“Ole' Standby!”

Copeland's of New Orleans
Ranked #6 of 218 Restaurants in Rogers
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“Ole' Standby!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

I ate here often when working in the area a few years back, so I was excited to visit again during our 4th of July visit to Crystal Bridges. As expected, the staff members were very friendly, and some even remembered me from past visits. Our server had a good knowledge of the menu, and made a few recommendations that turned out to be big hits at our table.
The buffalo chicken egg rolls were very tasty. I enjoyed a very tasty filet with sautéed mushrooms, but felt the steak could’ve been a bit larger for the price, (in Arkansas.) My wife had another steak dish that included the most delicious mashed sweet potatoes I’ve ever tasted. Our server talked us into some cheesecake for dessert, and it too turned out to be a hit. Keep in mind, this isn’t really the place for health-obsessed diners. They must buy butter by the truck-load, as everything we ate was soaked with the stuff. Of course, that’s why the food was so yummy!
Other than the comparatively high prices, the only other negative was a slightly run-down feeling in the place. Most of the chairs in the bar area could’ve used some re-finishing, and the décor in general seemed a bit dated. Having said that, I’ll definitely visit Copeland’s again when I next visit Arkansas. It’s a nice diversion from the standard BBQ fare that is so common there.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Chrissy P

Toledo, Ohio
“Not a great visit; mediocre food, high pressure waiter, tired restaurant”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Went here a few years ago and loved it. Went here in July, 2013 and had an overall sad experience. The food was mediocre - not great. It was ok, but it was greasy and tired seeming. The service was prompt, but the waiter was a high pressure salesman, trying to sell us drinks, then a different appetizer, then for $4 add crab to your entree, then an after dinner drink and dessert, maybe something to take home with you. It was off-putting. The restarant decor is old and a little worn down. I don't plan to go back right away.

• Visited July 2013
Kortrijk, Belgium
“good catfish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

service perfect, catfish, asperagus and mushrooms were perfect, I come here every time, on my yearly visit to Rogers, I will continue to do so, New Orleans cuisine is great!

Visited June 2013
Dewey
“Likely the best place I've ever eaten!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Love, love, love Copeland's! We happened upon Copeland's before we left town after a visit with family. We'll definitely return and quite possibly will use the 'excuse' to visit family just so we can go to Copeland's! The prices are a bit steep but was well worth it. Portions were big, food was awesome and was good quality and service was good. Definitely worth a trip!!

• Visited May 2013
Bella Vista, Arkansas
“Casual Dinner at Copeland's”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

We have been to Copeland's numerous times. This last time we decided to sit at the bar for drinks and appetizers. We enjoyed the bartender and all of the food that was recommended.

Visited January 2013