“On hotel row”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Russellville
Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Russellville
Reviewed March 10, 2012

Better value and service than acrossed the street and newer than next door. Nice stay, comfortable beds, good breakfast, nice pool and good value.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank HB-KB
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Russellville

Reviewed January 2, 2012

We were scared to death at first because the air in our room didn't work, but after opening the window...that was enough to keep us cool through the night. We slept great. (We would have asked to switch rooms, but the kids were already bathed and slipping into bed when we realized it didn't work.) The bathroom was a little small. The room seemed a little small with 2 beds, but we were ok with it for an overnight stay. If you are looking to call this "home" for a few days you may want to check on a larger room. Breakfast was impressive. At first, I thought it seemed small, but after looking it over there was a lot to offer. I liked the individually packaged grapefruit from the fridge. My children had the ham and egg quiche and chocolate chip muffins. The breakfast area was nice, clean and quiet. Very relaxing way to start the day.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2011

This is usually my stop on my way back into Oklahoma when I make my LR swing. Comfortable, easy people to deal with and located near good food.

Room Tip: Make reservations early.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 7, 2011

On the surface it seems pretty nice. Seems like they have taken some of the cleanliness critiques on TA to heart and put more effort into making sure rooms are clean.

But DO NOT stay here if you plan on sleeping in. The back of the building abutts to some kind of a lumberyard with tons of forklifts and back up beepers that start at a very very early hour. If you are business travelling leaving at dawn it probably isn't an issue..

Also, while the cleaning staff may be doing a better job, they all take a break with each other mid-late morning on the back patio to have beverage (did I see one drinking a beer? I thought this was a dry county. Why must fellow Arkansans propagate stereotypes like this) and smoke a couple of packs of cigarettes together in plain view of 1/2 of the rooms. So don't open the windows or the cigarettes will wake you after you've put ear plugs in to get over the noise from the forklifts.

I can echo some of the sentiment expressed in the reviews about the staff. The porkchop anecdote is spot on the money. The staff is affable but course to the point where your privacy is not respected very much. They ask questions that at first seem polite but then the conversation kept going to uncomfortable places; just plain old bored and nosey. One of them had the never to complain to unsolicitedly me about guest and how "these people always want fresh fruit."

Heaven forbid you should ask for a good nights sleep and a healthy meal, both of which you paid for with good money.

There are tons of other hotels on the strip here. Maybe others are worse. But we are coming back and when we do, which will be often, we are going to try every other hotel before we come back to this one.

I expereinced

Room Tip: If you must stay here, stay in the front of the building facing the road. Do not stay in teh back i...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Clean,quiet, and close to attractions- Mt. Nebo and Lake Dardenelle. Lots of restaurants close by- including chains and "Mom & Pop" eating establishments. Staff very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Very, very nice hotel. Rates were better than Hampton. Nice room, clean and good breakfast. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2011

We just returned from a short trip to Russellville, visiting family and friends. When we checked in at the Russellville Fairfield Inn, the first thing I noticed was a very clean, up to date lobby, and friendly staff. The room, although small, was also very clean with a flat screen TV, great air conditioning (since it was over 100 degrees both days) and one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in at a hotel. This made for a very restful night. It was also very quiet even though the hotel was full due to a high school fishing tournament. My wife also discovered freshly made chocolate chip cookies upon our return to the hotel in the evenings.The location was great, just off I-40, with plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Lake Dardanelle is within a mile, so for recreation, it is the perfect location. Breakfast is the standard free Fairfield Inn breakfast, with fresh biscuits and gravy (very good). The lady tending the breakfast was so nice to even bring me fresh, soft biscuits. I prefer, and usually do stay at full service Marriott's as a Platinum Elite Member, but Russellville has no full service hotels. The only close competition to the Fairfield Inn in Russellville is the LaQuinta, which we stayed at during our last visit. I am originally from Russellville, so I can tell you, this is probably your best bet in the area. So if you plan a visit to the area for recreation, functions at Arkansas Tech University (just down the street), or just passing through, the Fairfield Inn is a good choice.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple