and service. The chef even comes to ask how you liked it and invited criticisms good or bad. Really good value and an enjoyable evening in an unexpected venue. superb.

1  Thank Grizz372387
There are newer reviews for Aux Delices

Reviewed August 17, 2014

I am a regular to Aux Delices and everything is always consistently superb, I always free like I have had a great night out and been spoilt by the delicious food and excellent service. The menu is always being changed and they are adventurous in their choices.
My husband and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary last night and they accommodated us at the last minute as we had to wait for the baby sitter to confirm.
Every table was full and there was a great atmosphere, my husband said he had had the best meal he has had in years in the seafood casserole, high praise indeed!
The very talented chef/owner came out and chatted to us as he always does, I love this personal touch. My husband left his phone at the restaurant and Carole the lovely owner went out of her way to get it back to us straight away.
I cannot recommend this fantastic restaurant highly enough, we are so lucky to have it right on our doorstep!

Reviewed August 15, 2014

We visited last night while staying in the area for the weekend to celebrate our wedding anniversary. I'd booked based on Trip Advisor reviews and we certainly weren't disappointed. The restaurant is lovely, great ambience and really cosy with candles and tea lights. The menu has lots of choice and there were also specials available. We were offered the fixed price menu as well as a la carte even though our table booking was for 8pm. We had white onion soup and the special prawn and chorizo bake for starter, then venison and seafood casserole. For dessert we had creme brûlée and lemon cheesecake. All washed down with a very nice and reasonably priced bottle of wine. Everything was delicious and we couldn't fault the food or the service. The chef came out to ask if we'd enjoyed our meal which we thought was a really nice touch. Highly recommended.

Reviewed August 7, 2014

We have been here a few times and the last time was last week. We weren't disappointed - the food, wine and service was superb. It had a wonderful intimate atmosphere and the food is second to none. You must go!

1  Thank Jazzy057
Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Just had a 3 course meal here with my partner and loved every second of it!
We were greeted by staff who were just attentive enough to be friendly without being overbearing.
The menu was very difficult to choose from since everything sounded so good!
Between my partner and I we had a good selection of seafood, meat, vegetables and potatoes. We made sure to try bits of each others meals and both enjoyed every bite.
Despite being absolutely stuffed we managed to make room for dessert which was equally as delicious as the starters and mains.
To top it all off, we were pleasantly surprised at how reasonable our bill was.
Overall, not a single bad word to say about the entire experience. Would happily go back again tomorrow!