“Consistent quality, flavor, and wide selection”
Review of Brown's Catfish

Brown's Catfish
Ranked #1 of 110 Restaurants in Russellville
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2013

For a really great casual dining experience that gives you fabulous taste treats with a super friendly wait staff this is the place to go. When ever we have friends visit Arkansas they always want the "best catfish around". Our answer is always Brown's. The offer everything: salads, gumbo, ribs, chicken, and catfish just about any way you want it cooked. Yummmmm!

Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

Once you get past the initial shock of the price tag that comes along with the food (I feel it's overpriced by a dollar or two, but not much) you will definitely enjoy the food. I've been twice this month and both times I was greeted by a friendly staff which seemed eager to please. The food was fresh and delicious. Ribs were EXELLENT again. The fried shrimp was delicious. Service was quick to fill up an emptying tea glass. Tables were spaced far enough apart as to not elbow your neighbor. Lighting was good.
The only downside I noticed was like I mentioned earlier, the price, and the ice cream machine was broken. (No vanalla but the chocolate side was still a go).
Despite the price, this us a place I'd go to agin in if I ever come back to the area.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We live in 30 minutes away and love going to Brown's. It is a family owned Christian restaurant. They have the best catfish and fixings you can get. We also have them serve us hot shrimp rather than the cold ones on ice. The cinnamon rolls and bread pudding are to die for!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We received gc for christmas there and even eating there for pretty much free I would not return. The food was just not good. I will stick with one of the other catfish places anyday. Not to mention how expensive it is

1  Thank Hellokittylover32
Reviewed April 22, 2013

In Russellville, Arkansas, Brown's Catfish offers a very tasty buffett for lunch or dinner. What a nice treat at lunch, the food is hot and made fresh daily. They can handle one person to twenty or more at a seating. Great food, some cajun dishes, the fish is offered grilled or fried and they have all the sides and hushpuppies that you can eat. A great value with a family friendly atmosphere. The best sweet tea in town!