“Disapointing”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Went to Olive Garden on a Sunday eve around 5:30 with a party of eight. Troubles started at the beginning when the hostess forgot to give us a pager. 10 minutes later when we noticed others with pagers, we asked where ours was, they said, "Oh, we didnt know you wanted a table." We were standing right in front of the hostess station for twn minutes and they didn't know?!
We were told there would then be a 30 minute wait. Could not understand due to 1/3 of the tables being empty. It was obvious they were under staffed. After 30 minutes we were seated. Two servers took care of us and drinks were brought right away. The orders were taken and then this is where Olive Garden failed miserably. It took at least an hour before my and my wifes orders came out, but the other six people with us did not get thier orders. Then the servers brought out four peoples side dishes, but no entrees. Wha? Our server told us, "I don't know what happened to your orders. They seemed to have lost them, Some of the food was froze and they need to thaw and cook, not sure what is happening". These were orders of chicken parmesean, not something difficult or off the menu. Finally about 15 minutes after my wife and I orders arrived, the rest of the tables orders arrived. My wifes dish looked like it was dropped then scooped back onto the plate. She had ordered her dish with marinara in place of alfredo sauce, so I am sure they struggled with this adjustment.
I do have to say that they brought a couple free desserts and gave myself and my buddy gift cards for our trouble. we arrived at the resturant at 5:30 and did not leave until 7:30. Two hours to get seated and eat is a bit long and unnacceptable, especially on a Sunday night.
Our servers were great thru this whole mess. It was obviously an issue in the kitchen. With the choices we have here in Rogers, AR, this resturant will not last long with this level of execution.

1  Thank 1969RS

Reviewed February 20, 2013

The last time (and I do mean LAST) we went to this Olive Garden I was very unhappy. Due to surgery I carry a card from my doctor that ask that I be allowed to eat from the lunch/child's menu. However, my husband and I often just share a meal instead. When we told the waitress this, she said that we could NOT share the salad since it was "all you can eat." I canNOT eat salad, anyway, and would only be sharing the entree part of the meal. I told her this. She served us one meal but obviously didn't beleive me. She "hovered" around close to our table the whole time "with a watchful eye" to make sure I didn't eat a single morsel of salad! The whole evening/meal was uncomfortable and an unpleasant experience. We will not (and have not -- it's been over a year) return to this restaurant.

Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

I been here one time and was really bad so I'm tell you who want good italian food go to Napolis it's 4408 w walnut set 5 &6 4792705320

1  Thank Kalludra
Reviewed January 6, 2013

While I crave the menu at the Olive Garden in Rogers, after our last visit--chock full of wailing infants and unruly tots--we will never again eat in this restaurant. Jazzy Christmas music and impossible acoustics combined to be disconcerting, even though the service and food were, as always, both excellent. We could barely hear each other, but overhearing people (and their kids) across the room was no problem at all. Perhaps it's not Olive Garden's fault when people bring young children in, and not their responsibility to keep those children from screaming, but seating them together in a "family room" would allow others to hear each other from 2 feet away. Olive Garden, I will miss thee....

Reviewed December 11, 2012

With so many places in the restaurant business it is sometimes overwhelming on where to dine when chosing to go out! But what happens is that you find a place that has a warm, smiling reception when you walk in the front door, then you are seated in a comfortable table or booth, service is from a smiling individual who is concentrating on creating a enjoyable meal experience, the menu has a good variety of choices without being chaotic and then after great meal, fair price, a manager on duty will walk by and visit, just to make sure you are happy!
We find all of the above when we dine at the Olive Garden in Rogers, Arkansas! You will too!
Enjoy! rick