“Memorable stay here”

Bamboo Garden Bar and Lodging
Ranked #1 of 2 San Isidro B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 21, 2013

It was my first time to be in Siargao, and I am glad that I chose to stay at Bamboo Garden. The quietness there just satisfied me. Tom and Liz are very nice and helpful. Tom offered a round transfer from and to airport with his cute truck. I stayed there for 4 nights, and every meals was cooked by Liz. She is amazing at cook. I tried fried rice, burger and pizza. All were yummy. Especially the pizza, you must try if you'll stay there. They helped me to find a local guide, Raul, to instruct me surfing and to organize cave exploration and island touring. Just before the resort, there is a nice sand beach with good wave. In June, the wave was superb for beginner like me to learn surfing. The satellite-based wifi is available everywhere there. The speed was quite good. On the opposite side of the road, a convenience store and a coffee shop is now under construction. It seems to be even more attractive there. I will definitely stay in Bamboo Garden again. See you, Tom and Liz.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank JasonChao
There are newer reviews for Bamboo Garden Bar and Lodging

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We'we stayed in Bamboo Garden for 2 weeks, and for sure we would stay longer if we wouldn't book a flight. Bamboo garden have just 3 cottages, so it certainly feels like you would come home. You have a futher Tom there, who can always offer you a cold beer, or special cocktail for girls. If you ask really nicely he can even sing for you :) His wife (just merried) Liez is more then mother to you. If you get sick, you'll fell better in a second with her help :) She will orgineze any trip you like. You MUST try her cookies!! And sunday dinner...mmmm... They can arrange a motorbike if you need one, to explore the island.
Tom and Liez have two assistant, i forgot there name, but they are both more then nice!!

You have a quiet surf spot just at the balcony of your cottage:) It's prfect.

The houses are located at the end of the small village, so road that goes further is peaceful, perfect for jogging in the morning.

What you need to do, just contact Tom and he'll pick you up in Dapa.

http://go2siargao.blogspot.com/p/bamboo-garden.html - That's us on the photo below.

Have fun, and say hi to everyboady there for us:)

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Pooloona
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I've been several times in Siargao, which is one of my favorite place in the Philippines, but I always stayed around General Luna. This time I decided to stay visit the northern part of the island. Bamboo Garden is really a lovely place. Tom and and Liz were very friendly and helpfull. Cold beer, great food, especially the kilinaw that Liz cooked with the fish we bought in the market and Tom's rast pork and potatoes, just delicious. Definitly a place to visit, the beaches here are much more beautiful than in the south part of Siargao, not much tourists, perfect to relax!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Gregman S
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 7 nights in April and had a great time. It was by far the best week of our holiday and that's down to the great peaceful location, lovely bungalow and Liz and Tom.

Liz and Tom were really accommodating, organised trips for us and showed us where to visit while we were on the island.

I would recommend hiring out a bike - it was a great way to see the island and the sights. It took us about an hour and a half to drive to GL which is definitely worth a visit but we were pleased to get back to the relaxing surroundings at Bamboo Garden after our night down there!

Our bungalow was a really good size, very cute and it was very clean! Liz's food was AMAZING too - I definitely put on some weight during that last week!

Bamboo Garden is well priced and a lovely place to stay. I would certainly stay again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lauren S
Reviewed March 26, 2013

After a busy 12 mnths of work i was looking for somewhere to chill out and somewhere where i had surf on my doorstep. I chose Pacifico, Siargao in the philippines as it still relatively untouched by tourism and faces the Pacific Ocean. Bamboo Garden is not in the main surfing strip of Cloud 9 (well known surf break) but further up the coast at Pacifico. Hosts, tom and liz picked me up from the airport and then took care of everything. Their cottages are simple, budget priced and the surf is a step away from your room.

I struck gold when i found Bamboo Garden, the other guests were fantastic, Tom has incredibly cold beer..yeah!, and Liz is a wonderful cook. Tom also does a full English style roast each Sunday.
I spent nearly 2 wks at bamboo garden and i didnt want to leave. I simply cannot thank Tom and Liz enough for their hospitality. i was made to feel like one of the family.

I have spent 25 years travelking in the Philippines and this area is perhaps one of the last untouched Beautiful areas. The simplicity of Tom and Liz's place made my stay an abso
Ute joy. I can't wait to return . Why pay for relaxation cds when you can be lulled to sleep by the crashing waves at Bamboo Garden

Room Tip: Ask for the" love shack" for a true Pacific Ocean experience. Closest cottge to the beach.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Roy P
bamboogardenpacifico, Owner at Bamboo Garden Bar and Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

We would like to thank all of our guests for their kind words and support and look forward to seeing you again here at Bamboo Garden in the future !

Reviewed March 23, 2013

have just spent a relaxing week with my husband at bamboo gardens.Tom and Liz made us feel so welcomed, a really lovely couple. Liz makes the best pizzas and we had the tradional Sunday roast, was really good. The location is right on the beach and the banana lounges under the shaded platform overlooking the beach was a great place to laze about and to enjoy the lovely sea breeze. We also had fresh fish cooked on the open fire beach barbeque. I would highly recommend this place and I would return.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank marion p
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I Love this place. It is so relaxed, laid back, good vibes and friendly people. It kind of feels like you are staying with some friends you met on your travels and not in a inn. If I ever return to Philippines I'll definitely come back to Bamboo :)!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Patrick's on the Beach
#9 of 41 in Siargao Island
Sailfishbay Surf and Big Game Fishing Lodge
White Sands Paradise Beach Resort
White Sands Paradise Beach Resor...
#13 of 41 in Siargao Island
Viento Del Mar
Viento Del Mar
#4 of 14 in General Luna
Bravo Beach Resort
Bravo Beach Resort
#1 of 23 in General Luna

Been to Bamboo Garden Bar and Lodging? Share your experiences!