“Best Part of Siargao Island”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in San Isidro
Bamboo Garden Bar and Lodging
Ranked #1 of 2 San Isidro B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I've been to the island 3 times before ,but never ventured to North shore. This last time I made the trip and it really changed my impressions about the island. For those looking for a more off the beaten track, North shore area provides a more undisturbed environment.
We can hope that with the new highway connecting this area the local ambiance can integrate with tourism without destroying the beauty. Low impact resorts , ecological and educational adventures are key to preservation of the local beauty that is now there. Land and ocean exploitation that is not supervised by a green minded local government does not a healthy community make.
Tom and Liz live a low impact approach; (3 cabins for rent) which are environmentally friendly(all bamboo and nipa) . Its clean ,and not financially exploiting. The personal hospitality and service is unbeatable. I hope for more of the same in this area to keep in sync, balance, synergy, and harmony with the local life and culture and natural environment. We are hoping that with Liz's help Tom will be speaking Visayan/Siargaonon soon ;)

Room Tip: Get the love shack right next to the ocean!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CAKlarsfeld

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Have a beer or two with the owner. He is a grest dialog partner and fun to talk with.
We were just camping next door so i cant tell you anything about the cabins. The beer is for sure the coldest on the island what is for sure hard to find in the philippines. The temperatures are so high even at night.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Der_Abenteurer
Reviewed April 25, 2012

My friends and I came across Bamboo Garden while looking for somewhere to camp. We didn't end up renting a cottage here and camped next door, however we spent the whole evening and next morning with Tom and Liz playing billiards and chatting. They are a splendid couple. Tom and Liz are really down to earth, honest people and meeting them and really added to the quality of my trip to the Philippines. I hope to return to the Philippines and when i do, i will definitely be staying here. You hear only the sounds of the wind and the ocean at night. 100% peaceful.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Alexandra K
Reviewed January 19, 2012

We stayed at Bamboo Garden for 4 nights in January. Tom and Liz were fantastic hosts and it felt that we'd come to visit friends instead of just being at a hotel. Apart from all the other great reviews it was the enticement of being close to the water and the full English Breakfasts that persuaded us to stay here.

The resort has a few traditional style Nipa cottages and the theme is carried throughout the bar/restaurant and garden area. It's true about the sound of waves which help you sleep at night - and the waves here are fantastic! Pacifico, where the resort is located, is also famous for its surf break and alot of people describe the surf here as some of the best on the island.

We found that Bamboo garden was the perfect place to explore the whole island. As we're not surfers we took the opportunity to rent motorbikes and explore. Tom and Liz will happily help you organise any bike hire and can advise you on all the best areas to visit.

The beach at bamboo garden has a large stretch lovely soft sand which is about 1km across and then at the waters edge this changes to rocky reef shelf, hence the great surf. The rock pools are lovely to explore to find all sorts of marine life and the beach walks are enjoyble as if you turn left out of Bamboo garden there are some lovely cliff edges to explore about 0.5km away.

Pacifico is ideally located around the middle area of the east coast. Cloud nine & GL are around a 50 min motorbike ride (all journeys much shorter by car/jeep), Dapa is 40 min, Pilar 15 min, Burgos 10 min.

Overall we had a fantastic stay and will definately return next year!

Room Tip: All rooms are a mere stones throw away from the beach and all have views of the sea from their veran...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank czaral
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Tom and Liz are gracious hosts at one of Siargao's newest retreats, Bamboo Garden. I say retreat rather than resort because you feel relaxed in the simplicity of the native environment. Secure cottages with private comfort rooms and few distractions. There is a TV and billiards table in the restaurant/bar but, mostly what you will hear are the sounds of birds, insects, and waves. Speaking of waves, I'm not a surfer so when I see the waves swelling a few hundred meters from shore over a shallow reef I think of body boarding. Nearby are plenty of famous surfing spots, Or rent a motorbike and tour the island. The menu is delicious, served hot and fresh to order and the beer is cold. Mostly, what you will find here is peace.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ndzobo
Reviewed November 25, 2011

We were looking in the Philippines for the paradise and we found there. Tom and Lizz amaizing thank you so much for this place.
Just a couple of Nipa Huts in an idyllic environment. I thought that was not more these kind of places in the Phillipines, just the calm, the waves, the smiles of Tom and Lizz and their staff. The food of Tom ummmmm great, the cold bear, the cocconut.
I forget for a week my work my worries I sleep like a baby no noise. These place is like 20 years ago a non spoiled nature, relax. We were so happy there; our mistake was not to stay longer.
Do not expect luxury or TV in your room, you do not need there just see the wild sea and the stars.

It is located after Pacifico where there is a great beach. The waves after the reef are huge, it is a hard place for surfing but if you manged your board take a ride there.

It was the best of my holidays in Philippines and I will never forget your present for the ferry but this is our secret.

• Stayed: November 2011
1  Thank MStravelle
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I came to the Bamboo Garden to stay for a week or so while I was looking for property. I ended up staying for 21 days and Tom and Lizzie were such Good folks I am now their neighbor in pacifico. In fact their next door neighbor now.
From the moment I pulled thru the Gate, The stressful world that I live in in America fell right off my shoulders. In a weird way I felt at home on the other side of the globe. Then when I got a cold beer in my hand hell I thought i had died and gone to heaven ! The first night sunset and first morning sunrise was not quite as good as the first kiss I got from a girl but by God it was close. The sound of the waves has got to be one of the finest things in life and from the bamboo garden you can always hear them.
The accomidations were perfect, and had everything I needed. The food was good, but the english breakfast was great. and lizze cooks some good traditional food also. I became very fast friends with Tom and Lizzie, so much so that I bought the property next door and my wife and I will be moving there next year. so not to brag but there will be 2 nice places in pacifico.
If you want the craziness of General Lunacy it is not a far trip from the Bamboo Garden. and up the road away in burgos their is a great lil fish market, and even farther up the road you need to visit tak tak Falls.
If you want peace of mind and relaxtation and some good surf breaks and some cold beer and some good food and some good company and a good time. Give Tom and Lizzie a ring and you will be glad you did.
And If they tell ya stories of a big loud American.....pay no attention...except to the good parts. who would thought and englishman and American would get along so well? See dreams do come true

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
5  Thank Redneckbubba
Also consider these accommodations in or near San Isidro
Reef Beach Resort
Reef Beach Resort
#2 of 6 in General Luna
White Sands Paradise Beach Resort
White Sands Paradise Beach Resor...
#14 of 42 in Siargao Island
#11 of 42 in Siargao Island
Viento Del Mar
Viento Del Mar
#4 of 15 in General Luna

Been to Bamboo Garden Bar and Lodging? Share your experiences!