“Expensive for awful food” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oak Tree Bistro - CLOSED

Oak Tree Bistro
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Oak Tree Bistro is bringing a new definition to comfort food. From our award winning King-street Shrimp and Grits, to our 21 day aged hand cut rib-eye. Every weekend come out and enjoy our Fresh Fish of the Moment, we are bringing all kinds of wonderful seafood not normally found in Arkansas restaurants. We only serve the finest freshest ingredients, and our wine and beer list is very accommodating. We aim to make Russellville a destination rather than just a pass through on I-40.
Arkansas
“Expensive for awful food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

We had heard the food was good here but could tell by no cars in the parking lot something must be wrong on a Saturday evening when most folks are dining out. We took a chance anyway and we found out really quick how awful the food was. We ordered rib eyes, total fat..not even one good bite and very expensive plus if you wanted salad it was an additional cost. They have a long way to go before calling this place "good".

• Visited August 2013

Russellville, Arkansas, United States
“Below Expectation”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I've now had lunch twice at Oak Tree Bistro. The first time the food was good and everything was at the temperature it was supposed to be when served. The second time was extremely disappointing. I had the Caprese Sandwich. If it had been done correctly, it would have been great. Unfortunately, they missed the mark.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Tracey C
Mesquite, Texas
“Twice disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

We read such great reviews we decided to eat there on our anniversary. We were staying at Mt Nebo. I ordered the lamb chops and they were so fat and cold they were inedible. They replaced the chops without getting new side with a ribieye. The ribeye had about 6 bites that was not grissle. The manager compted our meal and begged us to come back the next night that this was not the usual. So we went back and I had shrimp and grits and my husband had chicken. The only good thing about the meal was the caesar salad. My bloody mary had somuch chili powder it burned my throat. The chocolate creme brulee was cold and the top was so hard it was like a candy. I was so unhappy because we could have gone some where else and had a good meal, a really good meal for the price.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank freezequeen55
wellington, fl
“Pretty, nice art...food fell short”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

We were on the 1st stop of our long road trip & I had high expectations for this bistro after reading the reviews...but doubt I'd eat there again.

The new twist on deviled eggs was good, I had a taste of the grits & decided to pass that up (way not creamy enough...needed to be cooked longer). I had the "$1,000 meatloaf" since I make an incredible one & always looking to improve. It was perhaps one of the most average I've ever had & the gouda that was supposed to be inside was just a slice thrown on top.

Hubby can't recall what his main was so that's pretty telling. Wine list was ok.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank gypsybaker
“Great Food, a step above the norm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were in town on business for several nights and after looking at trip advisor we decided on oak tree. We were pleasantly surprised that it was directly across the street from our hotel (comfort suites). We didn't know this is a dry county so having a glass of wine was an added benefit of dining here.
The food and service was great.
Only suggestion, get an answering machine with hours. Closed Sunday night and all day Monday.

• Visited September 2013