“Ok for the Price”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Joe
Buffalo River Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Saint Joe B&B and Inns
Madison, Mississippi, United States
“Ok for the Price”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We were tired from riding all day and fishing the Buffalo River. Found this hotel on our GPS on our cell phone. The hotel is a really great deal for your money ($49 + tax). The room was old, but it was clean. When we got ready to leave my husband moved the garbage can and a HUGE spider was behind it. I was really glad we found it when we were ready to leave or we would have been leaving in the middle of the night, as my husband has arachnaphobia. The room was clean and it was close to the river. It had a fridge, microwave and cable. We we very surprised for that price that our room had another bedroom in the back. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Donna P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Shreveport, Louisiana
Reviewed July 11, 2011

If you are canoeing the middle section of the Buffalo River or visiting other area attractions, this very clean and well-appointed motel is the perfect base camp! The rooms are comfortable, have wi-fi and cable TV, and the AC will take the heat out of your day. Jay and Alyssa are wonderful hosts with a knowledge of the area including where to eat, great swimming holes on the river, hiking and biking trails, and other scenic spots. The motel has a laundry room for all of your beach towels and clothes, a microwave, and a small fridge (perfect for leftovers from the nearby Gilbert Cafe!) Very reasonably priced. And, they have a resident Texas Longhorn and Jersey cow that graze and gaze at visitors
to the motel. The motel is about 30 miles south of Harrison AR and 15 miles north of Marshall AR. It is the only motel near the middle section of the Buffalo River and it is a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank flash7260
San Diego, California, USA
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We were at first pleased with the simple rural motel on the side of the road. A bit shabby and had some very old carpet but had all the essentials. The showers were our only complaint because the shower head was so low! We also were dissapointed that there was no microwave and we thought the website stated that each room had one but we didn't sweat it - we thought maybe it was broken or been removed or we were mistaken and thinking of another motel. Well after I return home to CA I noticed my checking account has an addtional $75 charge. When I called the manager and asked why, she was very rude and snidely told me that I took their microwave. I told her that there wasn't even a microwave in the room in the first place and she said that she had five witnesses who stated that there was a microwave when we checked in!?!? She also told me to call the sherrif if I wanted to keep complaining. WOW! I was so shocked! I have no need of a motel microwave and find it very suspisious that "five witnesses" were found that saw this mysterious microwave before we checked in late Friday night. Anyway, check your room and don't leave until the mgr checks it with you if you don't want to be charged for someone else's stolen microwave!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
12 Thank KittyStahl

Been to Buffalo River Motel? Share your experiences!