“Lovely Day Trip”

War Eagle Mill
Ranked #1 of 25 things to do in Rogers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Our Commitment To You Our flour comes to you the War Eagle way - stone ground slow to preserve all the nutrients and the deep, rich taste. Our farmers are committed to maintaining a natural, organic and Non-GMO environment for growing grain and work hand-in-hand with us to shorten the time between the field, the milling process and your table. Since 1832 to today, we remain committed to you and your family's health. You are our first priority. We provide an array of grains and flours and specialty items. The 2nd floor of the mill is a gift shop and the 3rd floor is our Bean Palace Cafe serving soups, sandwiches and our famous beans and War Eagle Mill cornbread!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Bethany, Oklahoma
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Lovely Day Trip”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

We drove over for an afternoon while visiting nearby Eureka Springs. We had driven by on our way in on Memorial Day and it was packed. When we came back on Tuesday, it was so much less crowded (read: enjoyable to me) and I was glad.

The mill is in a gorgeous setting on the creek and has a lovely bridge. On the lower level is the mill itself and there are grains and mixes for sale. They are packaged nicely and reasonably priced. I bought the cornbread mix....more on that in a minute. The second floor is a gift shop. They offer lots of unique souvenier-type items and cooking tools/utensils. I loved their heavy, old timey diner-style coffee mugs and bought three. Again, reasonable prices.

On the third floor is the Bean Palace restaurant. We didn't want to fill up too much, so my husband and I split a bean lunch. It came with a bowl of pinto/soup beans (tasted just like my Mom's), a scoop of cole slaw and a piece of GLORIOUS cornbread. We ordered an extra piece so we would each have our own. They use the cornmeal ground at the mill. It is a very rough grind and has a nutty/corny flavor that is very unique. It is the same mix that I had already bought and I can't wait to make some here at home.

There is a nice shaded area near the creek and I would have loved to have had the time to just sit out there and maybe dip my feet in the water. Some kids were playing there and it looked like a blast.

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Grist Mill, old Iron Bridge, clear stream and a Deli, what else do you want?”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Whenever we're in the Rogers/Eureka Springs area, we always visit the Mill. Beautiful Bike ride or drive, especially in the Fall! Surrounded by many varieties of trees and shrubs.
War Eagle is a working mill, complete with gift shop and a Deli upstairs. With ample parking, the mill wheel and the Iron bridge offer many photo ops. Clean outhouse style restrooms outside.
Just east of Rogers on Hwy 12, turn south on War Eagle Rd. (aka 303). From Eureka Springs, take 23 south to 127 west back to 12, west to War Eagle Rd.

Arkansas
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“A return to a favorite place”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

20 years ago I visited annually with my children to participate in the War Eagle Craft Show twice a year - this is a beautiful place. The large red Mill sitting on the banks of the meandering creek with an old Iron one lane bridge connecting to fields on the other side is so beautiful. A great spot for a picnic and some fishing. It was such a pleasure to visit this Mill again recently and enjoy the scenery.

Villa de Leyva, Colombia
111 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 131 helpful votes
“Unique working old mill”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Very nice still working old mill with a beautiful old bridge next to the river. Scenic ride before getting there and a variety of flours, jams and all kind of fun stuff to buy. They even have a restaurant on the top floor with some cool antiques. Very friendly ladies working there:-)

1 Thank Milclau
Carthage, Missouri
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“craft show time”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

such a pretty place to visit and the craft show in the fall is amazing.
this mill is working and they sell items they have made, also a small restraunt.

Visited October 2011

Been to War Eagle Mill? Share your experiences!