“I'd Rather Sleep In My Car”

Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Russellville
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Russellville
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is a very disappointing and sad review to write. We were in the area as guests for an event. Unfortunately the same week there was an accident at the local nuclear power plant and an oil disaster in a neighborhood up the road. This hotel had the only rooms available in a 25 mile radius because of all the federal, state and local investigators that were there to investigate these two disasters. In addition, there was a large high school band competition going on so there were literally no rooms anywhere else.

When we arrived, we had a very nice person greet us at the desk. They tried to keep our group (which needed three rooms) as close together as possible but the one single gal ended up being a little distance away. Not usually a problem, except the hotel was so run down, it didn't feel safe. And as expected, at an odd hour in the morning someone knocked on her door which scared her.

Turns out this hotel has recently changed ownership. If I were a new owner, I'd bulldoze this property down and start over. It's well over 50 years old. The concrete stairs to the second floor of our complex were eroding. I really cannot figure out why the health department has shut the place down.

The refrigerator in our friend's room had cockroaches in it. The enamel in our tub was eroded and black by the drain and there was some dried reddish sort of goo smeared on the heating/cooling unit.

The maid service came by early in the morning and we were not yet on our way to the event we were attending. She handed us some creamer and sugar for the coffee machine and left. She never came back. When we arrived late for our second night, all of us hesitated about going up to our rooms. We joked that the car would be a better place to sleep which led to our single guest expressing he dread of staying a second night. So we decided to pack our things and drive to Little Rock. We figured a shorter but safer and cleaner night sleep was worth more than an entire night lost tossing and turning in a dirty, run down and unsafe hotel.

When we got up to our rooms to pack our bags, the beds were not made and nothing had been cleaned.

Would I come back? To the beautiful city of Russellville, yes, to this hotel? It won't make it long enough for a return visit.

Room Tip: Don't.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
6  Thank Lilusmom
Josh R, Public Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Russellville, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2015

We apologize for anything about your stay that didn't meet your expectations we are very sorry about your situation.We want you to know that we have done our best to improve our hotel and make everything more comfortable for all our guests.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

I arrived late and the owner was a nice gentleman. The room was nothing to get to excited about, but it looked clean enough. The next morning the owner talked with me and gave me directions to where I was going. The free breakfast was just donuts so don't expect much.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank travelingPTcc

Thanks for your review we're glad you enjoyed your stay, we do our best to make every stay as comfortable as possible. We appreciate your comments they help us improve for all our guests.

Reviewed August 11, 2007

I liked this hotel 5 years ago, but now it is run down. My wife had an allergic reaction to the large amount of dust in the room. The air conditioning was also blowing out dust. The manager was kind enough to move us to another room, but believe or not, the room he moved us to also had the same problem. I had read bad reviews about this place all over the internet, but I thought they were just one time unsatisfied customer, but I believe those reviews now. I don't reccomend anyone to stay at this place, especially if you have children.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
8  Thank Ben93201

Thanks for your review, we apologize for not meeting your expectations and would like you to know that management has addressed your concerns about your stay. We appreciate your comments and hope that in the future you would choose our property for your next trip.

Reviewed July 3, 2007

The problem we had at America's Best Value Inn is that we ran into too many criminal types. Oour neighbor to the left of us seemed to be a drug dealer and the neighbor to the right of us appeared to be a "working girl." I would reccomend anyone with family to stay here. however, if you're single and don't care about the quality of where you stay, then this is the place for you since the prices are low. My wife woke up in the morning finding a roach on her pillow case. That was when I decided that we move away from the interstate hotels and move more inside of Russellville where the motels are nicers. We came to Russellville to visit a family member in hospital. We ended up moving from America's Best Value Inn and moved to a hotel close to the hospital.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
8  Thank Ben1901

Thank you for your comments and we sincerely apologize for anything that caused your stay to be less than you expected. We want you to know that all of your concerns have been addressed and if you are in the area again we hope you would choose us. Thanks again for your review.

Management

Russellville, ar
Reviewed November 7, 2005

America's best value inn and suites is a great place to stay in russellville. great clean large rooms and the staff is excellent. I recomment this place to everyone.

• Stayed: November 2005, traveled on business
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thanks for the great review and comments we do our best to accommodate all of our guests and make every stay as comfortable as possible. Thanks for choosing us and we hope to see you again!

Management

Russellville, Ar
Reviewed August 10, 2005

I stayed at the Days Inn in Russellville when electricity went out at my house and it was excellent. Clean rooms, excellent staff and great service. Definately recommend everyone to stay at Days Inn when you're in russellville.

Stayed: July 2005
Little Rock, AR
Reviewed January 7, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Days Inn of Russellville and we higly enjoyed it. Nice large, clean rooms and low rates. We will stay there again soon!