“Great food, friendly atmosphere” 4 of 5 bubbles

Longhorn Steakhouse
Ranked #35 of 216 Restaurants in Rogers
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
SW City
“Great food, friendly atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

The restaurant was obviously somewhat newly opened due to the still traces of bulldozing and recent landscaping. My husband and I were skeptical that this Longhorn Steakhouse would hold up to our favorite one in Tulsa, especially in the middle of a busy Saturday dinner service. However, the food was great and the service was excellent and quite speedy. Even for being busy, we only waited 20 minutes for the anticipated 30 minute table wait, and our ordered food reached our table quite quickly. My husband had the small ribeye and I had the artichoke chicken. We both were very satisfied with our dishes. However, the bathroom could stand a bit of cleaning.

• Visited June 2014

Springdale, Arkansas
“Did not meet expectations”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Took grandson for dinner and was seated quickly. I ordered ribeye and he ordered filet. Salad came and was average. When steaks arrived my ribeye was tepid in temperature with light brown color, appeared as if grill not hot enough. Grandson filet was supposed to be medium rare and came rare and again the temperature was tepid and quality of our steaks was suspect. I was hoping for a great steak and was disappointed.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank TravelingBoomers1946
Rogers, Arkansas
“Needs more practice!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

This place recently opened and I hadn't tried this chain. I visited May 31st to give it a try, I didn't have reservations and was there about 6 pm on a Friday, so I expected a wait. The great part about this location is that you can walk from the mall. We visited the Malco theater for a movie and then walked to the restaurant.

Upon arrival, there was a small crowd waiting outside. We were told that we would have to wait 40-45 minutes and were given a buzzer. Outside we sat on one of their benches and admired the aesthetics put into this restaurant and their lot. After having a conversation with a random gentleman about the AMP our buzzer went off. We only waited approximately 25 minutes.

Entering the restaurant, it is as dark as a typical steakhouse. However, instead of a bunch of stuffed carcasses everywhere on the walls, the restaurant has a lovely array of artwork, some that I would not mind displaying in my own home. We were seated by a manager and we were kindly given some suggestions from their specials.

Shortly after, we were greeted by our server for the evening. She took our drink orders (Coke products, thank goodness) and we also ordered their fried green tomatoes. The fried green tomatoes came in a plate of 4 and feature a Siracha remoulade and goat cheese -- they were delectable!

I ordered the Flat Iron Steak featuring a stuffed portabella and cream sauce with a baked potato and a salad. My husband ordered the Longhorn Porterhouse with broccoli and a salad. After ordering, we received our salads and did not see our server for a long while. My drink was empty and our food had not made it out long past our appetizer and salad were finished.

Finally, a different server brought us our meal out, but our waitress did not come check on us. A different server brought us drink refills. Unfortunately, the steak I ordered medium-well was only cooked about medium-well on one end and medium-rare on the other. The stuffed portabella was delicious, as was the cream sauce, but our waitress never really came around to send my steak back. My husband's steak was cooked well and he had no complaints -- except that his glass would sit empty for an extended period of time.

Longhorn has the potential to be a great place to eat, but it needs to work on their service and the consistency of their food. The food we had tasted delicious, but when something wasn't cooked to our expectation our waitress was unavailable for us. Perhaps with some time and some training, the experience at Longhorn can be better.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Bentonville
“Disappointed by greatness???”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Instead of starting this review with a tale of a busy, hard working but broke couple. Let's assume we get to eat out all of the time together, therefore, making it that much more difficult to find new and enjoyable places to eat.
I was VERY excited when my boyfriend planned our date night AND chose a place we'd never been! Longhorn Steakhouse.
It was 9:30 when we entered the beautiful, cozy, yet elegant ranch style restaurant....it was 11:30 when we left.
10 minutes after being seated, a man that had stopped by our table twice before to assure us or waitress would be right with us, brought us some water. 10 minutes later our waitress showed to ask us if we needed more time with the menu and if we'd like some bread. We ordered quickly for fear we'd never see her again should we send her away without our entrée selections.
While waiting 20 minutes for our meals we devoured the delicious loaf of bread that was brought out, sans appetizer plates. A second male, not our waitress, brought my boyfriend's plate out. We both looked at him, puzzled, and was told mine would be quick to follow and with that, he was gone. I could tell you how my amazing boyfriend toyed around with his cold fries while waiting on my plate for the next 20 minutes, or I could share with you how surprised our waitress acted when she walked by and noticed he was the only one with a plate. Instead, I'll tell you about the cook that came out from the kitchen to ask us if anyone had explained why I didn't have my food yet. My plate was sent to the wrong table. Once someone realized it, they started cooking it again. And with that, she was gone too.
Once my plate finally arrived, my hunger unleashed it's fury and I was able to enjoy every single bite of my magnificent steak. It was cooked perfectly. Tender, juicy and seasoned just right. We were happy about that. As we listened to the restaurant being shut down, chairs being turned up all around us, floors being vacuumed, or waitress brought us our ticket. We never saw her again.
Our disappointment was great and our patience had been tried. It was very confusing to dine at what appeared to be a "high end steakhouse" but with service that would embarrass even a fast food manager. No one ever apologized, only (and quite literally) brought their 2 cents to the table.
Longhorn Steakhouse has a looooooong way to go if they hope to keep up with so much as the beautifully structured building they house themselves in, let alone their surrounding competition.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Fort Myers, Florida
“Great lunch specials, real "steak" burger!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

We have had lunch twice here in the last week - fabulous both times. And we had the same thing both times! They have a lunch special with a black and blue 1/3 # burger and soup or salad. I had the French onion soup yesterday and the corn/seafood chowder last week.
The burger is just the right size and SO flavorful. Hubby had the salad which was huge. they bring a hot round of really good wheat bread and butter to start. Very filling and just $8.99! I did order a side of fries to share and they were the fresh cut style, also delicious.
Both times service was fast, quiet, and drink refills brought without asking.
Don't think you canbeat this for a great lunch!

• Visited May 2014