“Beautifully appointed rooms”

Homewood Suites Bentonville - Rogers
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Rogers
Reviewed May 17, 2009

Pros:
1. Nice staff
2. Good breakfast selection
3. Well equipped suites that look beautiful
4. Free parking and internet
5. Good channel selection on the TV
6. Close to many food/shopping places, can walk to the Red Robin restaurant

Cons:
1. Tap water smells ghastly and stunk up the room
2. Couldn't override the motion sensor on the air conditioner despite following the directions.
3. On a busy road that gets very congested at rush hour.
4. Bed was uncomfortable enough to cause me to lose sleep

Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business

Reviewed May 12, 2009

Had a wedding party with 12 rooms booked. The front desk staff was so gracious and helpful with any request or change. The rooms were spacious and clean. The breakfast buffet and evening food was better than most "Breakfast included" hotels. All in all, a great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2009

Was really impressed with the quality and cleanliness of the rooms. The breakfast and suppers were very good for hotel food.

• Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed March 29, 2008

My family and I stayed at this hotel for a weekend get away. I am VERY picky when it comes to hotels as I like CLEAN and spacious. The suites here are absolutely fabulous and impeccably clean - nice size livingroom with flat screen TV, Cherry Cabinents, stove, full fridge/freezer, dishwasher, and all the amenities such a dishes and glasses, pots and pans in the kitchen area. The bedroom is very nice with a comfortable bed, another large LCD TV & a very nice bath. There is a door seperating the area and pull out couch in the livingroom. Most of the counter tops are granite. There is even a work area with FREE high speed internet in the LR/kitchen arear. The hotel has an inner courtyard with basketball area to one side We stayed right by this on the first floor and my boys enjoyed watching folks play basketball off and on throughout the afternoon about 2-3x's - it was not excessive and there was a church group staying over the weekend.

The staff was exceptional! Emily sold me over the phone on the hotel and was the most helpful person I've ever dealt with in arranging a hotel stay and I've stayed at many! The staff get five stars in my opinion. When 7PM came and I was ready to put my kids down, I called the front desk since the basketball was being used and was immediately told "no problem" - they took the basketball and the rest of the night was very quiet. The indoor pool is good size 3-5ft - not extremely large but not small and the area includes a very nice hot tub. Music piped into the area is volume controlled by the patrons.

The only unappealing side to our stay was their breakfast which was continental (pastries, bagels, toast, and fruit) with eggs that were made flat, browned and unappealing. If they could offer fresh scrambled eggs in place of the eggs they do offer, this hotel would get my "excellent" 5 star rating. This is the only change I would make as the rest of our stay was perfect. I truly felt like a Queen with the attention to detail we were given.

One more thing...my family and I stayed at the Embassy Suites in Rogers a month prior to this visit at Homewood. We'd stay at both hotels again, but would choose the Homewood over the Embassy due to the busyness of the Embassy (if you're looking to stay at the Embassy there is a seperate tower called the "spa" tower that is very quiet though. If you are looking for the best breakfast in town, the Embassy goes ALL out with exceptionally wonderful made to order omelets, waffles and a huge array of anything else you may desire. Both hotels are awesome, but for the price the Homewood will be where we stay again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2008

I love the rooms here the rates are not that bad either.It is good too with kids because if you reserve the I think suite with 1 or 2 beds and two rooms it is not outrageously priced and you can put the kids in one room with one tv and you and your partner can have one room to yourself and tv in each.In the other room even without the bed there is a sleeper sofa.They have flat screens too.The kitchens in them are neat too.It is nice if you are here more than one day too they have just about anything you need to cook just get the food.The breakfasts are good too and it is very clean in the breakfast area.The staff is very friendly.My kids liked it even though we could not swim cause it was cold outside.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed February 8, 2008

I stay here often and generally stay week after week after week due to work in the area. I just cannot say enough about how nice the place is- new, large rooms - better than the Hilton Garden Inn down the road. Rooms have 32" flat screen TVs. Cable TV has a thin lineup of channels but not bad. Kitcheneete is excellent.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed April 28, 2007

We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Rogers because we had previously stayed at a Homewood Suites elsewhere (and also the Embassy Suites was full). The hotel (as mentioned in the other review) is almost brand new and very nice looking. I did have to wait a while to check in because the front desk clerk was on the phone booking another customer. (I have a wiggly toddler, so this was not easy waiting a long time) Finally another staff member (after doing some other paperwork at the desk) checked me in. Upon checking in, we were told that there was a chance we wouldn't have water because they had replaced their system earlier in the day. Thankfully when we went to our room it worked.

We had help with our luggage and everything was great. The next morning we went out for a bit and came back only to find our kitchen flooded with suds from the dishwasher. The cleaning person had overfilled the soap and it had flooded the kitchen and soaked part of the carpet. This problem was taken care of and we were told we could move to another room across the hall (after we asked). We also noticed that a travel box I take with us on trips (to keep all of our daughter's things together) was missing. It took about 20 minutes before the cleaning staff could locate it. The manager said he saw it on her cart BUT WHY HE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING, I don't know. I had left our newspaper and a mostly empty soda bottle on top of the box (this was a pop up mesh box from the Container Store--not trash, very obviously not trash). It also had my daughters board books, stuffed animal, sippy cups, and other baby items. Very clearly not trash. After 20 minutes the "nontrash" items were returned. Honestly, it would seem to me that if the cleaning lady had assumed all of it was trash, when the box was returned it would have had EVERYTHING in it (including the neatly folded newspaper). Anyway, the nontrash items were returned. We were given that nights stay for free.

The next morning (in the new hotel room), we had difficulties getting the shower fixture to work to turn the water on at all. After working with it, my husband was able to take a shower and we had even more difficulties trying to get the water to turn on for me. Once we did we couldn't get it to turn off and it fell off. It was super loose when we first even touched it. So again, we had to call the front desk.

As far as breakfast, it was far below what we had experienced at another Homewood Suites up in New England. The first morning was ok, but the second was even worse. There wasn't even an attendant during most of our breakfast the second morning. There were items listed on the board, but were not available. I went to the front desk to ask if anyone was working and the breakfast lady had been taking a break. Several serving dishes were empty (out of food) and no one was attending. Finally the lady surfaced. After that she apologized for being out of certain foods, but there was nothing she could do.

Everyone was super nice, and we are not complainers and are very laid back. I just wanted to share our experience with others. I don't know if we would stay at this particular hotel again. It was just disappointing that we had so many issues with this hotel. They were certainly great at apologizing, but if they just took care of things in the first place, then they wouldn't have to be so apologetic.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business