Hotel Dormy Inn Asahikawa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Free Internet
Hotel kanda(Asahikawa)
View Hotel
All reviewsramenmeloncar parktrain stationgrilled scallopslate night noodlesoutdoor tubtop floornice hotelon footthe main streetbreakfast buffet was gooddefinitely stay here againparking spacehotel is locatedfree coffeepublic bath
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The Dormy Inn is located about a fifteen minute walk away from the JR Asahikawa Station. The hotel runs a free shuttle every half-hour to and from the station. The hotel is located only about five minutes away from the pedestrian zone main shopping street and about 10 minutes walk from the major department stores.

Check-in to the hotel was very easy, we had bags shipped to the hotel and they were promptly delivered to us. The rooms were basic and small but very clean. The hotel has washing machines and dryers as well as snack and beverage machines on certain floors. The hotel has free onsens (one for the ladies, one for the gents). There is a 7-11 convenience store right across from the hotel.

We'd definitely stay here again if we return to Asahikawa (which is worth a visit, by the way).

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tim S
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Nicely decorated, new business hotel with comfortable beds and functionally laid out (although very small by western standards) rooms. Staff was welcoming. Good location for downtown Asahikawa with lots of restaurants and shops nearby. Convenient and free parking. Although the hotel was very busy the rooms were quiet. The roof-top onsen was very nice. Rooms seemed expensive although maybe this was because it was snow festival season.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The hotel is not near to the JR station; if you walk it takes a good 15 minutes. No fuss from us since we like to take a look at our surrounding. Very near to shopping street with a few departmental stores along the way. There is free car park as mention by some reviewers as well as free ramen every night from 9.30 onwards. The breakfast spread was awesome and it was by far the best that I had in my 14 days in Hokkaido. I stayed in the hotel for 5 nights and I had a queen size bed room but as with all hotels in Japan, it was a tad small but no complaints.
The hotel is clean and cosy and the onsen is good but not great if you had been to others in Noboribetsu or Toya.

Now for the minus; the housekeeping was inconsistent. We had to place a "Make up room" on the door before we leave every morning. On the first day, the bed was made, towels were changed and cups were washed. Spick and span. On the second day, the bed was somewhat made, the towels were left in a pile on the bed? and the cups were left in the sink?! I went to the reception and requested for clean towels which they obliged happily and then I asked about the cups. Actually I wanted to know why the room was not "clean" but I gave up as the staff had trouble understanding me and I did not want to appear "confrontational". So I left and went back up. The front office came up shortly after with the clean washed cups. I couldn't fault him as he really tried his best; I could tell and I was somewhat less annoyed. On the 3rd day, housekeeping was good but on the 4th day, the cups were again left in the sink? I couldn't understand what it meant. Was I suppose to wash the cups? I have no problem doing it but I was just curious why so. Anyway, I still recommend this hotel as I think they are value for money and a number of others such as car park, service, breakfast are commendable. Overall a good hotel to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scottie_west
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Friendly staff, small but nicely decorated rooms. Quiet interior because of a second sliding door to the bedroom interior, which was the same design for all three Dormy Inns I've been to in Hokkaido. There were enough choice of restaurants within walking distance, walking everywhere seemed so easy and stress free in this city. The Asahikawa train station is also within walking distance if you're not carrying heavy luggages.

Room Tip: There is a TALL TV station transmission tower right outside the hotel, request rooms on the other sides if possible.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank MGGL22
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Dormy Inn is very new and nicely decorated. It has free parking and the car park is just right behind the back entrance which is good to know if you are carrying quite a few luggage.

Rooms are standard size, a sliding door is used to separate the 'entrance' area of the room and the bedroom area which makes the room feel more cozy. The public bath is standard sized but very clean and comfortable.

3-5 minutes walk toward the JR station direction you will find a lot of restaurants or japanese pub which open til late. It seems like lots of Karaoke and night clubs are within 10 minutes walk from the hotel too.

Reason for a 4* rating to the room is due to a even better Dormy Inn which we have stayed in Otaru.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple