“Matsushima-Japan”

$157.06*
and up
Full-Day Historical Cycling Tour in Matsushima
Reviewed August 30, 2013

A very beautiful place, kept safe from Tsunami 2011, many attractions and beautiful Japanese gardens, shrines are distributed in the area, nice view, in addition to that, Matsushima Aquarium are excellent place for teens, exciting trip.

There are newer reviews for Matsushima Bay

Reviewed July 11, 2013

About 45min train ride from Sendai, stop at Matsushima Kaigan. When we arrived, there was a Matsushima is recovering campaign being held and we were offered free tea :D Nice start to the sunny day. Walk about 3 mins and you will see pine trees and the ocean. Be prepared to take some time to get used to the salty air.

A bit further down the coastline you will some of Matsushima Bay's beautiful islands. Most of Matsushima's attractions, the Godaido, Zuiganji, cruises, Fukuurajima are along the coastline.

If you have time to spare, definitely visit Matsushima. You can spend about half a day there.

2  Thank chemislove
Reviewed May 10, 2013

After 5 days in Tokyo my 8 year old son and I headed for Matsushima.Wetook the shinkansen
to Sendai [less than 2 Hours] using JR Pass and after sampling some of the cakes and pastries
available from the many outlets in Sendai station we took the JR Senseki line train to Matsushima,about 30 minutes.Just outside the railway station there is a tourist centre and the people here were so friendly and gave us plenty of advice on things to do around the area.
We headed for the nearby piers and boarded a sightseeing boat for a wonderful trip around the bay.Well worth the cost though to go out on the open upper deck there is an extra fee still well worth it and my son had a great time feeding the many seagulls that followed the boat.After the boat trip we strolled along the waterfront before crossing to one of the islands via a mighty impressive 252m long bridge.small toll to cross on the bridge was well worth it as the island was so calm and beautiful.Paths and maps made for easy navigation and the woods were such a joy to stroll through.My son enjoyed a paddle and playing on the shore not to mention running wild through the woods.Fresh air peace and quiet after the throngs of Tokyo this was the perfect way to recharge the batteries before the next phase of our trip.
After a stroll around the town we set off to find our room for the night at Ryokan Seiunkaku.
Once we had checked in we had a wonderful soak in the hot traditional bath and feeling refreshed we ventured out to find somewhere to eat.The Ryokan owner sugested a restaurant a little way down the road so off we went in search of same.As we passed the restaurant a woman came out to call us as the Ryokan owner had phoned ahead and asked her to keep an eye out for us.The food was terrific a selection of local fresh produce and even y son was happy as they did a special plate of curry and rice for him.To say I was well satisfied would be an understatement and then when it was time to leave we were told to wait a little and the woman gave us a lift back to the Ryokan.Such thoughtfulness and kindness will always be remembered,unfortunately I cannot recall the name of the restaurant.But rest assured the next time I visit I will definately call again.
After a sound nights sleep it was time to be on our way so we strolled around some more sights called at the aquarium which has an interesting collection of marine life.Followed by a small seal show for Kids and my son certainly enjoyed this.After that iewas back to the train station for the next leg of our journey.I was sorry to be leaving Matsushima and wished I could have stayed longer.But all good things come to an end.
To the people of Matsushima thank you for your friendliness and kindness I will return soon I hope.
Arigatogazaimasu
Richard.

4  Thank Ritchie2013
Reviewed April 13, 2013

The Matsushima Bay is only a short train ride away from the JR Sendai Station. When you reach the Matsushima Station, take a left out of the station and the boat dock is about a 10-15 minute walk along the road (although you should visit the Oku-Matsushima Park on the way).

The boat ride last about an hour and it is a really, really fantastic journey around the hundreds of very strange rock islands that dot the bay.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

A view on of the memorial hill overseeing the pine trees towards the sea gave me good impression about wonders of God, combined with limitless adventures of man. These add beauty to nature.