“Honeymoon”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Royal
Brady Mountain Resort and Marina
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Royal
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Honeymoon”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

When my husband and I booked our honeymoon we were a little skeptical because of some of the previous reviews. Our visit to Brady Mountain was everything that we really needed for a honeymoon - Peace and Quiet! We didn't feel pressed to participate in any extra activities and we were close enough to Hot Springs to get the most out of the city. Our accommodations were clean and well prepared for our stay. It was definitely not a fancy place, but the bed was very comfortable and our towels were cleaned daily. We rented the duplex cabin and had a wonderful time. The restaurant was nothing special, and maybe a bit over priced, but like I said Hot Springs was close enough to where you could get good food without much trouble. We did a guided fishing tour and participated in other activities around the resort area. We also spent a good deal of time exploring the beautiful area. Honestly, if you are looking for something fancy this is not the place to go, but if you are looking for peace and quiet and time to just get to know your spouse or family better this is a wonderful way to do it for a price anyone can afford.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Emory L

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stayed at the campground with my two young sons. I passed by the "resort" and it did not look like a resort. The campground is great though. I made my reservation through www.recreation.gov. The check in process was lame - I had to go in and set my tent up then go back and check in with them. I've stayed at other campsites and never had to do that. When we got there it was pretty nice though. The tent area is across a small parking lot from the RV area which was not bad. THe RV area was completely full and seemed to be pretty poppin.' Lots of families. The beach was clean. The view was amazing. I felt out of place though with all of the RVs and me and my boys alone on the hill in our tent. It was definately more of a "jet ski, fish, drink beer in a boat, let the kids play in the lake" kind of place. If you're looking for an out doorsy experience, quiet experience...not so much.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank missjazzsinger
Louisiana
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My brother and his family had planned a trip to Brady Mountain Resort and invited me and my family to come along. The only cabin that was available close to them was the honeymoon cabin and it was $$$ so we opted to rent one of the trailers. When we walked in the trailer had a musty, closed up smell and was in need of some serious updating. We went to visit with our family in there cabin and after seeing it decided that the Honeymoon cabin might not be a bad choice after all. My husband and I went to the front desk to make the request and had no problem with making the change and the price was cheaper than what I was quoted when I inquired over the phone. We had most of the comforts of home. My son said the sofa couch was uncomfortable, our king size bed was okay. The jacuzzi tub was wonderful after a long day on the lake. There wasn't much of a view off of the back deck, but we had a swing and BBQ grill back there, no mosquitos to bother you. The lake is absolutley beautiful, the water is crystal clear. We rented a ski boat for the two full days we were there and was able to get it at 1/2 price the second day. All in all I definatley would stay here again.

Room Tip: Definately go with a cabin, the trailers in the trailer park aren't very good quality for the pr...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank NaisyD
Lancaster
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed for 5 days at the Bunk House, which is a 3 bedroom fiasco across from the main 'resort' which consists of a row of motor inn quality rooms and a feeble, cafeteria-quality restaurant. Our view was of a parking lot and a road. Our 'resort-quality' accommodations consisted of a dormitory-style abode with 20 year-old shag carpet (stained) and 3 bedrooms that not even a teenager would find decorous. We had basically mattresses slung on box springs on the floor with a plywood dresser whose drawers drop out on your feet. The kitchen, however, is adequately stocked with a fridge/oven/microwave and enough utensils/pots to prepare some food. The bathroom harkens back to the 70's. The ceiling looked as though it was about to collapse, so instead of fixing it, they just nailed up a bunch of 2x4's.

They call it a resort, which, to me, implies service and amenities. Service: a baggie-full of towels slung outside your door every day. There is no room service/cleaning. You start with a 1.5 inch bar of soap, and 1 roll of toilet paper on your first day, and that's it, folks, good luck! The pool is a shameful slab of cement that wouldn't grace the backyard of a slum house.

If you would like to play: 1. foosball, 2. table tennis, or 3. air hockey, you better cough up $3/half-hour for the privilege. Also, you'd better be left handed to play table tennis because they've piled a 5 foot-high tower of stereo speakers right at the baseline.

