All reviews hot springs free onsen bus terminal shopping mall twin room jacuzzi bathing spa exit toilet winter yen station jr
Selected filters
Reviewed March 1, 2019 via mobile

On our ten day stay, travelling through five different hotels, this WBF had the best onsen. Really enjoyable, jacuzzi onsen, outdoor onsen with TV entertainment, personal tub onsen. We were only here two nights; but it was great. Loved it.

This hotel wasn’t attached to the JR Asahikawa. You’ll need to walk outside in the heavy snow. Go to the East exit from the JR. Even though the hotel is on your left, turn RIGHT and cross at the traffic light. Go to the hotel through the back parking lot. There’s a small pedestrian opening there. This is the shortest walking route. We made the mistake in turning left at the East exit which made for a long walk with our luggage. So turning right takes 5 minutes, turning left will take more than 10 minutes.

We had two rooms with an adjoining door for our family. I think this is better than a family room cause we had two bathrooms for the four of us. I hate waiting.

The only problem we encountered was the heating system. It was too warm for our personal preference and air conditioning was not an option during the winter months we were told. But the staff quickly accommodated us; sent someone to open our two windows. These are safety windows which open like two inches. While we slept it became too cold, breathing out visible condensation streams. So leave on the heat with the windows opened I suggest!

We took the snowbus to Kamui Links from this hotel. The bus will pick up from this location and after the skiing, WBF was the first drop off point. Something to consider.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
grande-asahikawa01, 支配人 at Hotel WBF Grande Asahikawa, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2019

Dear Mr/Ms.MapleLeafGirl123
Thank you very much for staying with us.
First of all, we are very sorry for the inconvenienced due to the temperature adjustment of the air conditioner.
We are pleased that you enjoyed the Onsen
We look forward to serving you again.
Thank you for your comments.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 19, 2018

Stayed 2 nights at a small double room. At first I thought 22,000+ yen per night without breakfast is a bit overpriced. However, the hotel exceeds my expectation almost in every aspect.

The room is small but the space is well utilized and everything in the room is properly arranged. The room and toilet are clean and bright. Pillows and the bed are comfortable. The staff at the reception are friendly and helpful. One night I asked at the reception for one more pillow and very soon after I return to my room the staff at the reception personally brought the pillow to my room.

Location is excellent : I just need to cross the road to reach JR station and Aeon Mall. The onsen facility is amazing. Huge indoor and outdoor onsens are at your choice. The few jacuzzi baths are must-try. It's so relaxed to lie down and enjoy the massage. Would definitely stay at this hotel if I visit Asahikawa again.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jkoon115
WBFグランデ旭川, 支配人 at Hotel WBF Grande Asahikawa, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2018

Dear JKoon

Thank you very much for staying with us.
We are very happy to hear that your comment.
We look forward to serving you again.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

I love WBF Asahikawa. The location is great, with food and shopping easily accessible. And the room is comfortable and homely. The size is decent as well. Truly a good place to rest. I would definitelu stay here again!

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2018

The spa/hot springs bathing takes away stress and is very relaxing. The room is clean and well equipped, including a wonderful heated toilet that keeps you clean after you have finished doing your business. Excellent!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
WBFグランデ旭川, 支配人 at Hotel WBF Grande Asahikawa, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2018

Dear Mike C

Thank you very much for staying with us.
We are plesaed that you could relax in the hotel.
We are looking forward to see you again.

Regards,

Reviewed February 26, 2018

Convenient to the super-convenient new JR Station & bus terminal. We settled on this hotel when we had to change our travel dates at the last minute & couldn't get our preferred larger room at the in-town Dormy. What a find! The staff go out of their to make you feel at home, there's free coffee 4pm - 9pm, an amazingly Huge onsen facility, wonderful breakfast spread and a "casual / homey" ambience when guests are allowed to walk around in their provided yukatas(light cotton kimono) and slippers. Sure, the window of our twin room could have been bigger but we felt cosy in bed despite the extreme wintry cold outside and everything else was simply perfect.

Room tip: Ask for a higher floor, facing the railway tracks
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ホテルWBFグランデ旭川, お客様担当マネージャー at Hotel WBF Grande Asahikawa, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2018

Thank you for your stay and posting.
I am very pleased that all the staff have been able to have a satisfying stay.
Asahikawa is cold this year as well.
However, please warm up at the hot spring and spend a pleasant hotel time.
I am waiting for the use of another.
Thank you very much.