“Great ambience and Delicious Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Basil's Cafe - CLOSED

Basil's Cafe
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Bentonville, Arkansas
“Great ambience and Delicious Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

We are fairly new to the Rogers area so have been trying new places. I saw Basil's on Tripadvisor and we decided to try it out. The restaurant is small but beautiful. Our server, Stephanie was delightful and very knowledgeable about the menu and suggested a few things including the Blackened Scallops with Risotto. I decided to go with that and my boyfriend was in a hamburger mood so had the burger. We both loved our meals, the service, the restaurant and felt that it was a great value. We will be back again soon!

• Visited December 2013

Bentonville, Arkansas
“Disappointed & not going back.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

My husband booked our valentine dinner at this restaurant. I was very excited as I had wanted to visit this restaurant for a long time. We were first approached by a very stand-offish host (who we found out later was the owners wife). She never really greeted us but treated us like her restaurant was too good for us. Not sure where that came from because we spent well over $100. We were sat down & our romantic dinner was ruined by the host loudly conversing with the table next to us that had people she knew, talking about some vacation she had just recently been on. That is not how I wanted to spend my romantic night out with my husband, it truly ruined our experience. The service was good but they definitely pushed their most expensive plate, which I tried & for what I paid I don't remember it being all that great compared to other dishes that I've paid the same amount for at other restaurants in the area. There are too many other restaurants of this caliber in NWA to spend my money here.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank poteat_3177
“Nice atmosphere quality restaurant but not a good value for the dollar”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

The bread with the olive oil dipping sauce and the salads were good. Of the four entrées that we ordered the fried pork chop was the best for quality and quantity. The other three entrées were not good values for the dollar. The portions were small. The waitress was very helpful pleasant and knowledgeable. We will probably not return for another dinner.

Rogers, Arkansas
“will return!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Food was unique and delicious. Portions were great; we got the razorback rizotto and one of the pizzas, both tasty. Didn't have to wait more than a few minutes at lunch, though it did seem full. Unfortunately, even at lunch, they were out of a handful of items, which I find disappointing and surprising--but I'll give them another chance.

Visited May 2013
Batesville, Arkansas
“Elegant but not stuffy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

We wanted a place that had interesting food but within a decent price range. Basil's had varied menu choices at different price points. We had shrimp egg rolls as an appetizer. My husband had a five-cheese pizza and I had a large bowl of homemade chicken noodle soup with roasted red peppers. There were some great looking bigger ticket items as well and those that you don't find in many restaurants. They also have bar service as well. We first thought it might be formal and stuffy but found it to be relaxing and an overall quality place to eat.

• Visited March 2013