“Great stop on a drive”

War Eagle Mill
Ranked #1 of 25 things to do in Rogers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Our Commitment To You Our flour comes to you the War Eagle way - stone ground slow to preserve all the nutrients and the deep, rich taste. Our farmers are committed to maintaining a natural, organic and Non-GMO environment for growing grain and work hand-in-hand with us to shorten the time between the field, the milling process and your table. Since 1832 to today, we remain committed to you and your family's health. You are our first priority. We provide an array of grains and flours and specialty items. The 2nd floor of the mill is a gift shop and the 3rd floor is our Bean Palace Cafe serving soups, sandwiches and our famous beans and War Eagle Mill cornbread!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Bentonville
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Great stop on a drive”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

The food products in the store are great, we eat organic so this is always a stop when we are near. The pancakes, the steel cut oats, the pecan pancakes, and everything else we have tried has been good. The river nearby is nice to just sit and read and listen to the water. The restraint upstairs leaves a little to be desired, we will bring something next time or eat before or after. It's too bad, with all the organic product downstairs there could be great potential. The history with the flooding and rebuilding is interesting. Take the drive, pick up some product, if nothing else get some multigrain pancake mix.

Visited April 2014

Fort Worth, Texas
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A trip into the past!”
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

War Eagle Mill recalls a by gone era with a working grain meal, general store, and restaurant. The staff were friendly and accommodating. The restaurant served good hardy food at reasonable prices. We spent an interesting fun half day exploring the mill.

Visited May 2014
Carbondale, Illinois
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Historic Mill Still Makes Healthy Food”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

If you're in the area, take a drive to War Eagle Mill. The mill makes many different kinds of non-gmo flour, grain and bakery mixes, in everything from 2lb to 25lb bags. I went to buy some bags to try, and left with two grocery sacks. They also sell honey and jams/preserves. You can see the mill work and talk to the employees while you're there. Second floor of the mill has some nice local pottery and other crafts for sale. Third floor has a restaurant, but I missed eating there on my visit.

Nice place for some photos of the stream, the mill and the bridge. Great place to get some fresh non-gmo flour. Lovely drive through the Arkansas countryside if you're coming from Eureka Springs, for sure.

Visited May 2014
Olathe, Kansas
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“Love This Place!”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I always visit here when I'm in the area. The employees are always so nice and are willing to talk about the area and the history of the mill. Don't forget to visit the top floor for a bowl of Bean Palace beans! Yummy! The second floor has some local pottery that's very pretty - and other gifts and vacation momentos.

The last time I was there, it was full of school children on a field trip. Many of the mill employees were dressed in Civil War-looking military garb explaining the role the mill played in the Civil War. I actually stopped what I was doing to listen to the Confederate soldier tell about how the Union army took over the mill to grind food for the soldiers after the family fled. I was so interested, I had to go learn more about battle of Pea Ridge. These are things you don't learn unless you ask the folks working there! It's such a great place full of history, beauty and even a little fun! You can watch folks fishing in the river from the mill windows, or go on your own adventure on the grounds.

I like to go to the War Eagle Cemetery on the other side of the bridge past the festival grounds. There is also an amazing view of the river down there, too, where you can actually walk down to the water. The only catch is that you have to open the fence (there is a sign next to it that reads the Cemetery Hours are 8-5) and ensure you close it behind you. I'm assuming this is private property with an easement for those visiting the cemetery, so I tried to tread lightly! There are also cows in the pasture area below the cemetery who seem pretty friendly, although I wouldn't trust them! The view is worth it. And the headstones date back to the 1800s, even though many of them are hard to read. It really provides an insight as to how short life was back in those days.

Visited April 2014
Springfield, Missouri
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Neat Mill with Eats and Gifts”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Stopped by on a road trip. Nice creek along side of mill. Mill provided a decent lunch, nice gifts. They have a craft festival in Spring and Fall.

Visited September 2013

Been to War Eagle Mill? Share your experiences!