The 'beach' at the lake was a landfill of rocks and stones. However, the lake itself was warm and clean. We did spend a few days on the lake itself either on a ski-boat or on a party barge. The lake was beautiful and fantastic. I would highly recommend the lake itself as a nice destination, but would not stay in the bunk house, which I affectionately renamed the bunghouse. I wouldn't stay at the cabins either. Just drive in from some other accommodation.

We had other family members who rented the cabins which were of equal quality and disappointment. We paid $150/nt for the bunghouse and my family members, much more for little more.

Room Tip: BunkHouse is a no-go!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Vacationaddict_9
North Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We stayed in Cabin D, one of the older duplexes. It was clean and had no odor. There was a full size refrigerator, and the room was cooled off when we got there with 2 air conditioners going. You can't get much for $50 these days, so I was pleasantly surprised. We wanted something sweet and went to the restaurant, which had just closed, but they let us in to buy desserts and packaged them to go. That's pretty nice! My friend rented a pontoon boat and we went out on the lake and had a good time. Friends were in Cabin I, which is a much larger and nicer cabin, but costs more. Other friends were in Cabin C, the other side of our duplex. They left food out and had some mouse visitors. We did not have any issues with mice on our side.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank TPopArt
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We booked a package that included a boat rental and Magic Springs/ Crystal Falls. Everything was great. We had a water problem the first night, but the staff was super responsive. The marina staff was fabulous! The cabin was lovely - we stayed in the Executive 3 BR Cabin. Met a friend there (we both have 13 year old daughters) because it was half way between our homes.

Room Tip: I would ask for a cabin and specify not a mobile home. Cabins are in the woods, not on the lake.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Donna C
Waskom, Texas
Reviewed May 30, 2012

My husband and I booked a trip for just the two of us for our anniversary. We waited a bit too late and all of the cabins and rentals for miles around were booked up. We found Brady Mountain and they had one cabin "the duplex" available for $50.00 a night. She told us it was the oldest cabin on the property and had not been updated, not to expect much. We appreciated the honesty and brought some bleach and bug bombs, just in case. Maybe since our expectations were low, we were pleasantly surprised with the room. It is indeed a duplex, but the neighbor patio is on the other side of the building, so you have a private entrance. We had a small patio area, a BBQ grill and a view of the water through the windows. The furniture is 1950's flea market, but it was clean. The bed was a king and was new. The room was clean - the bathroom was small but had been updated with a new shower stall and toilet/sink/floors.
The kitchen included a cooktop, coffee pot, dishes, microwave and TV with satellite service. The A/C's worked great. Fresh towels were delivered daily and they do not offer cleaning service. The only thing I would recommend is to pull up the very old, very worn and stained carpet and put in vinyl flooring.

The only issue we had with the room was the odor - it was a sour, cheap paint smell, but we think it was mold and/or some mildew. Our allergies were not bad, so it didn't bother us too much. Bring a candle or Frebreeze.

The staff at the resort were great - super friendly, very helpful and have a desire to make sure you have a good time. The restaurant was open - the food was good - although they were very short handed in servers (only two) so service was not fast. Prices were reasonable. Hear they have the best hamburger in town.

We also rode in the stables - this was a great trip. We had ridden at Mountain Harbor the day before and we loved it, the stable was very clean, they were very friendly and the horses had personality. Brady Mountain's facility was not quite as nice as Mountain Harbor, but we liked the trail better. It was a better ride and the folks that run it were very outgoing and super nice. The horses were full of personality - and were fun to ride.

Bring a good long extension cord if you stay in these older cabins with a power strip. There are only three available plugs in the whole cabin. We brought some fans as well to keep the air moving.

The marina people were wonderful and helpful, told us were to catch some big bream and the lake is gorgeous. We are planning to go back with our daughters - I would go back again and hope to see it continue to improve.

Room Tip: Cabins C D E F G are true cabins.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank StephMc_12
Also consider these accommodations in or near Royal
Country Inn Lake Resort
The Hotel Hot Springs
The Hotel Hot Springs
#4 of 44 in Hot Springs
Baymont Inn & Suites Hot Springs

Been to Brady Mountain Resort and Marina? Share your experiences!